1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Gold Coast (21st-23rd April), Melbourne (28th-30th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (25th-26th March), Adelaide (1st-2nd April)

FF:NZ Anyone here use PayPal? I need some help

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jp-30, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Hey,

I'm just setting up a PayPal account and wonder if anyone can give me some advice.

I'm adding my bank account details to my account so I can withdraw cash in foreign funds.

For "Bank Number" the woman at the ASB help desk thought I should just enter "12" (the bank code for ASB).

But the PayPal signup page gave an error saying it needed a 6 digit number. So I also added the branch number (in my case 3039) and entered 123039 as the bank number.

Then for the account number I was told it needed to be in xxxxxxx-xx format - which fits with the digits in my account & suffix.

Now on my profile page it just says

Bank Name: ASB Bank
    Account Number XXXXXX8-58

With no recall of the 123039 I had entered as bank number, which I would imagine is an important part of may account detail.

If anyone has set up a PP account can you just confirm that it all seems in order, and looks much the same as your account, please?

Much appreciated...

2. SithForceLord Jedi Master

star 6
    Can't you ring the bank or something? i'm sure they have a help desk...
  3. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Quote;

For "Bank Number" the woman at the ASB help desk thought I should just enter "12" (the bank code for ASB).

4. SithForceLord Jedi Master

star 6
    Was she the "Help desk"? If so, she sucks. If not, RING THE HELP DESK. Or e-mail their online help desk.
  5. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling

star 3
    there are better places for sibbling rivalry than here boys ...

JP ... I did this quite a while ago and can't remember exactly how it all worked out. However, as I recall it was a pretty confusing process.

I just had a look at the bank acc. in Paypal account, and all they have listed on file is the last 7 digits of the acc.# and the account suffix.

ie. XXXXXX5-00 which looks pretty similar to what you've got, right?

And you might want to have a look at [link=http://www.paypalsucks.com]PayPal sucks[/link] for some other interesting information on PayPal too ...

Hope this helps ... or at least helps more than the "help" SFL offered ...

Lawrence
  6. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Thanks, though you've put the willies up me with that PayPal sucks site. :_|

Ahh well, here goes nothing...

7. Chansplace Jedi Padawan

star 4
    remember that Paypal is very 'US friendly'.
    I signed up a while back, I dont remember having to put in a bank account number, just my CC details (I guess it depends if youre using it for buying or selling??) but I've recently made a payment to Australia which went through ok.
  8. SithForceLord Jedi Master

star 6
    Hope this helps ... or at least helps more than the "help" SFL offered ...

[face_plain] Right, well. At least I ddin't put the willies up him. [face_plain]
  9. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    I registered with paypal a few months ago, and everything worked out fine. I'm with ASB too, and I seem to recall entering the first 6 digits of my bank account as the bank number.

I signed up for that thing where you get $5 if you register a credit card, and I went through that process fine. No complaints yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.