San Fran, CA Anyone like SW EU stuff here?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey all,
    I was just wondering if anyone else here was a EU junkie like me... I think I have the current title of "uber-dork" of just knowing way too much detail and technical stuff concerning EU that no one in their right mind should know. lol But on a good note that makes me best suited to answer everyone elses EU needs!!! yay! :) So anyway, anyone???
  2. Rogue6 Force Ghost

star 2
    HAHAHAHAHAHA DORK!

The encyclopedia of random stuff, our very own Jedi Tenken!!!

I have chosen not to delve into the EU, however it does sound interesting as far as a storyline is concerned.
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I know some people are waiting till after Episode 3 to dive into reading EU stuff. Dude Six! You should have came to WonderCon you could have gotten that Copy of Vector Prime I gave you auto'ed by RA Salvator and also the AOTC novelization if you have it. Anyway, I need to finish the New Jedi Order... too many of them! lol
  4. AgenKedar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heck NO! EU SUCKS! Whatever George Lucas writes or says, is LAW!!!
  5. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually any books that are authorized by Lucasfilm need to go through Lucas himself first and also he has say on the overall general story. Otherwise all the authors would start writing tangents and nothing would be uniform in the SW universe. Technically Lucas does give a general description of a story, it just depends on the author to fill in the actual story. Lucas has stated that writing isn't his strong suit so he lets others do it most of the time.
  6. AgenKedar Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've heard that about Lucas, but it seems that he gives those authors of EU alot of freedom. I tend to just stick to what I know from the movies. All those characters in the EU just don't have the same presence as the characters in the movies. They just seem more real. Corran Horn from "I, Jedi" is probably one of the few EU characters that seems to meet that standard set by the movies. But... on the most part I am very dissappointed in the EU. It just doesn't "feel" the same. I mean, come on, resurrecting the Emporer has to be one of the most STUPID ideas I have ever heard of!
  7. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm big into the EU (obviously by my user name) ;) Have you heard that there will be an EU character in Episode 3? Lucas sure appears to be trying to encorporate the EU into his universe... this will go a long way towards adding credibility to the EU. Once this EU character is in the movie, it will become canon. :D
  8. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Linda! What's the character????!? I have a guess but I rather not discuss it over a open transmission. lol If you know PM to me! Does it have to do with a certain Corellian Jedi Master who has trouble with TK???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.