main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ANYONE INTERESTED IN MAKING A HARRY POTTER FANFILM?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by gnbkeller, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gnbkeller

gnbkeller Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2006
    Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here in Cleveburg would be interested in making a Harry Potter fan film, because I love Harry Potter, read all the books, seen all the movies, and now I wish to make my own Harry Potter Film. I have a few ideas for what we could make, We could make a spoof, or maybe a side movie about one of the characters( for example Ron, or Hermione and we would tell some of the adventures they go on during the summer)

I am a new screenwriter that has published books and made four screenplays and I can offer the original idea, screenplay, and some of my 3d software(when it arrives in the mail) including Lightwave (8), Poser 5, and Bryce 5.

What I need is a budget,actors,director,producer, and somewhere to preform.

Thank you

P.S If anyone is up for it eventually I would like to make an actual studio where we will make fanfilms and commercial films, I have a few good screenplays left that need producing so, If you can help great! if not then thanks anyway.

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Cleveburg?

3. gnbkeller

gnbkeller Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2006
    yeah its my way of saying Cleveland,OH

Cleveburg=Cleveland

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Ahh.... Anyway, I don't know a whole lot about making fan films, but I was under the impression that if it's your idea, you should be the one forking over the dough to make it.

5. gnbkeller

gnbkeller Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2006
    In the movie business the producer is the one who comes up with the dough either by self financing or by fundraising.

It would take me a couple of years, by selling screenplays and books, to come up with the money to produce the film(s) so I am asking if anyone else out there has the money already or part of it. Fundraising and pitching to investors will take care of the rest.

I need to be part of a film production so that I have experience, so I thought why not make a film that I would like to make/ be a part of.

6. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Investors? You can't sell fan films. That's copyright infringment. Most every fan film I've seen was written, directed and financed by one person. Two or three at the most. These are (mostly) done for fun, not to show to LucasFilm and say "Look how good I am!"

7. gnbkeller

gnbkeller Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2006
    what I mean by investors are people who have the money or part of the money who want to give the money to the team so they can shoot it and this will only be for fun.

The fan film of course will not be sold to anyone because i know about copyright infringment.

So, again I am asking for people who have extra money in their pockets that would like to give it to the making of a fan film, directors, producers, actors, etc.

8. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Of course, I think most folks that would be interested in a fanfilm on these message boards, would be interested in a STAR WARS fanfilm. But I could be wrong.

Good luck finding someone to finance your film though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.