main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone here make custom lightsabers?

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Quest_JMT, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quest_JMT

Quest_JMT Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    Hello again,
    I was wondering if anyone on this board does anything in the line of creating custom lightsabers. I have done a few simple ones and I would love to share ideas/parts with someone. Thanks
    -Quest

2. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I havent yet- but I really intend on getting into that. I think itwould be great for you to possibly give a tutorial type of thing at a metting on how to make them cause Im sure others would be interested as well!

3. Quest_JMT

Quest_JMT Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    I would be glad too. It's really not that hard. My first saber wasn't too fantastic. But I have done about five of them now. I actually just finished one that I am pretty proud of. I don't try and duplicate any from the movies or anything. I kind of like customizing my own. Maybe I can bring a few to your next meeting.

4. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I haven't been able to come up with a custom design that I like, but I did make a passable copy of Obi-Wan's saber from Ep I for my Halloween costume last year.

5. Quest_JMT

Quest_JMT Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    Saberweilder,
    What did you use for the emitter on your Obi Wan saber?

6. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Um, I used mainly plumbing pipe. For the top, I noticed that in some shots, Obi-Wan's Ep I saber had a flat disk with a small hole on top. So I got a washer that was just a bit bigger in diameter than the pipe and glued it on. If I had a digital camera, I would post pictures, but I don't so oh well.

I do plan on making a replica of Obi-Wan's Ep IV saber, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

7. Darth Blob

Darth Blob Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 1999
  8. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    Pretty awesome..:)

9. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    pretty good job!!! Got a parts list for us? It would be fun to create a chaper signature lightsaber!!!! And have everyone make one together!

10. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Great saber, Darth Blob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.