main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Anyone here watch Stargate SG1?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by OBI_JEDI, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, it sure does, seeing as two episodes are like $40 :(

But am I correct in saying the DVD released episodes are only select episodes and not the ENTIRE series released onto television? Or was that some dream I had, lol.

2. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I think some of the single disks are just randomly selected episodes (or so it would seem.) Thats why the box set is a good buy. ;)

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Being a disk buyer, I can clear this up.

I buy four episodes for under $30 dollars. I?m not a big box set person (except when it comes to Star Trek). The season one episodes were never put out on DVD, in either single or box set disks. On dstore.com, they were saying they had ?season one box sets?, but when I checked they were season two episodes. I know that on the disks, when you get to an end of a season, you get two episodes of that ending season and two popular season one episodes, plus the usual special features and then some extra goodies. I don?t know if that happens on the box sets.

On the single disks, you get every single episode (not just randomly picked ones). If you didn?t, I?d be taking my complaints to MGM ;).

Am [face_love].

4. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    I know that on the disks, when you get to an end of a season, you get two episodes of that ending season and two popular season one episodes

Ah, that would explain why some of the disks appeared to be randomly picked episodes.

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    The individual disc releases have about 4 episodes on each disc and they are sort of like a 'Best of Season 1' which I don't like since I want to see all the episodes not just s selection of ones the company think are the best ones.

The Season 1 Box Set has all of the episodes but no special features but I'm not too worried about that. As long as I have all the episodes from Season 1 in a Box Set I'm happy.

I'm now looking forward to the Season 2 Box Set of Stargate SG-1 now. That should be out next year sometime.

6. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    Next year?

:_|

I was hoping they'd come out every six months like the X-Files box sets.

7. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    oh ok. Thanks for the info. Seems with other more pressing priorities, ie: life. I don't think I can afford Box sets or, any DVD's anymore for that matter.

:(

8. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well I don't see the Season 2 Box Set coming out in the next 3 months so it would have to be next year then.

I really don't mind waiting for the other Box Sets as long as they take their time and do it right rather than just rushing them out to make a quick buck.

9. lincon

lincon Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2003
    Hi

Just wondering if any of you guys has seen the Stargate fanfilms. ?
    http://mysite.freeserve.com/Superteam

10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Last weeks episodes were amazing. Finally Daniel has returned to the team and this new bad guy, Anubis is really good. I hope we see more of him. We really needed a good bad guy again since Apophis was killed.

I noticed a few Star Wars references in last weeks episodes as well ;)

11. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    A few?!

Did you see that thing with the ship and how they had to do a trench run to blow it up?!

Direct shot by shot rip off of SW! :p
    And the inside of the ship, man that looked the same as the inside of the second Death Star!

Was still a good episode though ;)

12. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    Quite funny how you guys up north have had Daniel ascend and descend now, while down here in Victoria he doesn't ascend until tonight.

Damn Channel 7.

13. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I've lost count of the number of lines in SG-1 episodes that are practically identical to SW lines. Subtle references abound for those of us observant (read: geeky) enough to notice them.

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Eh, full of them. I guess that's one of the reasons I like the show. That and the quirky one liners......Foxtel had a marathon last weekend, exellent stuff. And on Monday they started showing the show from the first ep at 11pm our time (SA time), so I get to start again if I can last that late!!!

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I think one reason why Stargate SG-1 has been successful is because it doesn't take itself seriously. It has alot of Sci-Fi references from SW to ST and I even noticed some Sienfeld references in there the other day.

The second half of the Foxtel series 2 marathon is this weekend :) Looking forward to it.

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Should be good!! Hey, the first episode had a line that made me laugh....

"Yeah I got it working, I 'McGyvered' it to work"..... to that Jack rolled his eyes....make me cak it.

17. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I?m definitely a fan of those one-liners between Jack and Daniel.

However, having said that, who else was sad seeing Jonas leave in ?Homecoming?? I never realised how much I?d grown to like having another alien on the team that interacted well with Sam and Teal?c. Sure, he didn?t have that connection with Jack like Daniel has, but he was like a new spice in an old cabinet.

SG1 doesn?t shouldn?t be restricted to having a four-man team ;).

Has anyone else seen spoilers on Gateworld showing Jonas?s radical ?60?s? cut? I swear, his hair did go downhill in season 7.

Am [face_love]

18. JediMasterKieca

Nov 30, 2000
    I wasn't sad to see Jonas go at all.
    I never liked him much, he was too stereotypically perky and upbeat.

Geeky Daniel is much more my cup of tea [face_love]

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I could never take to him, I have always liked Daniels character, a little off beat and cute to boot.

20. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I didn't mind Jonas but I prefer Daniel Jackson since he was one of the original characters from the movie.

At Stargate conventions in the USA, many fans just ignore Corin which is sad I think since they don't think he is part of the team.

21. JediMasterKieca

Nov 30, 2000
    How good was that kid the other night?! The little Jack!

He had his mannerisms and ways of talking down brilliantly! Loved it! :D

Old George could certainly learn a thing or two about getting decent child actors from this.. ;)

22. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I thought Jonus was a great character, it was a pitty he was only filling in! Especially after Daniel's death got me all emotional! I also think it was a bit cheap how he suddenly came back.

I've done a litle bit of thinking! (me think??) well... the tablet that SG-1 found is all about the 'lost city of the acients'.
    If you don't already know, they are making a spin-off series called Atlantis, aimed to be between 2 episodes half way through season SEVEN!

So i believe that the 'lost' city is Atlantis!!!

23. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I have to agree with you Kieca, the young guy last week was superb. His performance is what would make or break that episode, and he exceeded any expections I had at the start of the episode.

24. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    How good was that kid the other night?! The little Jack!

He had his mannerisms and ways of talking down brilliantly!

I agree, he did a terrific job.

I've done a litle bit of thinking! (me think??) well... the tablet that SG-1 found is all about the 'lost city of the ancients'. If you don't already know, they are making a spin-off series called Atlantis, aimed to be between 2 episodes half way through season SEVEN!

So i believe that the 'lost' city is Atlantis!!!

You are indeed correct Rebel_Padawan. The 2 episode finale of Season 7 is called 'The Lost City'. These two episodes were originally going to be the new Stargate SG-1 movie or a 2 hour finale of Stargate SG-1 and then Stargate: Atlantis would start but that's hasn't been the case since Season 8 has now been confirmed. I'm looking forward to see how they work in Atlantis with everything :)

25. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Thank you for confirming that, Jedi Daniel, i am looking forward to see how it unfolds it-self!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.