main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Anyone Meditate?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by TheSmilingPilgrim, Aug 20, 2017.

1. TheSmilingPilgrim

TheSmilingPilgrim Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2017
    Lately been pretty into Zen meditation that is just simply sitting and being present and trying to be more aware and open to the vastness of what it means to arise and fall away each moment. A lot has opened up for me in understanding what my real identity is with this simple thing and just spending time with myself in kind of a concentrated way has felt really therapeutic. Kind of has solved a lot of stress and meaning issues for me.

Also think the Jhana stuff is pretty cool in like deep meditation.

I am hoping to maybe spend some time at Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in America to focus on meditation and see how deep I can understand about myself and life. Also would be really into doing like a long retreat at a forest monastery or something.

What about anyone here? Into meditation or any other stuff like that?

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Mediation sounds like a good way to focus on what is really important and to give calmness to oneself. But in the hectic time, I can't find the time for it. I know the more hectic it is the more one should take the needed time, but it simply don't work for me. [face_plain]

How did you get started with it?

Pensivia likes this.
  3. Pensivia

Pensivia Host of "The International Exchange" star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I've heard about the benefits of meditation for years but am just now making a slight start on trying it. Nothing too involved yet--just have been experimenting with some of the many guided meditations available on YouTube. I know there are many different types of meditation, and I've seen some described guided meditation as the "lazy person's meditation" vs. other types like true Zen or mindfulness meditation.

I've started with short (10-20 minute) guided meditations as a way to get my recurring anxiety more under control. I've had uneven results so far--there was a 10-minute one I did that seemed like it made me calmer for hours afterward, and then others than had less of an impact. From my reading, it seems that you really have to stick to a disciplined, regular practice of mindfulness meditation in order to really start to see that benefit. I'd love to go to some time of multi-day meditation "retreat" someday to really immerse myself and learn more about how to do it.

4. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I tried to meditate because I don't have a lot of patience but stopped because I was getting impatient with it.

:D