main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone Met Any Of The Star Wars Cast?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by StarWarsFan16, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFan16

StarWarsFan16 Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2015
    Has anyone here ever had the opportunity to meet any of the Star Wars cast?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Tem Morrison (Jango) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett - ESB and RoTJ). I've seen quite a few others in autograph halls but I paid for these two. Tem was very nice - he posed with me for a pic a friend took. And I bought a copy of Jeremy's book so he autographed it (as well as posing for a pic).

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The two real stars of Star Wars, at least in my book. ;)

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw Daniel Logan as well - he was sitting next to Tem when I got his autograph - but I didn't go for Daniel's. This was back in 2005 and he was still pretty much a kid at that point.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Yep, loads.

I have a friend who runs SW conventions and those sci-fi and comic weekends in the UK, and in the distant past, I worked security at them. So as staff, I got a jump on the queues, and sometimes they appreciated that you were there to look after them.

My favourite experience was Jeremy Bulloch - he told me he used to be a bodyguard and do security stuff in his early years, so we kind of had a shared cameraderie with me being event security.

6. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    nope, unfortunately

Would love to have met Christopher Lee

Hopefully I will be able to meet Ian McDiarmid in the future :D

7. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I stood in front of Anthony Daniels at a Star Wars exhibition 11 years ago. He was opening (I think) "Magic of the Myth". He did C-3PO impressions and I was so freaked that I did nothing. Nice exhibition, from memory.

OH! I also sat at the same row as Ian McDiarmid at the British Museum during a live reading of the Illiad last year. I recognised him (the performance was by the Almeida Theatre company, whiich he's been associated with for decades). All I recall is that he wore bright purple socks. I was very impressed.

The Sith Camp and Amon_Amarth like this.
  8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Apart from the usual faces seen at conventions, back in 2008 I got to see a lecture by Sir Christopher Lee. He was an extraordinary person.

Edit:
    Oh, Almeida Theatre! So awesome that you got to go to the reading. I watched the stream while at work, for both the Illiad and the Odyssey.

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I've met and gotten an autograph from Carrie Fisher and an autograph and a picture with Anthony Daniels.

10. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    It was an amazing performance ... I took a shortcut to uni through the museum, stopped by the free performance at 1 pm ... and left at 8 pm, having had absolutely no work done.

V lucky to catch the entire Almeida Greek season last year too - one of the best performances was by Kate Fleetwood (as Medea) who ended up to my surprise, living up to Ian's sithy reputation by having a small cameo as a First Order officer (of course) in TFA.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  11. Blue Destiny

Blue Destiny Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2016

Hi there ChloeLouise. :)

Yep. I was lucky enough to meet Hamill way back in 1988. Whoa! Was it really that long ago? Taking place just five years after RotJ's release, my encounter proved to be quite a thrill.

At the time, I was just a starstruck teen, so coming face to face with an idol felt like meeting royalty. Of course, being a full-fledged Star Wars fanatic only added to the intensity.

Anyway, we met at a Broadway theater. Hamill was performing in a play called 'The Nerd' and my class went to see the show as a school trip. He agreed to meet with my entire class after the performance and field questions about acting.

Hamill sat on a chair near the stage, while my classmates and I filled the theater's front row. Then, the onslaught of inquiries started. I really felt for the guy because every question dealt with Star Wars. Not one student asked anything about his craft. I was too shy to participate, but I got to shake his hand.

Honestly, looking back, it was a bit awkward. He wanted to branch out and be known for other projects during that period, but everyone badgered him with questions about possible sequels. 'Has Lucas contacted you about another movie?' Oh well, that's what comes with outrageous fame. To his credit, Hamill answered every inquiry with patience and politeness.

Reflecting on the experience, I realize it wasn't such a big deal. All I did was shake the guy's hand, but back then it seemed like some monumental event. I assume he was completely disappointed by the Star Wars bombardment, and I sympathize. However, despite the uncomfortable fan barrage, meeting Hamill qualifies as one of my fondest memories. A true highlight.

The Broadway play 'The Nerd' ran from '87-'88.

Cartooncheryl likes this.
  12. TheFaithfulJedi

TheFaithfulJedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2016
    I met Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho) at a small convention is Australia

The Sith Camp likes this.
  13. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Any chance of seeing them perform Haka's? :)

14. StarWarsFan16

Dec 25, 2015
    Wow! What was it like to meet Carrie Fisher?

15. StarWarsFan16

Dec 25, 2015
    Wow! I think if I ever had the opportunity to meet Mark Hamill I'd be star struck. However, I wouldn't just talk about Star Wars. I'd also tell him how much I enjoyed Corvette Summer and The Big Red One.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've seen Mark Hamill - he did a talk at the first CE in London. Didn't line up for his autograph though. As I recall it was a pretty good talk - had great seats for it as well.

17. StarWarsFan16

Dec 25, 2015
    Mark Hamill went to London? Wow! I really hope he comes back again, I would absolutely love to meet him.

18. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I got to take pictures and get autographs from Peter Mayhew and Billy Dee Williams. Dropped my autographed picture of Billy Dee on the floor and he said, "Hey, you dropped your picture!" He was a nice dude. Poor Peter Mayhew was in a wheelchair when I met him. He seemed like he didn't feel well.

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    She was funny and very nice, unfortunately there was a long line of people waiting to get stuff signed so I didn't have much time to talk to her but it was well worth it.

20. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Met Mark for a picture, thanked him for being the Joker to which he replied "I love him!" in the Joker's voice. I lost complete control & hugged him so our pic is kinda silly. He laughed & went along with it. Also, he shook my bro-in-law's hand (after dropping to a knee, b-i-l's in a wheelchair) and kissed my sis' cheek.

Dude is my top standard for celebrity meetings.

Tom Kane & James Arnold Taylor are super guys too.

21. StarWarsFan16

Dec 25, 2015
    Sounds like Mark is a really nice guy. :)

22. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016
    Plenty of times!

In my dreams.

23. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Unlike those of you in, say, the US, Europe, Australia, and maybe even China, how often is Malaysia or Singapore chosen as the destination for world premieres of blockbuster movies? Very unlikely, I must say (although the one for "Dragon Blade" was held in Kuala Lumpur last year - Jackie Chan, John Cusack, and Adrien Brody were in town for this event!)... :(

Which is why I have, unfortunately, NEVER got the chance to meet any of the Star Wars cast thus far - although who knows, if any one of them were to spend their holidays in Malaysia / Singapore...? :cool:

24. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I've met Tara Strong, who did some voices in TOR, if that counts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.