main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Anyone in Townsville?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by CatThrawn, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatThrawn

CatThrawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2003
    Thanks, Grieyls ;)

JP, you can be on my website if you like, free of charge :)

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    I wonder if I should mention the thing he does after dark... :p

3. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Lol Grieyls, oh and sincere thanks Catthrawn :). So what type of website are you looking of establishing Cathrawn?

4. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Are you sure you wnat to know the answer to that?

5. CatThrawn

Aug 23, 2003
    Why you little snot, Squigs! :D

It's a website about ME, JP. It will effectivly be a part of my resume and a place I can show my friends and family around Aus and the world what I'm doing. I can chuck some of my photography up and photos of my artworks and whatever else. I haven't really thought about it. Some uni details too I guess, and future research ideas maybe.

Actually, JP, given that it's about ME, you can't really be on it. Sorry! :)

However, there will be a website that my friend has built for my astronomy club up soon. No idea when or where though. If you join the club, you can be on it!

6. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Now you've you done it :p

7. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey Cat, do you read Astronomy magazine?.
    I would like to write articles on Astronomy for your website. I am a keen astronomer.

8. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Aren't we all?

9. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Most star wars fans are yes, Strange that, considering Star Wars is predicated on a foreign universe.

10. CatThrawn

Aug 23, 2003
    It isn't suprising really, because Star Wars is every astronomers dream come true.

I don't actually read any astronomy magazines, I just tend to look at the pretty pictures. I'm more attracted to astronomy for it's beauty than anything else. I have a few books/magazines and have done some stuff at uni, but I'm not a subscriber to any journals or anything.

JP, if you want to write stuff for the website, you are more than welcome to. Just hold off until it's actually hosted. And if you're really keen, I have a friend up here who is also into discussing astronomy stuff and writing about things. I can put you in contact with her if you like.

Also, do you have Starry Night or similar software? That is useful in planning observations, especially if you have a laptop and can run the celestial sphere program in real time in the field.

11. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    The beauty in the universe is awe inspiring indeed. Even acts of destruction can produce a wow factor. Given that such destruction though is always the precursor for the creation of something else. Seems to be the one constant out there.

12. CatThrawn

Aug 23, 2003
    I can think of some things/people I'd like to destroy that would certainly give me a wow factor.

13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well if you do make sure that it is a good one ;)

14. CatThrawn

Aug 23, 2003
    A good person or a good wow factor?

15. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Good wow factor of course :D

16. Tiger_Bailey

Tiger_Bailey Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2003
    Hey, I'm from Townsville, still living here, but of course, Katie already knows me. :)

I'm CatThrawn's friend, Tenielle.

I love astronomy too, I'm hoping to get into it a little more than just amatuer astronomy though. One day, I'd like to be working in an observatory, or anywhere really, as long as it's doing astronomy :)

In fact I can't think of a better way to spend a night than to gather up a bunch of friends,(or just one special one), go out where the stars are bright, and have a picnic under the stars.

Oh, and by the way, I'm a big Kamino fan, I just love them! My fave is Taun We.

Anyways, that's enough about me. :)

17. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Hey there Tiger, I've heard quite a bit about you, all good of course

Welcome to the forums :D

18. Tiger_Bailey

Tiger_Bailey Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2003
    Thanks Grieyls,

I hope that I spelt that correctly. :)

I hope that everything Cat has said about me is good, LOL!

Cat and I have been really good friends for quite a few years now. We've known each other since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, but then she moved to oak valley, and I didn't get to see her again until I was 13, then we lost contact again for a few years, and she got back in contact with me when I was 16. Ever since then, we've been great friends. :)

I still owe her dinner and a movie, and everything else. :)

I usually frequent around the At0mic forums, but Katie introduced me to these ones, and well, they're good. I like them. :)

Anyways, better be off...

19. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Jolly good well enjoy yoursewlf while you are here. Oh and yes you did spell it right and first time round too, I'm impressed :)

20. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Atomic forums, hey? I've been there once or twice, but hey were too huge and overwhelming :p. I really like the magazine though.

21. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Does this mean you will be looking into it again?

22. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Anything's possible I suppose.

23. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Promises, promises :p

24. Grey_ozzie

Grey_ozzie Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2003
    hey all. I am a newbie here so be patient.... I am living in Townsville currently and have only just discovered this website..... and I thought I was a real fan until I came here.... now I know that I havent even scratched the surface

25. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.