main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone interested in making a Hothlanta Rebels FanFilm?

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by red_rose, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Hey just wondering if anyone in the group would be interested in making a Hothlanta Rebels fan film. Ideas that have been bandied about include a documentary or mocumentary of Star Wars fandom, spoofing the films in some way, or a stop action film using the action figures.
    Ideas are greatly welcome.
    Sharon

2. Technoviper

Technoviper Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    You interest me strangely... say on, Red Rose...

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    A fan film? But whereever would we find a group of people who are ham enough to do it? [face_mischief]

Do you have a story idea? Some 20/20 expose on sprinkle smuggling, perhaps?

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    We could do a mock "Dateline" story on the menace of sprinkles. [face_laugh]

5. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Credits roll...

Announcer: Tonite on Galactic Dateline, we bring you 48 Hours worth of investigating reporting on the sprinkles crisis. Some would have you believe it is a menace to the Empire, destroying a decent way of living. <<Insert footage of Jedireject holding a bag of sprinkles: "Nearly 2 million Cakedoydians have perished from these little death toppings.">> While others claim it is a harmless indulgence with no ill side effects <<Insert footage of Minacia 'supervising' a smiggler loading his ship, "Hurry my apprentice, danger lurks at every turn">>.

Stone Cloudshifter brings you inside the dark world of sprinkles, it's adversaries <<shot of stormtroopers running, some hitting their heads on a doorway frame>>, it's supporters <<shot of a group of jedi standing around, eating cup cakes>>, it's bounty hunters <<footage of Noom drinking a blue beverage>>, it's makers <<shot of Minacia on a big comfy chair enshrouded in dark robes, eaeting Dorritos and drinking Code Red>> and finally, it's victim's <<shot of a squashed doughnut covered in sprinkles.

Hang tight as Galactic Dateline takes you inside: THE SPRINKLE MENACE!

6. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    OMG! That would be priceless! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    I think we have a candidate for head screenwriter!

8. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Actually, I can see the entire thing in my head. The film would follow the format of 48Hours. It would show different sides of the "Sprinkles Issue". Everyone would have a part. Bureaucrats, troopers, smugglers, jedi and bounty hunters. I would love to do the crime re-creations with action figures in stop motion! The effects could be REALLY cheesy. We could use models and toys. The cheesier the better. I think a comedy of sorts would be good. Heck, maybe we could even film at Publix showing Minacia's Grand Bag Boy Army of the Sprinkles Republic. This would be just too much fun to pass up.

9. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    LOL! I'm loving this idea!

Each major player in the story could be interviewed and bits of the interviews could be interspersed throughout the "show."

Then, when we reenact crime scenes with action figures, we could put the words "reenactment" underneath it. The viewers would be like "duh!" [face_laugh]

10. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Do not forget to include cheesy re-enactments of sprinkles smuglers and the dealers on the street.

Maybe even a Jerry Spinger Talk show.
    "My big boobed daughter dresses like a tramp and is a sprinkle addict"

Or

"Cross dressing sprinkle addicts and the She-males that love them"

11. red_rose

Jun 3, 2001
    Wow! I love the 48hrs idea! Oh man.
    So JD do you feel a script coming on? ;)
    Just put me down as executive producer. :D
    Rose

12. Jedireject

Jedireject Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    I was thinking you could have the report showing the horrors of sprinkles and how they directly lead back to the Empire. That they are being used as a tool for crushing the rebellion. At that point the doors to the studio blow open and Stormtroopers come in blasting the reporters.

Insert "Technical Difficulties" signage.

Return to Stormtrooper wearing a tie and sitting in front of the camera reading an obviously prepared statement detailing how the report was something along to lines of a War of the Worlds broadcast and that everything was made up for the enjoyment of the audience..........

I've added another chapter to the Sprinkles thread that further reveals the truth behind Sprinkles. :D

13. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    It's very important to have a good backstory. Who knows? Maybe it could grow into a trilogy....or two. :D

I think we should merge the two ideas. Sounds like we have a perfect ending and it would allow us to use our copious supply of local stormtroopers.

14. red_rose

Jun 3, 2001
    *rubs hands together* Good..Gooooood *cackles like the Emperor* :D
    Hmmm. Anybody interested in being the Set Designer?

15. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Just a warning: Fan Films take a *lot* more time and work than one would imagine. You might want to figure out logistics before deciding on even a rough production outline.

16. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Wait...this is US you're talking about. We'll probably still be talking about doing a fanfilm two years from now! [face_devil]

17. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]

This is true. It should also be noted that any fanfilm we make would probably not be made to be entered into any fanfilm contests. We'd do it just to entertain ourselves, and we're easily amused. ;)

18. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    I'm still of the opinion that we should shoot every scene twice. Once, using the word "sprinkles" and the other using the word "spice" or "glitterstim."

If it worked for Harry Potter, it could work for us!

19. starwars1138

starwars1138 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2001
    I think we should do a Special Edition and have a scene where Minacia shoots first.

Maybe on the re-enactment parts with the action figures, you have the anchor say something like, "Using the highest technological advances in CGI animation, our artists have assembled this startingly realistic re-enactment of the events. Despite it's real appearance, please keep in mind this is ONLY an artist's rendidtion!" Then have the action figured bouncing about. In the interests of time, we could forgoe any stop motion and just hold the figures with our hands like a puppet scene or something and maybe x-wing's on fishing line.

LUNACY!!!

BTW guys, I almost never post here (or read it for that matter but I stumbled back in here, saw this madness and had to jump in on the "creative" band wagon.

Chris - your friendly neighborhood hippified member of the Hothlanta Rebels

20. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Wow, Chris! It's an honor to have you drop by. Hope you come visit more often.

I think the action figures held with hands is beyond hilarious.

Where's our script? 8-}

21. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Okay, are we serious about this or not? I'll put a script together if this is something that the Hothlanta Rebels REALLY want to do. How are we gonna fund this venture? Where do we get the camera equipment from? This type of questions definitely need answering.

22. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Wow...I think this is worth discussing on the list. We don't have the fan club budget to support something like this, so it would have to be on a totally donated basis.

But in the meantime, it's fun to mess around with the idea.

23. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    We could put this out for discussion at our next monthly meeting. We will need to stress that we're not going for any fanfilm awards. ;)

24. starwars1138

starwars1138 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2001
    Well, I think that we our financial support issues should mirror the way Star Wars is done. The same guys who writes the story, pays for the funding! Hence, I nominate Jace to handle all financial outlaws from his personal budget. Everybody else like that idea - ya know, sometimes I amaze even myself...

25. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    That doesn't sound too hard. 8-}

But I think you have a good idea. Let the writers finance it. [face_devil]

RosieWook <--who's going a little nuts with the faces, today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.