main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone know when Lucas is going to be casting in Australia for the series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by BosskMaul, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I think maybe I should move down there. ;)

2. DarthVicc

DarthVicc Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Production of the series begins a year from now so they say, so expect castings to start 6 months before that... during pre-production.

But there is word on the Net that they're already doing some kind of "preliminar online talent recruiting" via such sites as TVspy.com, etc...

3. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    In way I hope they find some unkowns to play the parts unless a movie charactor makes it in and the original actor can do it. I hope by September that a story line(s) will be out there.

4. ObiWanIsTheFather

ObiWanIsTheFather Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2005
    I have been speaking with Lucasfilm the past month or so on auditions, and they still say they haven't planned anything yet. Also, what's the significance of the Australian auditions?

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I think it's because the PT was filmed in Australia (to keep costs at a minimum) - iirc the Matrix movies were filmed there too.

Something tells me they'd film an on going TV show in Hollywood rather than Australia.

6. ObiWanIsTheFather

Jun 1, 2005
    Understood. Also, I called Lucasfilms on the 1st, and as of then there was no news about any auditions. So there you have it.

7. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    "I think maybe I should move down there."

True dat.

8. JediKink

May 1, 2005
    They don't even have the script started yet, as far as I know. That was am important part, getting the story all layed out in advance.

Not to mention, GL's pushing his new IJ script. Depending on how involved he is with the pre-, it might take a while for him to get around to the show.

I'd say the casting shouldn't take place for about year.

By the way, Is it really for sure he'd hold them in Aussie land? And if they'll film it in Hollywood, why would they bother going through the trouble of casting in Sydney?

9. dL-Fett

dL-Fett Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    yea i would definately like to know more about casting.....send in my headshots and blue steel poses.. even though one drama class at my school is as far as my acting career has gone

10. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    Then they might just be doing location work in Australia, with the main studio work being done elsewhere, in which case Aussie casting work will be very limited to bit parts, with the major roles being cast in, probably. LA or London.

11. Danny Torrance

Danny Torrance Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2000
    There was a major article where Lucas stated that he was making the 100 episodes of the live-action TV series based on a spin-off character in Australia, using the facilities of Fox Studios. He was said to be looking to buy a house in Sydney. Here's another:

Star Wars in Oz

www.heraldsun.news.com.au

09may05

STAR Wars fans can breathe easy. The Force will live beyond next week's release of the final film in the saga, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

Creator George Lucas has confirmed he will shoot a tie-in TV series - and it will be made in Sydney.

The writer-director yesterday confirmed speculation about the series, once more praising Sydney - where episodes I and II of the film sensation were shot - as a location.

"I am looking forward to coming back and working there some more," he told The Daily Telegraph.

"We're going to do a live action show based on minor characters in the Star Wars series.

"It's a spin-off, it doesn't involve any of the key characters. It's a different world unto itself between episodes three Revenge of the Sith; and four Star Wars: A New Hope."

Producer Rick McCallum confirmed the Australian series was "definite as definite can be", although the timing of it was still to be determined.

"It's a definite that we do it - the rest we haven't discussed on any level," McCallum said.

"We only finished the film Revenge of the Sith last Tuesday. George is thinking maybe we can do a series somewhere between episode three and four because that's the longest break (in the film series), 20 years.

"The Death Star takes 20 years to build so we need to work that out."

McCallum said the move to Australia was mainly due to the Federal Government recently extending its 12.5 per cent refundable tax offset for foreign films to large budget television series.

The intention was to produce 100 hour-long episodes - that being the number necessary to sell the series into lucrative television syndication.

McCallum said the series would use Sydney actors, directors and crew.

Lucas also plans to develop his Clone Wars 3D-animated series further from his new Singapore animation studio and develop a film - The Red Tails - about a group of World War II African American pilots.

12. ObiWanIsTheFather

Jun 1, 2005
    Before anyone gets all crazy about this one article, I am almost 100% positive the show won't be exclusively Australian casted. Not only would the concept in itself be silly, but no film production or series production that I know of casted only in it's filming region. The article just didn't properly phrase that they'll look in Sydney, but not just in Sydney.

13. JediKink

May 1, 2005
    "McCallum said the series would use Sydney actors, directors and crew."

I don't know how far that goes. Steven Soderburg just shot a film near where I live, Bubbles, and it was supposed to use local cast. I am one of the most active actors in the area and I don't know a sigle person who made it in the movie.

But what dualb said is the truth:

I doubt they'd use an entirely Aussie cast. Make for a very one demensional show. Not everyone can have and accent.

14. ObiWanIsTheFather

Jun 1, 2005
    I think it's just the interpretation of the sentence. What he could be saying is an optimistic "Lucas will give local actors a shot", but not necessarily everyone would be an Aussie. It just sounds to preposterous to be true.

And Bubbles is no Star Wars.

15. JediKink

May 1, 2005
    What he could be saying is an optimistic "Lucas will give local actors a shot"

That's what I meant. That was what the local paper said around here. The local nes spin doctors doing their thing.

16. Miss_Aayla_Secura

Miss_Aayla_Secura Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I think it would be just bit parts ...

I'm an Aussie and I read a story in a local mag about a man from a hick town playing one of the Wookiees because he is tremendously tall :)

17. JediKink

May 1, 2005
    Was that for the movie, or was that for the series?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.