main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone here still have a state budget not passed yet?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by beezel26, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    NY state has been overdue since April and now even Governor Pattison who is nearly blind and looked pretty horrible a few months ago looks even better then our assembly. The democrat is looking more like a Republican every day. And he isn't even trying.

So anyone here have backward state politics?

2. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    No, but then I'm Canadian.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Federal government hasn't passed a budget yet either.

They're not necessary, more like spending guidelines.

4. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I live in California and our budget was due June 30, 2010.

The governator is suggesting lots of things to 'balance' the budget, but most won't fly with the unions, like reducing the wages of state workers to $8.00 an hour until the budget is passed.

May sound like a good idea, but the state controller says our antiquated computer payroll system can't handle the change, so he will continue to pay the normal salaries, so that the workers' contributions to their pension plans won't get messed up. And, lower wages means lower taxes paid, too.

Also, if the wages were temporarily reduced to $8.00/hr., it would mean retroactive back pay to the full hourly amount, meaning more costs in writing checks, postage, etc.

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Everything I've read about CA says the state is beyond broke but yeah, asinine move on Ahhnold's part.

We've passed a budget alright. Tuition at public universities is going up for the fall. Guess who attends a public university? [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.