main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone in Australia found Destiny's Way yet? - Yes, it is OUT!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lightsaber_wielder, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashalot

Smashalot Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 1999
    I went to Angus & Robertson Taree yesterday and asked about my book on order (DW ofcourse). The girl brought it up on the computer and told me that they were only printing the books TODAY (22 Oct). Great so they have only just printed them. She said to expect it within the next 7 - 10 days.

If anyone can confirm this it would be great, this IS what she told me, but safer to remain pessimistic and not get hopes up to high.

2. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I asked my bookstore in Sydney and they said End of the Month

They said it was originally going to be 1st October but got pushed back

Which is okay for me

:) No MORE ENGLISH :)

3. Lord_Riven

Nov 13, 2001
    I asked my bookstore in Sydney and they said End of the Month

They said it was originally going to be 1st October but got pushed back

Which is okay for me

4. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Still no DW for me...

:( :_| :( :_| :(

5. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    I ordered DW and Darksaber from my local bookstore about a week and a few days ago. I've just been informed that Darksaber has arrived, yet DW will not be in until next month, as that is when it is published!?!

I'm happy that at least one of the books has come in, and that I have some peace of mind and less uncertainty about when Destiny's Way will arrive. But it doesn't mean I'm not angry...

Why are we Aussies so deprived of getting the books on time?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Jedi_Knight_Mike

Jedi_Knight_Mike Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002
    On Friday I was told by collins that DW had arrived in their warehouse and it was to appear on shelf soon. The only uncertainty was when exactly this week the book would arrive at the store i had ordered DW from My guess would be Wed to Fri of this week I will have the book.

7. tim500

tim500 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    My DW was suposed to come today but got delayed and will be instore next Saturday! And I don't mind 'cause I'm going on a school camp to Rottnest Island next week and I'm looking forward to FIFA 2003 next Saturday! Pleasure Overload! Sensory Overload! Sensory Overload!

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Well, still no Destiny's Way hardcover where I am.

9. tim500

tim500 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    bumpity bump

10. MrNomAnor

MrNomAnor Jedi Master

Sep 17, 2001
    There is a reason for DESTINY'S WAY being so late to be released in Australia. It WAS supposed to arrive a day or two after the American date in stores Australia-wide. BUT when they printed off the cover jacket here in Oz, it came out with the wrong colours. SO they had to go and fix it up. How do I know this? My Angus & Robertson store told me because I kept on bugging them so they made a few phone calls. They told me Tasmania (where I live) should have it by Friday THIS week. The Mainland will have it by Wednesday because we are further away. Good luck guys.

11. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    So tomorrow then. Excellent (rubs hands together Burns-esque ;) )

12. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Destiny's Way is coming? Cool, just another yeeeaaar more for me! the enthusiasm is just exploding out here!

13. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    It's actually out. I got a call today saying my copy was in (hald an hour after I was in the store :mad:). Go forth and pester.

14. chazrt

chazrt Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah! I got my copy!! Pre-ordered my copy from Dymocks, Macquarie Centre, Sydney, yesterday. Awesome read so far.

They said they got in a few copies but all were pre-ordered. Hope the rest of u got ur copies. :p

15. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    I pre-ordered mine from Dymocks and they still haven't called me!

Razza frazza...muzza...son of a... :mad:

16. Lord_Riven

Nov 13, 2001
    Which means I shall get it tomorrow - Thank You!!!!!

17. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell!!! Arrrgghhh!

Splosh!

*Crazed mad-man/customer jumps in to lava pit*

18. Xanakh

Xanakh Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    I was just in Angus & Robertson (Geelong store), wagging Psychology, and I dropped to my knees and prostrated before the glory of the 4 copies of Destiny's Way I saw on the shelf. Unfortunately I only had $35 on me, not the $39.95 which they bleed out of us for an NJO HC.
    So, I'll get it tomorrow..

19. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I am currently on holiday, in Darwin visiting my parents, and sweltering in the heat!

I will try look for Destiny's Way in a few book stores tomorrow... I hope I find it! I would love to spend the rest of my holidays sitting by the pool and reading a new Star Wars novel!

20. DaJames

Oct 1, 2000
    Why, oh why now ? With about a week to my Year 11 exams, i am more or less bound to study for them instead of spending constructive time reading a book :(

However, come two weeks time (or possibly Melbourne Cup day, are bookstores still open then ?) i will be free to read it :)

Most unfortunately, due to the carelessness handling of spoilers recently i've been spoiled for some of the juiciest info :(

21. Xanakh

Xanakh Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    I know what you mean, DaJames. I have all my Yr 11 exams packed into 3 days.. what a bugger of a setup.
    I've been spoiled of most of the DW plotline too.. I really have to stop doing that.

22. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    I just got word this afternoon that my copy has arrived, but I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow.

YAY!!!

23. chazrt

chazrt Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm halfway through it now,, started reading it today.. It's a damm good read!!! hahaha

24. DaJames

Oct 1, 2000
    Xanakh - 3 days ? Ouch. the've got us on 8, which means less time to read DW :(

25. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Walked into Book City Wendouree yesterday... nothing.

Walked into Book City Wendouree today... WAA HOO!!! Damn it though, its a hard cover, and I don't have the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.