main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Anyone NOT playing Mass Effect 3?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Mar 8, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Pfft, I had ridiculously high standards before it was cool. Pleb.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    [image=http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/2/19/ifindyourlack128479268761011590.jpg]
    Especially in Valve, who are known to make amazing sequels (see Portal 2)

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    If the two endings I just saw are legit, I prefer the supposedly 'bad' one. At least it doesn't take the easy way out like the 'good' one did. :rolleyes: So glad I'm not a gamer. And from what I saw this is a war game and a shooter, neither of which am I keen on. However, for those that like such I hope ME3, fulfills. :)

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I hope those games were bought at a massive discount, otherwise I'll point and laugh at you for spending $50 on something you never touch.

5. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Laugh away

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

6 hours?! My goodness. :p

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I'm already 20+ hours in.

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I was close to hitting 20 hours, but my fiancee just yelled at me. Something about family time or some similar nonsense.

Hello, I'm trying to save the galaxy while reuniting with some awesome old friends here. :rolleyes:

9. AmiraMalicious

AmiraMalicious Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2011
    I am only willing to play it if Bioware stops with this DLC to be released on the game's release date which contains a vital character to the story not actually being incorporated into the game but instead costing an additional fee or with the purchase of the Collector's Edition because I love the Mass Effect series.

10. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I am still amused by how much Tunick dislikes or actively hates the passions of others mostly due to the saturation of discussion, but he has no issue reminding everyone constantly of his love for all things Lakers/Dodgers, whether here or on Facebook. :p

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

In fairness, I wasn't actively playing that whole time. I got a couple phone calls that lasted 20-40 minutes each, plus I ate and was chatting online as well between the killing and chatting to fake people.

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Who you callin' fake? [face_plain]

13. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    But I seem to be stuck about 20 years behind the curve at best, and don't enjoy most modern games.

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Good. :p

The thing is I only dislike (hate is the wrong word to use) video game discussion saturation. I play Tetris & BrickBreaker on my phone every so often, and would like to buy an old Game Boy advance or even a Nintendo DS sometime in the future so I can various Super Mario Bros. games. And, there are many passions that JC'ers have that I respect quite a lot: KW's proclivity for photography, Varouj/Jazib/Femi/Ossy's love of rap & hip hop, Darth McClain/DarthIntegral's love of U.S. soccer, solojones aspirations about film and or TV work, s65horsey's love of all things equestrian, all those who posted regularly in the Arena NFL thread, just to name a few.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

15. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I wish i could play but my 11 yr old laptop can't handle anything much less a game.:(

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This calls for coining a new term. Spider-FOWNED? Spider-Foe'ned? Spider-phoned?

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Same here I swear my laptop started to melt a little trying to play it. /shrug I guess I'll have to just watch the ending on Youtube that everyone on my Facebook stream is pissed about.

18. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I want to play it, but I'd want to start at the beginning and I can't currently spend the money on all 3 games.

19. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I'm not playing it. There may be a lot of reasons for that, but it's mostly because my most advanced videogame console is an Xbox. :p My brother has a 360 and loves FPS, so I could twist his arm about it, but he just got MW3 which has finally topped his devotion to Halo 3.

I've also never gotten too excited about FPS. There are two exceptions, though: the SW Battlefronts and N64 Goldeneye. The former, because it's Star Wars and I love Mos Eisley Assault in particular, and the latter because it's ****ing N64 Goldeneye.

edit: and Mos Eisley Assault isn't even FPS. Whatever.

edit 2: unless you go EZ mode with Han Solo.

20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002

21. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    *sniff, sniff*

Certainly smells like an FPS.

22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    It is in part and I've only seen approx 40 mins of the game. (I also don't like either ending, but I personally find the 'bad' ending much more realistic. I can understand why some fans are pissed.)

23. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Apparently people don't know what "FP" in "FPS" stands for.

24. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Got it yesterday when it came out, completed it today, then made a prog metal version of a Doctor Who theme because Clint Mansell's score was lacking.

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Why do say that, Darth Guy? Perceptions vary, that doesn't mean that everyone that doesn't hold to your view of what FPS' are, doesn't know what it means.

I should check out the soundtrack. I'd probably like the music better than the game.