main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Anyone interested in a "Clone Wars" party/get-together?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Raph1613, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Hi guys!

I don't know if anyone else in the group watches Cartoon Network as much as I do, but they recently ran a Clone Wars marathon. I managed to record all the episodes except for the beginning of Chapter 16. No big loss though. It looked rather boring.

Anyway, since I've got them all recorded, does anybody feel like getting together to watch them and perhaps eat a bunch of tasty food that's bad for us? We might even be able to get Nat to choose a pizza crust. :D That doesn't necessarily mean that we'll be eating any, I just want her to choose.....

Anyway, it was a thought. Let me know.

Oh, and we're coming up on some major holidays here really soon. I usually do a couple of different events for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll tell you all about it later.

2. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Sounds like fun! And no I will NOT choose a pizza crust :p I'm interested. When and where?

3. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    I'm up for it, I just got paid from ebay stuff. When and Where?

4. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Well, any time, really. What do your schedules look like? We could make it on a Wednesday. In fact, how about this coming one? We could kind of combine it as a FanForce meeting and hash out a couple of the details regarding InCon.

As for where: Wherever anyone has a place where we won't disturb anyone else. I've got my own apartment. Aside from some very close neighbors (who you'll all wind up meeting at InCon) I don't have any family or roommates to worry about. And this will give me a great excuse to put my armor and tools where they belong and finally clean my apartment. [face_laugh]

I'll PM you two my phone number for the sake of details and directions. For whenever and wherever.

Anyone else interested? Leave a message in this thread and I'll PM you my phone number as well.

I guess that just leaves the small detail of what to eat. Hmm. I was going to make a joke at Nat's expense, but I've decided to be nice. :D

5. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    :p I appreciate it :p

However, this Wednesday doesn't work for me.

:-B I have a Math pizza party and Highland Dance this week. Sorry.

6. jedilos

jedilos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2000
    this week is a bit busy for me, but i would like to attend. i just found out i may be staying in spokane for another 3 more years. I wont know for sure until 1 nov 04 but i hope i get to stay. also i have all episodes in VCD format quality is ok, so if anyone wants them we can get copies made. atleast to tie someone over until they comeout on dvd. i know my other half has more free time next week so i can get out of the house for a while and hang out laters

7. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Well, Oo_la_la and I are free, but it is short notice, and it just wouldn't be the same without Nat!!!

I know Oo and I are going south for the weekend, but next week should be ok, I think. Glad to hear you might be staying, Los, but I thought you hated it up here ;)

8. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Actually next week is looking better and better for me: Armor complications.

Which day and where? Like I said, my place is okay for this.

Oh yeah, and what shall we eat?

And Jedilos, what exactly is VCD format? Is that by any chance DVD, or the mini version of that? I do have a DVD player that I think takes the minis, too.

9. jedilos

jedilos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2000
    hi next week will probably work for me also.
    VCDs are just video cds its a very low quality of dvds. most dvd players can view them. its just a cdr with the video formated in mpg type format, i dont know how to explain it to well but you can convert movies and put them on cd to watch on your dvd from your computer. my clone wars vcds are decent quality ive watched them a few times and dont cringe too bad

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Sounds good.

So long are the Clone War videos/VCD's?

11. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Earwen,

In answer to your question: The Clone Wars "saga" has 22 chapters that add up to about two hours worth of viewing. So, more or less, the same amount of time as a movie.

Which day next week, where, and what shall we eat?

EDIT: 15 days till InCon!! :)

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Cool. I was just trying to figure out how much of a day was needed for this.

food suggestion: popcorn :p and there is no need to pick the crust for that 8-}

As for the day, Wednesday looks good for me, as long as I can be off at 9pm to make it to Highland dance.

What day(s) look good for you all?

And are we still going to have it at your place Raph?

On a side note, I am doing a mini-teaching lesson in my methods class and I have found a way to incorporate a message from Yoda into my math lesson :p "Lost the decoder Obi-Wan has." :p :-B

13. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Alright. It looks as though it will be happenning at my place. Just means that I get to clean. Believe it or not, Yay! I just needed a good enough excuse.....

As for the day, Wednesday looks good for me as well. How about everyone else?

And, what say we try for 5:30 or 6pm? That should give Earwen more than enough time and allow for discussion. Starting that early just means that I won't have time to get to a computer that day. :eek: So, everyone who's coming should confirm it here no later than Tuesday afternoon. Assuming that Wednesday works for everybody else.....

Popcorn I can do, no sweat. Here are a few other options available to us as well: Pizza (carry out or delivery), KFC (I think they deliver to my area), and there's a Subway close by my place. Any prefferences?

By the way, what is this Highland dance?

14 days till InCon!! :D

14. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Highland dance is a dance from Scotland and is danced to bagpipes :)

Wednesday sounds good :) either 5:30 or 6 work for me :) What about the rest of you all?

And if we order pizza it is someone elses turn to choose the crust :p 8-}

15. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Okay everybody, at least remember to call me. I'd hate to think that I'm cleaning my apartment for nothing!

Oh, and Nat and Kelli, please bring everything that you're able to print up at this time. This way we can put everything that we have together and see what we've got and see if we need to improve/change anything. But I do think that you'll all be pleased with the display backers that I've made. As well as the card holders and the display case.

Just remember, any pictures/graphics shouldn't be any wider than 14 inches. And Kelli, do you need any money to cover the cost of printing up those cards? For that matter, how about you Nat? Hmm. I wonder if we should discuss the possibility of forming a treasury.....

Uh, Nat, since this will also technically be a meeting, should we have informed anyone? Y'know, officially FanForce? Speaking of FanForce, don't forget your cameras! We still need photographic proof, don't we? Eh, bring them either way.

Oh, and if any/all of you have a plain, medium-large bowl, please bring it. I'll pick the one that I think is the most aestheticly pleasing. :D

And don't forget, about 15 minutes after I post this message, I won't be able to get to a computer until some time Thursday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.