main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone know how to trigger the comp when tickets go on sale?!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Anybody know of a way to trigger my comp when the tiks go on Net sale????? Maybe some kind of notification method every time the site is updated????

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    whats the web address and I can check it every morning and evening

3. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i think i know . set up a relay that triggers the ingoing data stream so that you can capture the incoming signal . now you have to set it to resist , i repeat resist the out going data . that will hose the whole deal ! once you have that done there is a linkage thing you do with your monitor . make it so you can decrypt the messages that you'll be getting .make sure that your phone line is pluged into your computer . thats another thing that will mess it up . once you start to download , you put the pants on your ewok . then and only then jabba will spit the head out at the gong . be sure to use your harpoons and tow cables , cos that armor is to strong for blasters . try to get a good look up leias metal bikini ! you dont want to miss that ! lando will be in the polka dotted thong . try not to look . it might take some doing but you should be able to get the hyper drive to work on the falcon . wampas dont know how to give directions , so watch out for that right hook . max rebo's band plays some great toons , but watch it . there are hidden messages in it . it will make you hot for your sister . yoda is a puppet , the hand goes here . ben kenobi loves twinkies , he found some for half off . dart vader has braces , thats why he wares that helmet . there are only six storm troopers , thats why you never see more than six at a time . if someone asks you to pod race for them , dont do it . you'll ruin the universe for everyone . if you see two droids in the dune sea , call the local imperial out post . those droids are more trouble than they are worth .

let me know how it works out for you .

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Are you asking specifically for buying tickets online for the Continental?

For Episode I, UA sold tickets in advance for other theaters but not the Continental.

If they do this time, the only thing we can count on is not knowing until about a week in advance.

Different theater chains are contracted with different online ticket sellers as the backend for their sales.

I just tried buying tickets for the Continental, they use moviefone.com. There is a maximum of 6 tickets per purchase and a 1.00 surcharge per ticket.

So the sites to keep track of would be

www.uatc.com

and

www.moviefone.com

or

www.777film.com (Same site, different name to get there by, useful when the main url gets busy)

All of this subject to UA's decision to sell advance tickets to Episode II or not.

5. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    The first problem is that I think UA was bought out by Regal Cinemas....so I'm not sure the UA site is going to be valid come time for the tiks to go on the Net.....

6. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    The site was active for buying last night, it links to moviefone.com as the backend. Even if they were bought, if they're not changing their name they won't stop using that site, and they won't change the place doing the actual ticket sales, that would be an enormous matter of time and expense to change, it won't be happening in 6 weeks.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    All 3 of the sites I listed above all end up at the same place for ticket sales, it's just 3 different ways to get there. Moviefone.com is their main entrance (and also the one that will be unreachable as soon as sales start), 777film.com links right to the same place, but a lot of people don't know it still exists so it might be a good back door. UATC.com will redirect to moviefone once you actually ask to purchase a ticket.

8. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Corporate Theatre News:

UA was bought by Regal Cinemas, however they are moving all administrative offices to the tech center. It was in the Denver Business Journal last week. They will not stop using the UA name, it has more visibility that Regal and they may even change the current Regals to UA's (according to our contact in Regal's leasing division).

Also, Moviefone has a weekly email newsletter you could sign up for. But, I'm betting that TF.n will have scouts reporting everytime someone makes a tix announcement, that's what they have been doing anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.