main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Anyone interested in designing and building a Sailbarge parade float

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by beezel26, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    thats right, I have had a rather nice vision of building a Sailbarge for a parade float.

I lack the necessary skills to sew. but building and fixing motor vehicles is my specialty.

I am going to Australia in June and the Aussies are gaga over the idea and I will help them build one as well. They even want to do a fanfilm with the thing.

they have a christmas parade in Adelaide. Oh and it will be summer for them so it wont be a problem.

So what do you guys think,

Is it possible.

Or just a pipe dream.

2. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    Like I try to tell everyone I meet....NO I'M NOT NUTS!!

Anything is possible if you believe in yourself..anything can be accomplished.

First thing you must do is plan..plan..and plan some more. Don't grab the hammer and nails and dive in right away. You will also need to get a solid, working base,,,from there get as many source materials as you can photos, video captures, toys, hell make up a big pile of mash potatoes and start sculpting at dinner time (ahh the memories of Close Encounters :)

Then the frame and then the cool stuff like details...you know the bits that make people go "oooohhhhhh....ahhhhhhhhhh" at the parade.

When I build my props they usually have a purpose (i.e fan film ;) but part of me just wants to see how high I can set the bar for myself.

If you need more prop wisdom let me know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.