main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone here in the Rebel Legion???

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by weemansith, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weemansith

weemansith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Hey all. I was toying with the notion of joining the Rebel Legion. My costume is an Anakin Episode 3, minus the Jedi mullet. What catagory would I apply under? Here are a few pics for some reference.
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/weemanfitz/DSC00223.jpg]
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/weemanfitz/DSC00162.jpg]
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/weemanfitz/DSC00278.jpg]
    And one of teh saber.
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/weemanfitz/399d6b1e.jpg]
    Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to post pics of your costumes if you got them.
    Toodles.[face_peace]

2. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I'm in the Rebel Legion. ROTJ Luke.

Anyway, I believe you would be under the Formal/Canon area.

3. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I'm in the Rebel Legion also (Princess Amber) but I'm not sure an Anikin E3 costume would fit in the RL. He's not exactly part of the rebellion.

4. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    There's always the 501st

5. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I would actually try the RL first....try getting in as an Ep2 Anakin.
    The 501st will nit pick over EVERYTHING on this costume; they have even started to ask for wigs if your hair isn't long enough.
    If you would like, I can set you up with a list of what the 501st looks for on this costume...

6. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The RL's pretty picky too. I sent in a photo from the premier of EP3 in costume and it was rejected since my belt couldn't be seen clearly enough in the photo. I don't exactly dress up like that very often so it might be a while before I get a better photo.

7. weemansith

weemansith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    I thought about the 501st, but didn't want to be nit picked over ever little thing. They'd prob. reject me because I'm 6'9". There are a few things I'm finishing up, such as the inner tunic and one more pouch, but I felt that the RL would prob. let me in. And about Anakin not being in the rebellion, most of the jedi costumes there seem to not even be a "character" so I didn't think that would be an issue.

Does the RL do stuff like the 501st? I want to start on a Darth Vader costume, since I love him and am a tall drink of water as well. The issue is $$$$$ of course. It would take quite a long time to get done as well. Oh a guy can dream though.[face_praying]

8. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Well, height won't be a problem with your costume getting into the 501st. The number one thing that the Membership Officer will flag is your hair; the Legion just ammended the requirements so that your hair needs to resemble Anakin's. You can get a wig to fix that problem.

The Rebel Legion IS easier to get into....They have been updating their requirements so it is becoming a little more difficult...but it's still easier.
    However, Anakin is one of those costumes that will be nit picked anywhere. and the RL DOES accept it.

Now....Darth Vader....I had forgotten you are over 6".
    If you want help to get into a Vader....I know people that can help you build one slowly over time....piece by piece. I even know two people that have scratch built it to save money.

Toss me a PM if you're interested :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.