main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone know why Troy Denning...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Conantheking, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conantheking

Conantheking Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2005
    Made a massive amount of colour mistakes in star by star? At the beginning a creature called the voxyn has purplish blood, which later becomes black, x-wings shoot blue lasers and have blue sublight engines at one point. Anakin has a red lightsaber but I read it is supposed to be purple, even the vomit colour of the voxyn was changed at one point. Anyone know why lots of colour mistakes were made? I could be wrong though, but I am pretty sure that x-wings have red lasers, Anakin has a purple lightsaber and so on...

2. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Well, as for the Voxyn blood... if you look at dark purple dye in a bucket, it will look black... but if you get some out with a spoon, it will look purple... as for the others, Jedi lose lightsabers hehe... maybe it was a spare? ;) And...well... Ion..cannons? Okay, maybe not... Maybe its some super Vong-destroying laser they forgot to tell us about

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    T-65J (XJ) models supposedly have Ion Engines rather than the traditional fusial thrust of the older models, so unless other NJO books describe them as pinkish red exhaust, and the blue description is consistant, then the XJ series has blue thrust. Except the Stealth-X, which is specifically colorless. Blue weapons fire may be a different model of cannon mounted to the wingtips, if the XJ has somethings besides the KX-9. Again, this depends on whether it is consistant in the NJO. This one, probably not.

Ion cannons are either Purple or Blue, depending on the movies or books. We see Red, Blue, and Green laser fire at various times in the movies.

Blood tends to turn black after being exposed to air, and purple and black can look similar under diffrent lighting conditions.

Blue and purple are also fairly similar under different lighting conditions, but logically a lighesaber should always be the same color, as it gives off light.

4. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    ... but that is nothing compared to the mistake that Anakin died instead of Jacen.

5. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Oh, totally... I mean, how do you type "Anakin" instead of "Jacen"... the keys are nowhere near eachother! And now all the other authors had to just go with it cuz of HIS typos... :oops:

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Who says one voxyn looks precisly identical to another? Do human tiwns vomit identically in colour, just because they are identical? Does the new X-wing model have to have the same drive glow as an eariler model?

7. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] :D

8. Conantheking

Aug 13, 2005
    How is it a mistake, I never got to that point but I know what happens cause I ran straight into a spoiler, not on this topic, but one quite a time ago.

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Some people are just bitter.

10. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Cuz we know who Jacen is, and a lot of people hate him... and right when we were starting to understand who Anakin was, and he had his little love interest and a reason to go on fighting and all the skill to whip the Vong into oblivion... he's gone... just like that... no more Anakin... Most of us are just bitter because we felt that Anakin was better developed than Jacen, so without him, it just isn't the same. I'm reading Darksaber right now, and seeing calm little 2 year old Anakin is heartbreaking knowing he'll never be old enough to drink legally *sniffle* :_|

11. Master_of_Ossus

Master_of_Ossus Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2003
    It's not. He's making a joke because Anakin is so much cooler than Jacen that many fans wish for Jacen to have died in Anakin's stead. Actually, I thought it was pretty funny. The joke, I mean. Not Anakin dying.

12. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Exactly. It wouldn't have been so bad if Anakin hadn't just had those big turning points in Edge of Victory right before that.

The wrong Solo was killed, I tell you! [face_not_talking]

13. Conantheking

Aug 13, 2005
    I just read it, glad he died in a way. The fact it was a much loved character makes it all the more tragic and makes the NJO more of a darker tale which it is supposed to be. If Jacen died and no one cared then it would not be so suprising and shocking. Anyway, I prefer Jacen, Anakin reminded me of the Anakin from Episode 2, while he was talented and a great person, he was foolish so naturally it wuld be him that goes.

14. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I think it is a much bigger mistake for Denning to write in his last book that Tenel Ka had her right arm chopped off. Somebody should have caught that error.

AG88

15. GavinStrife

Sep 15, 2005
    Ben Skywalker reminds me a LOT of Anakin from Episode 1, right down to the poor acting... I can just hear his voice in my head whenever I read one of Ben's lines... [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.