main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone interested in creating a NEW Fan group?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by UluUlix, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    The QCJO is done. Most of the COUNCIL is finished. I believe Star Wars has a wide range and a long life. I no longer live in the area but I am working on trying to help create a new group. If anyone is truly interested and has thoughts-please post. This is not the Orion Organization-that is it's own intity. This would be a Star Wars group. I know that some have mentioned a group that would be far reaching-like the Chicago Force. I agree. The movies are over but there are the books, the comics, and more. I am working with Illd Saber to help move this project. I know that there are people out there. We need to know who you are and what you want in a group. There needs to be a name for the group and we will need to talk with Dajaun on creating a new board once we have a new name.

2. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    I have emailed Dajaun and it appears we have her blessings. She is checking with the folks from the old group to see what their plans are for the group.

I agree with UluUlix ... there's too much interest to let this die. Last night at the mall, people were loving the costume. Tonight in the neighborhood, I bet I talked to 40+ people excited about Star Wars, the DVD release, etc.

I'll be at Video Games Etc. in Moline for the release tonight. I'll guage interest there, as well.

Let's make this happen.

3. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    I would be interested in this

4. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I'm definetely interested in a new group. But, I am in Iowa City for now (College) and will be for a while, so my opinion may not count :p

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, I talked to TT_Boy tonight, he's fine with letting you guys revive the chapter, he just requests that you change the name.

You'll have to start over with the three meetings to be official then elect a CR at the third meeting.

Any questions, I'm always here or your new RSA mirax80 can help you out too.

6. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Sounds like we may be on our way. qcjediJohn_AM, would you be willing to make the short trip everyso often for a meeting? dinochick, when's a good time for meetings?

Also, paintball seems to be big in a lot of these groups ... is this something all you folks do? I've never played.

7. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005

I know this should be discussed in a meeting, but I got anxious with an idea for a name:

[image=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/h0t5auce/qc_rogue_squadron.jpg]
    (click for undistorted goodness!)

We don't have to use it, but I think it works on a couple levels: the nature of the origins of this revived group and the word "quad" in squadron.

Any thoughts? Am I getting ahead of myself here?

8. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    I would be willing to help and attend meetings when possible. I created the Welcome thread and upcoming events tread and have worked with Dajaun. I am free in the afternoon of Nov 12. I will be in the quads in the morning for an eye appnmnt. After that I could meet.

9. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Just to make sure we get all the bases covered ...

Anybody that is interested in getting together, please PM or email me with some basic info:

Name
    Phone
    email
    City of residence
    Star Wars interests
    Best time to meet (day of the week & a.m. or p.m.)

I'll keep all the info handy so that once everything gets started, nobody gets left out.

Thanks!

10. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    I have PMed you info. I think your name is catchy. just maybe there should be a few others, just to have a diplomatic vote. I personally do not paint ball - I'll watch but I'm really not into participating in that. The group I was in while I lived in Texas met once a month where we would discuss a book we had all decided to read for the month or any other aspects surrounding the movies, such as going to releases ect...

11. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    I agree, we should have a vote for the name ... I tend to get anxious.

I like the book idea. We'll also have the TV shows before to long!

12. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I'll definetely try and make it down for meetings when I can. PLEASE give me 2 or more weeks notice whenever you can though. It's very hard for me to make it to meetings otherwise.

13. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Hello everyone long time no see and hear. This is exciting news its been to long since we've done something Star Wars related, and I know some of you that are posting and we all have been looking for a fan club that we may be able to expres are opinions on what we can do as a group. And I know there's many different interest that is star Wars related and we can look into them to expand our own interest and new ones. So this is I hope is going to be fun and exciting to start a new fan club in the area. And by the way the logo QC ROUGE SQUADRON IS GOOD.

14. jeditwin85

jeditwin85 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2005
    Yeah I am definitley interested. (Hi Kent) But not sure if my brother is. We are really busy right now makeing our movie. But I spoke to kent tonigth (not sure what his name is on here) but yeah I'm interested. - Jedi Twin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.