main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone need a deep voiced guy??? TRAILER TIME!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by tekmaster, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    I caused some confusion above. I emailed you, tekmaster. Just so no one gets confused again.

And if anyone else wants to help me, I have a poem I need read. It's for an English project I'm doing and it's going with a lightsaber duel :D . We shot last night. It went okay. More news on Monday.

Anywho, here's the link: The Man he Killed

I emailed tek on like Tuesday or something but if you can get stuff done fast, I need it buy tommorrow afternoon by the latest. Maybe evening if my brother doesn't want to do an editing marathon and kicks me off his computer. Thanks anyone :D !

2. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    By the way, anyone know some good materials to reduce wind blowing on a mic (windscreen). When I say "P" "T" "F" or "S" sounds, it makes a real big porblem.

Fig will tell you to put a sock on it. [face_laugh]

and not to be offending but. all that im under 17 and watch R rated movies,
    big deal. in my country (denmark) we watch R rated movies when we are 10

I wasn't saying it to impress people; I was saying it in response to effstops.

Anyway, who wants to record a voice for my future website? I'll PM you the line. :)

3. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Somewhat off topic, but for a good reason

Does anyone know where one can get one's hand on those wooshes and swooshes that are overused to death in trailers for action flicks and thrillers, like the Runaway Jury trailer? I figure a couple of those could also go a long way toward getting the 'Hollywood' effect for some of these samples.

4. Blackmes

Blackmes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2003
    Well well well.

5. tekmaster

tekmaster Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2003
    Well, now call me crazy, but wouldn't google help, and type "whoosh sounds". ;) Sorry sometimes I can be a sarcastic idiot.

6. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    still waiting...

i'm with you agfstyrer...

i'm impatient too...

i'm not really complaining, though. i don't need the line for a little while, so its ok...

7. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I have no idea what's keeping my friend. I'm sure there's a legitamate reason though. I'll ask him how things are going tomorrow over the web at work, and if he's got anything..well.

I think he may have run into a recording problem though. He's one of many people I know who can do great impressions, but as far as I know he's using a mic that came with his old gateway in '98, and there's a wind sock over it to reduce noise, and he records himself in a closet so there's no noise from the CPU. He's sent me Kermit the frog MP3's of himself before and the quality wasn't too up there, so if there's anything wrong with audio, I'll see if my roomate will tweak it and send it. I think that's the problem though. Then again, maybe it's a problem with the e-mail address I gave him for you...anyway, I should have PMed this :D

I have an acquaintance, Will Matthew (another guy with Matt in his name...I know WAY too many. He's the guy that wrote the line in my sig.) who's readying to make a fan-film, and is looking to make a trailer with an imitation of that voice in it. Surprising how widely used this voice is.

Anyhoo...I'll be sure to communicate it.

-Matt

8. Blackmes

Blackmes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2003
    drippyzeo

JKII has some whoos sounds. PM me i can send me to ya.

9. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    thanks matt (and matt). i'm just bein impatient as said earlier and trying to not let this thread drop too low, but i guess its staying up there without my help... anyway, whenever matt gets a chance.

10. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    Hmm, maybe I can use you for a trailer for my upcoming animation, tekmaster.

11. tekmaster

May 21, 2003
    That sounds good. If you need me to do a voiceover for something, tell me at least a day in advance. I can do other voices too. Just ask and i'll try any voice. BTW, PM me or IM instead of emailing me. I don't check my email like a normal human being.

12. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    I think I'll need your normal voice. My animation is basically comedy but I think I might want a serious sounding voice for a trailer.

13. tekmaster

May 21, 2003
    S'alright. BTW, if anyone needs me for a voice actor in one of their animated movies, gimme a holla.

14. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    [image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/dls/bmp.gif](pic by durbnpoisn)

just 'cause as said above, i don't want this thread to drop too low...

15. The-Matt-Man

Feb 19, 2002
    Matt said he was having compression and noise issues. He recorded five versions of what he thinks Yoda would have sounded like a few hundred years back, but he needs to run some audio filters to get out some background noise, and then he needs to find a good compressor, but he has a clip.

I think the 500y/o Yoda sounds so/so, but I'm used to him being kind of old and grumbly. Matt's young Yoda sounds a little more like Sam the Eagle with asthma. Maybe it's me though.

-Matt

16. GizmoJedi

GizmoJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    I bet almost everyone's tried to emulate those voiceover guys. I tried last night to narrate my experience in a public restroom but everybody left when I said "In a world filled with strangers..." :)

Anyways, here's my two cents thrown into the squared circle. I couldn't remember the exact lines so I just... filled in the blanks. <wink wink>

In A World...

Have fun!
    GizmoJedi

17. The-Matt-Man

Feb 19, 2002
    PADME'S A NUDIST! YEAH!...erm...oh! A nudist, well how nice for her.

-Matt

18. tekmaster

May 21, 2003
    Quite beautiful Giz. It brought a tear to my eye.

19. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    hey half breed where did you get the music for that remix of the yoda voice you did? I'm just curious ...I can't recognize it.Plus it sounds nice.
    ~Rory

20. The-Matt-Man

Feb 19, 2002
    My friend Matt will not be able to complete the assignment, as his audio hardware sucks.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry , sorry, I really really am.

-Matt

21. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    thats ok. if he decides to that'd be cool. whatever. thanks anyway.

22. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Ok, has anyone seen the new AOL broadband commercial? It's the epitome of steriotypical movie trailer narration. If anyone has it, link it please. I'm going to try to find it.

23. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Fig will tell you to put a sock on it.

Shut up, AWB. It works.

But now I just use my XL1's mic. So nyah! :)

24. AWBl989

AWBl989 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    I thought you had an XL1S.

25. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    :::Cocks gun:::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.