main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Anyone here use PayPal? I need some help

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jp-30, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey,

I'm just setting up a PayPal account and wonder if anyone can give me some advice.

I'm adding my bank account details to my account so I can withdraw cash in foreign funds.

For "Bank Number" the woman at the ASB help desk thought I should just enter "12" (the bank code for ASB).

But the PayPal signup page gave an error saying it needed a 6 digit number. So I also added the branch number (in my case 3039) and entered 123039 as the bank number.

Then for the account number I was told it needed to be in xxxxxxx-xx format - which fits with the digits in my account & suffix.

Now on my profile page it just says

Bank Name: ASB Bank
    Account Number XXXXXX8-58

With no recall of the 123039 I had entered as bank number, which I would imagine is an important part of may account detail.

If anyone has set up a PP account can you just confirm that it all seems in order, and looks much the same as your account, please?

Much appreciated...

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Can't you ring the bank or something? i'm sure they have a help desk...

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Quote;

For "Bank Number" the woman at the ASB help desk thought I should just enter "12" (the bank code for ASB).

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Was she the "Help desk"? If so, she sucks. If not, RING THE HELP DESK. Or e-mail their online help desk.

5. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    there are better places for sibbling rivalry than here boys ...

JP ... I did this quite a while ago and can't remember exactly how it all worked out. However, as I recall it was a pretty confusing process.

I just had a look at the bank acc. in Paypal account, and all they have listed on file is the last 7 digits of the acc.# and the account suffix.

ie. XXXXXX5-00 which looks pretty similar to what you've got, right?

And you might want to have a look at PayPal sucks for some other interesting information on PayPal too ...

Hope this helps ... or at least helps more than the "help" SFL offered ...

Lawrence

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks, though you've put the willies up me with that PayPal sucks site. :_|

Ahh well, here goes nothing...

7. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    remember that Paypal is very 'US friendly'.
    I signed up a while back, I dont remember having to put in a bank account number, just my CC details (I guess it depends if youre using it for buying or selling??) but I've recently made a payment to Australia which went through ok.

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Hope this helps ... or at least helps more than the "help" SFL offered ...

[face_plain] Right, well. At least I ddin't put the willies up him. [face_plain]

9. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I registered with paypal a few months ago, and everything worked out fine. I'm with ASB too, and I seem to recall entering the first 6 digits of my bank account as the bank number.

I signed up for that thing where you get $5 if you register a credit card, and I went through that process fine. No complaints yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.