main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Anyone into costumes or props etc..........

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Depa_Billada, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    I'm looking for people into costumes/props designing costumes or any kinda art related to SW/fantasy. I'm an artist with a notebook full of origional costume designs inspired by SW and other fantasy films from classic films from the 50s to Conan to Lord of the Rings. Hopefully there is someone in our area into the same things as I am, and maybe we can get together and actually make these designs into actual costumes and do a little role-playing. If you or you know anyone or if you are interested in this email me.

fearandwonder@hotmail.com

2. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    I love both props and costumes, but I don't have a craftsman bone in my body, so usually I just look. :)

Big Chris

3. emc2_1978

emc2_1978 Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2001
    WOW! I'm currently trying to find various store bought patterns to develop my own Jedi Knight costume. I would love to take a look at some of your concepts and possibly realize one or two. Maybe you could e-mail me some pics of one or two of your designs. Then I could put them together over the next month and show them to you at the next FanForce meeting. OR possibly my wife and I could meet you for drinks one evening and go over some ideas. I'm not a professional tailor by any means.. but I did take Home-Ec in high school [face_clown]

4. stormtroopertk370

stormtroopertk370 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2001
    Hello, my name is Tom Young, I am the XO of Star Garrison of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion.

http://www.501st.com

I am a professional costumer and have 3 sets of armor, a Stormtrooper (of course), a Biker Scout, and Boba Fett. All costumes are built by a network of prop makers within our Legion. Currently in Texas we have over 10 members of Stormtroopers and we mainly go to Plano, except for myself and the CO of Star Garrison, we go to SciFi Cons all over the US, where we meet up with the rest of our legion, there are over 700 members world wide, and over 400 within the United States, it is something that the word "Fun" will not do, it is a total blast. We are very organized and it is just so cool to see 250 plus members together at once, such as when we go to Dragoncon in Atlanta, GA, something I recommend for everyone to attend. 4 days of countless fun.

I live in Round Rock, and I work in Austin. Two of my sets of armor are on display in my living room. I go out and troop it up every chance I get,and I am not afraid to go out in public, in other words I am a fanatic Star Wars fan, and I serve the Empire.

I am on a recruiting mission to get people into the Legion here in Austin. So far most all of the squad in Texas are located in Dallas.

Check out my site.

http://www.txp370.com

email:

sithlord2@usa.net

In service of the Empire.

tom
    Tk370

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.