main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Anyone interested in playing Star Wars RPG?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Tater_Vader, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Hi everyone... I am not sure how many of you know what I mean when I say RPG. To ease your curiosity the folks at Wizards of the Coast have summed it up nicely, visit their site here. Also to play a quick demo of how combat works in the game please try the demo.

Though to sum up RPG stands for Role Playing Game. A role playing game is a game of imagination and wit. You create a character, the Game Master or GM creates a story, and together you play a game that can be better than any video game. The only catch is that the fun factor depends on the playing group as a whole (players and the GM).

Now, onto what I am looking for and will happily provide. I have been a long time gamer, over a decade of GMing, DMing, and Storytelling experience. My gaming resume goes all the way back to Dungeons and Dragons (a Tolkienesque world setting) to Star Wars (along with dozens of others that are of no interest at the moment). As such I would be more than happy to create a story for you all to play in, so I need players. You dont have to buy anything to play this game, I can provide all that you need for it (except you should bring pencil and writing paper to keep track of you character's journies).

If you are interested here is the basis for the story, it is approximately 10 years after the events in Revenge of the Sith. The galaxy is in turmoil, the Rebel Alliance is forming, the Jedi are all but eradicated; Lord Vader and Emperor Palpatine have begun to assert an iron fist over the known galaxy. The doctorine of the New Order has become fully realized, and the anti-alien movement has begun in the core-worlds. The time has come for you to choose your destiny...

Know just to help you out if you decide that this is of interest. Create a character: what I mean is write some thoughts about their personallity, beliefs, a couple of key things from their history. The stories I create I try to develop off of the characters and that has proven to provide a very rewarding game experience.

A special note, If you desire to play a force user, (specifically Jedi, sorry I won't let anyone start the game as a Sith) you must understand that your character is now the enemy of the Empire, your character will be hunted, and would have been hunted throughout his/her life. So I request a good background of your character to know where they have been, and what they have been through since the fall of the Jedi Order, and subsequent purge of the Jedi. For help on writing your character starwars.com is a fantastic resource for information. I would like to also note that as I will be creating the story, I have the creative rights to alter the story in ways to make the game more enjoyable, I hope you all understand :)

I really hope that we can get a gaming group together, I truly believe it can be fun for all involved. I will be taking my gaming supplies to LosCon, since I see that they will have a gaming area set up. Feel free to ask me any questions.

ps. I didnt know I could be so long winded lol.[face_peace]

2. Harryp0tter

Harryp0tter Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2005

Sounds good to me, I'm a huge gamer and a even huger fan of RPGs. Was majorly into the text roleplaying when it was famous, however using the most common style at the time, free form.

I had once made up a Jedi name and character for that text star wars RPG I used to do. His name is Cythe, I'll write up some stuff for him and get back to you but I'm very interested as I am a major fan of roleplay.

I really liked knights of the old republic the first one =P. Went completely dark in that game I cant help killing innocent people or droids !

3. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    *Cheers* Well that's one down, A few more and this can become official. If there is enough people we will have a sit down and character creation session.

Now, its time for me to get to work, ohh how I miss playing these games. Give it a shot folks, you never know when you find something new to enjoy :)

4. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    NO SITH? START AS JEDI SCUM? I HAVE LOST MY GRANDSON! MY HEART IS BREAKING:_| :_| :_|

5. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    [face_devil] ... Even Anakin Skywalker started as jedi scum, before he learned the true power of the Force.

6. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey I thought it was gonna be a little longer after Revenge of the Sith... otherwise mine'll still be on that Outer Rim planet, and wouldn't have had all the cool stuff happen yet!

Oh yeah, I'm in too (in case you hadn't heard:D).

7. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    Doh! Thats right, It's set 10 Years after RoTS, please forgive me Greg, I know it is never wise to upset a wookie! :)

8. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    i've never played anything like this before, though i'd be interested in learning a bit more, it sounds like fun. is it okay to steal some ideas from expanded universe stuff (ie jude watson books)? how often do you get together to play? i'm assuming this won't cut into our actual sword wielding time?

9. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    You are more than welcome to steal stuff from EU stuff, just let me know what you are planning. Right now I am saying lets play once every few weeks, and nope, wont cut into saber practice at all. It's just another way for us to get together and have some fun, and play in the universe we all love so much.

10. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    10 years sounds a bit better, now if I could only get over the disappointment that you weren't talking about Rocket Propelled Grenades... sigh. [face_batting]

11. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    sounds like fun to me.

i was thinking about something along the lines of "last of the jedi." precocious youngling/padawan leaves jedi order as a teen for yet to be determined reason, then, comes back into the limelight following the purge of the jedi - feels called back into service, and obi-wan secretly offers guidance when he can.

i could make my own character with that starting point and add some key background. is this like the speed you're talking?

12. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    Only one recomendation I can offer to everyone is keep a thought on your character's age, just like in real life time does have it's effects on a body. And yes Liz it sounds like you are thinking on the right lines :) Lets all shoot for getting together some time next week, after Turkey day and such. Anyone have a suggestion of a good day?

13. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    well, aren't most of you all going to be at LosCon? otherwise i'd suggest friday. i'm pretty much available whenever - i normally work tues-thurs 8-5ish, so i'm home every evening (though i tend to be pretty tired on those days) unless something else comes up.

14. derekm001

derekm001 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    I would be interested in playing, however, I won't be able to join in until after New Years. I have a lot going on this last month of the year.

-Yodaa

15. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    Great! You will have a spot waiting for you whenever you want it Derek :)

16. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    hmmmm..........*glancing over at a shared wall*.....'tis a possibility neighbour....Justin used to do quite a bit of RPG....and he and i played a couple of times before a friend went nuts and into the army......

Justin even informs me he used to play the SW RPG.....ask him about his relatively insane jedi character...*snickers to self...muttering.....(had a stick for a lightsabre)...*

meow.....

me*

17. Boba-The-Fett

Boba-The-Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    well i like the sounds of making up stories i would need a lot of guidence from anyone willing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.