main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone interested in co-writing a Star Wars/ Early Edition fic?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey guys!

I was watching reruns of the show Early Edition the other day (Yes...I'll admit I like it)

And I had an idea for a fic. The main character would be Obi-Wan...but it could be either in the JA timeframe with him as the padawan...or the pre-AOTC time frame with him as the Master...

The plot would be that just like on the show, Gary gets the newspapers telling that day's events....Obi could get a datapad or something that would tell him what was to happen the next day. He would then sneak off to perform heroic deeds, preventing the next days' news form happening.....meanwhile leaving Qui or Ani (depending on the timeframe) wondering where he was.....

That is just a basic idea so if anyone is interested and has better ideas let me know....You dont have to have seen the show to join in...I havent watched it that much....there wont be any actual characters from the show in it...but the story will have the same plot...

Well this could be a stupid idea but if anyone thinks it sounds good...lemmme know! :)
    I was thinking just 3 or 4 peeps shoudl co-write but if there is more interest it could be more like a planned RR...then again if there are no takers I can write it myself too...if there are some prospective readers but not writers!

Thanks!
    Snowbee-Wan Kenobi

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
  3. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    sounds like a very interesting idea I've only seen the show once and quite fankly I didn't even know it was still on. All my favorite shows have gone off the air so I don't know what to think anymore but I'd be willing to help.

Felicia Z.

4. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey thanks Felicia!
    Glad to hear you'd be interested!
    Actucally it isn't technically on anymore....there are re-runs every sunday but never any new episodes......

It has been a long time since I'd watched it but it happened to be on Sunday and the idea for the fic just sorta came to me ;)

We can wait a little while longer to see if anyone else is interested...and then we could start planning
    Thanks Again!

-Snowbee-Wan Kenobi

5. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Ohhh, like the idea! But I don't know if you want me to help, because I am going to be a bit slow on posts. But its up to you, let me know.

6. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Sounds like a great idea! I'd love to help... but I'm not sure if you want me doing any of the actual writing. Like Neon Star, I am a little slow with posts. Also, I do not have much experience at fanfic writing. However, you have piqued my interest and can definetly count on my support, both reading it and helping with the plot line.

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    *sniff* I miss that show...

8. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey Guys!

Neon and Halcyon03.....you guys are welcom to join in. I'd love any help and I have o say that with 2 fics of my own and a couple of RR's I won't be the quickest poster ever.

If it would be easier we could get a good part written and then post it gradually...
    It might take longer to get the actual story up but at least we wouldnt be leaving readers hanging for long periods of time...

Who knows either way...

Btw Jedi Girl of Corellia if you wanna join in even just to write a little bit you're welcome to!

Well I guess we can give this a day or two more and then start the "planning" I think if u two wanna help and then Jacinta is still up for it then we will have close to enough.

well..thanks guys!
    -snowbee

9. Halcyon03

Apr 9, 2002
    All, right, snowbee-wan, you can count me in. Sounds like fun!

10. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    I have one chapter left for Lost in the Darkness which I will have up very soon and I don't plan on doing anymore really big stories till sometime in the summer so I'm free to write.

Felicia Z.

11. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    OK cool...

So it doesn't look like anyone else wants to join so we can begin "the planning" whenever!

Do you guys wanna get a fair amount written out and then post it or should we just get the basic plot line done and then go from there?

Let me know what u guys think!

-S-WK

12. Halcyon03

Apr 9, 2002
    It doesn't really matter to me which way we do it. Some people
    prefer to plan everything out, others are at their best when they're just "winging it".
    Either way works for me- it depends on what everyone else is comfortable with.
    :)

13. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Now THERE'S an idea!

Very original- you've got a reader here!

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Welll.... hmmm... maybe I could do just a couple posts... I want to do scenes through the eyes of the cat. :D

15. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    I think we should come up with the basic plot just so that we're all in the same star ship

16. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey guys!

I personally am good with doing it either way also...but I agree with Jacinta the we shoudl probably figure out a plot

17. Halcyon03

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey everyone!

I think we should decide a time period first. Pre-AOTC, or JA? Hmmm....
    :confused:

18. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    How 'bout we take a vote?
    Everyone who has agreed to write some part so far just say which one they think.....
    Personally I vote for JA....
    but pre AOTC would be fun to...but yeah ...I cast my vote for JA

19. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    I vote JA but late JA

20. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    HEY guys ......
    well at the moment there are two votes for JA....
    What do the rest of you guys think?

21. Halcyon03

Apr 9, 2002
    I guess I'd agree... Definetly JA.

22. Halcyon03

Apr 9, 2002
  23. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    I agree uppers once more!
    So far JA is winning ;)
    Anyone else have an opinion?
    Otherwise lets get started!

24. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    JA sounds cool. Get to mess with Qui instead of Anakin. [face_devil] Don't have any ideas though. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.