Oceania Anyone here watch Stargate SG1?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by OBI_JEDI, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sci Fi has 'filler' status now - whenevr there aren't enough shows with young people and sex and drugs and booze, they fill it in with sci fi. :mad:
  2. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    The Region 4 Season 1 Box Set of Stargate SG-1 is now out. It's a 5 Disc Box Set. It was released today :)
  3. lexu Force Ghost

star 6
    Stargate SG-1 is a great show, especially in the past couple seasons. Some of the best effects and technically impressive tv on, I think.

I watch it when I'm home and remember, so not very often. :p But, it's always great when I do catch it, although I can't make out what's actually going on anymore.

I like Jonas! He's a cool new character, and since Daniel is now back playing the role of the wild card 'higher being,' (and still engaging is the witty banter with O'Neill ;) ), I have no complaints.

Another movie would rock, as would some spin-offs shows.
  4. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    According to Gateworld.net:

- The spin-off will be set in the same time period as SG-1, and that it is not set in the distant past as has been rumoured. (Guest appearances by SG-1 characters are possible.)

- It is currently slated for the 2004-2005 summer in the US on Sci-Fi, though they may knock it back depending on how long it takes to make the movie.
  5. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    That's quite interesting. I think Stargate has great potential and a spin off show should go ahead in my opinion.
  6. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON FINAL(SEASON 6)

Suposepdly SG1 go back to Abaydoss (the planet from the first movie) in the season finale this week!

end spoiler
  7. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I finally bought the Region 4 Stargate SG-1 Season 1 DVD Box Set. It's very good. All episodes are in Widescreen format. They have really cool menu's and the picture quality is also quite good. No special features thhough :( Oh well.
  8. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    I see that Stargate is screenig again in a couple of weeks. :D
  9. Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Brutus, where did you hear that? It's a good thing it's returning -- I was this close to terrorising channel seven ;).

Does everyone know that they've announced Stargate SG1 will be having another season? For the record, that's eight seasons -- more than any sole Star Trek show. I heard the news on GateWorld the other night.

Am [face_love]
  10. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    Under the Coming Soon section of yourTV it says that Stargate starts again at 9:30 on Thursday July 31. Hopefully this applies to all states and not just NSW/QLD/WA.

And on other news of a spoilerish nature:

SPOILER

According to Gateworld O'Neill will be promoted to Brigadier General for Season 8.
  11. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Does everyone know that they've announced Stargate SG1 will be having another season? For the record, that's eight seasons -- more than any sole Star Trek show. I heard the news on GateWorld the other night.

Yep I knew that. Read the news when it first broke. It's good to see it's remaining popular and coming back for Season 8.

I'm also really glad that Stargate SG-1 is returning to Channel 7 :) It's been along wait.
  12. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The first episode back was a bit "meh", IMO. Murder mysteries never do it for me.
  13. Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Agreed, stinrab. I was a bit disappointed. The episode ?Cure? is up next with lots more Tok?ra stuff. I?m sure it?ll improve? sometime ;).

Am [face_love]
  14. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    Woohoo! We get double episodes down here......maybe we'll finally be able to catch up to you people north of the border. ;)
  15. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Some great episodes lately like 'Cure' and 'Promethius' This week we have Replicators. YAY!!! :)
  16. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    I just bought the Season 1 Box Set from ezydvd.com.au. I forgot how good some of these episodes were. It has the ep with Darth Unas. ;)

Was $69.95 inc. courier delivery, quite a bargain compared to the $145ish that Borders wanted me to pay.
  17. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I bought the same set from them. Excellent DVD box set. The best things of that set I think are the episodes are in widescreen and I love the menus.

I'm looking forward to the second season box set now. I jut hope they put some special features in this time. That was the thing that was lacking from the first season box set.
  18. Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Is it just me? or was ?Prometheus? better than ?Unnatural Selection?? I feel that they didn?t put enough thought into the humanoid-looking Replicators. However, I couldn?t believe it when Sam betrayed her promise to Fifth.

As for buying box sets and such, I buy the individual DVD volumes with four episodes on each. Probably not the cheapest way, but the collection looks good ;).

I think the SG1 season one marathon is on TV1 is weekend. Who?s up for it? :D

Am [face_love]
  19. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I didn't like the idea of the Replicators in humanoid shape.

It's better buying Box Sets I think. For one they are easier to move, it's cheaper and you usually get a heap load more extras.

Yep I'm watching the Stargate SG-1 marathon tomorrow even though I already have the Season 1 Box Set on DVD :)
  20. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    SG-1 marathon is on. :D

It's been ages since I've seen all these, it's funny to see how much of a typical mid-budget sci-fi show it was before it took off...
  21. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Well those were two pretty good episodes of Stargate SG-1 tonight. Next weeks looks interesting :)
  22. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    Bloody oath!

Can someone tell me why they aren't screening SG1 anymore 9:30 thursdays?! I was stuck with watching Me Myself I last night, blashemy!
  23. darth_brutus Jedi Master

star 4
    Damir, it should be on again next week, from 10:40 until 12:40.

Seven is repeating "How the Twin Towers collapsed" again as a September 11 special at 9:40, hence the lateness.
  24. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    wow, 2 years already? Damn that's gone fast.

I'm totally out of the loop with SG1 :( I thought about buying th DVD's (as I said in the first reply in this topic thread) but damn they're expensive. :( :_|
  25. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I recommend buying the Season 1 Box Set of Stargate SG-1 rather than buying each episode individually. It works out a hell of a lot cheaper that way. Season 1 Box Set is only $70 now. Very cheap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.