main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone interested in Dragon Con '02?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Scorched-Dewback, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorched-Dewback

Scorched-Dewback Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    Me and my friend AJ are looking for some roadtrip buddies to head down to Dragon Con 2002 in Atlanta, GA with, the last weekend of August. If we get a third person, hotel will only cost 120 bucks for all four nights (thursday night, fri, sat, and sunday nights), and if a 4th person, it'll go down to below 100 bucks. The Con itself costs 75 bucks I think for all four days. Info on it can be found at www.dragoncon.org Gas expenses won't be too high, maybe only 50 bucks a person (that's a maximum quote, mind you, probably far cheaper). Food was provided by the con last year (wasn't all that great, but hey, it was free). We'll be hanging out with the 501st and Rebel Legions mostly, but you can do whatever you want really. I tell you what though, you'll definitely have a helluva time. Too bad Planet Hollywood is closed now. Last year we all went, some 200 Imperials and maybe 15 or 20 rebels, and I think seven or eight ANH, ESB, and ROTJ stars were there, including Peter Mayhew (who has got to be the funniest man alive). We had an absolute blast. I think there's a lot of FanForce stuff going on down there too. All I really know is it'll be hellafun.

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Hey there. :)

Some people from our group will be heading down for D*Con. You might be able to join up with them for a caravan.

Couldn't hurt to inquire to see when they plan on heading down. :)

R2-Detroit Dragon*Con Thread

3. Scorched-Dewback

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks for the info! I posted over there :)

4. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Howdy Cleveland. Just thought I'd stop by from the Detroit board,

I Have to Mini-Vans that are going to be leaving the Ann Arbor area around midnight the 28th/29th. We have check in at 3pm on the 29th (day early). I will have my cell phone on until we hit Kentuky and meet up with our buddy there for breakfast.
    We stay until the day after the con, check out at noon on the 3rd. We are staying at the Hyatt. I noticed the prices for the room you are referancing, my guess is that you are not at the Hyatt or Marriott ( or not getting card keys for everyone in the room).

Mr. Fett will be driving as well. Not sure what time he is taking off though.

5. Scorched-Dewback

Jul 31, 2002
    We have a hotel 2 miles away from the con. *shrug* Its probably not gonna be in a nice neighborhood or anything, but then again, Atlanta's not all that nice of a neighborhood alltogether. I remember walking to the Western Union station at 3 am from the Hyatt. Being harrassed by about 50 bums is not fun.

6. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    A couple years ago they showed Crow 3 and had a shuttle bus go to some of the major hotels. You may want to e-mail the D-Con people and see if a shuttle is avail to get you to the main hotels.

7. Scorched-Dewback

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm not worried about it, that's what we have the car for ;) Any ideas as to if its possible to hook up with the convoy still?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.