main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone in Australia found Destiny's Way yet? - Yes, it is OUT!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by lightsaber_wielder, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I picked up my copy of Destiny's Way today. Am I missing something here, or is it very lucky that I only had to pay $29.95 for it? I thought it was supposed to cost $10 more than that?

2. vader_slayer

vader_slayer Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    I must go and pick up a copy tomorrow. I thought halfway through Traitor that I might not want to keep reading the series but the end of the book was fantastic and gave me new reason to love NJO.

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I had a look today... and unfortunately it is not in Darwin yet! :(

4. MasterDownUnder

MasterDownUnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Hey there! Been outta' the loop for a while, but it doesn't take long to get back up to speed!

Does anyone know if it's out in Adelaide yet? I've dropped into a few Dymocks and Angus and Robertston's over the last couple weeks and they say the end of October and here we are on the last day of said month and I'm still twiddling my thumbs not knowing!

BTW I LERVE the new forum look! and I think the Alien scan from the Alien Legacy DVD boxset icon is choice! Hence I've now made it my icon!

Anyway, I gather it's out DownUnder but not everywhere, plus we have a discrepancy as to how much it is and should be? I think we usually pay about $30 to $45 or so for HCs. I remember grumbling about paying $45 for some HC or other. Even Harry Potter 4 wasn't that much, and it's about the 636 pages - much like SBS. Just checked my copy of Traitor - $17.95 - man, I remember when we were paying $10.95 for PBs! Oh well, thems the breaks.

Darksaber? I've had that for years. Don't wanna' rain on your parade, but it wasn't one that I'd really recommend other than for completing your collection...

Nuff'sed!

Gotta' cruise, See Ya'!

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Lightsaber_wielder, where did you pick up this unusal copy of DW for ten less than it ought to be?

6. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    And how did the title thread get changed to ---"Yes it is" these mysteries and more in upcoming posts :)

7. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Lucky so and so lightsabre wielder.

mutley, that was me. Easiest way to let people know. :)

Edit: Kadue can not spell to save his life.

8. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    Excellence, I ordered my copy from my local bookshop, which is like twenty minutes away in a neighbouring town. I live about three hours from Sydney in the Upper Hunter (hopeless place). The owner of shop sells the hardcovers a bit cheaper, and I recall that the AOTC hardcover was only $29.95 as well. Probably just lucky I guess.

9. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I've finished DW twice now!!! Yay!!!

10. Xanakh

Xanakh Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    I got the AOTC HC the day all the merchandise came out, for $22 in Target.

11. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    Yes !! One copy of DW for me and very nearly finished ! (does little Lleyton's 'turkey'/handpuppet move) ;) :)

12. spitcurljedi

spitcurljedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    i picked up my copy on friday from dymocks in the City (Sydney) near Grace Bros, and i saw that there were plenty of copy there either no one is buying or they got a really large shipment

13. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    I also received my copy last Friday and have finished reading it--not a bad book, just IMO not a great one either but it does serve it's job.

Thanks to DD for the PM. I walked into work on Friday and was told Dymocks rang, the book is in. I guess most places received it the same time.

However Dymocks at Westfield Carousel had sold out and only had pre-ordered copies available so I guess a few people have been buying it.

Enjoy the read everyone and let's hope next time another delay doesn't happen :)

PS: Thanks Kadue for changing the thread title-it made me look :)

14. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Xanakh, where in Aust was this Target? And isn't that a clothing shop?

spitcurljedi, what were they selling at?

15. spitcurljedi

spitcurljedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    it wasn't cheap, $39.95

16. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Thanks, just wanted to know. That's the usual price most places.

17. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    I guess it's just lucky that the owner of the bookshop is that lenient with the price.

18. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    I can't find any copies, I live in Rockingham, about an hour south of Perth and there is no DW :(

19. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I FINALLY found a copy of Destiny's Way today in Darwin. I am up to page 170, and love every page of it so far! :)

I will write a review for TF.N Books when I am finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.