main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone notice different sound effects for the DVD of New Hope?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JediMasterKendo, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    1. When Han dives into the hole into the garbage area, after his original yell he does a low sounding Whooo

2. Ive noticed some different sound effects in the garbage room like the water making different sounds like slime falling on someone in a cartoon or whatever and the gears that grind which sound different

2. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    yeah! and they changed ben's krayt dragon howl. when i heard that new noise i wanted to puke.

3. MasterBetty

MasterBetty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2004
    maybe its just the quality of the dvd allows us to hear wut its supposed to sound like...

4. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Whooooooooopp Whooooooooooopp I wonder how the heck he does these weird sounds.

Maybe in the next release, he should just ignite his saber. Surely the sandpeople would remember a certain massacre that happened years ago.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>maybe its just the quality of the dvd allows us to hear wut its supposed to sound like...<<

That is the situation in some cases- but it is a new audio mix for the DVD, and some sound effects were added or replaced by totally different sounds (like the aforementioned Krayt Dragon howl).

6. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Yeah, I noticed they did a LOT of that for the ANH DVD. For instance, watch the Obi-Wan and Vader duel chapter. Along with making Obi-Wan's and Vader's saber blades the deeper prequel-era colors they should be, they also changed/punched up the sounds of Obi-Wan's and Vader's lightsabers in that scene; also, they finally fixed all of James Earl Jones' lines as Vader in ANH on the DVD-no more strange sounding reverb-Vader sounds like he does in Empire and Jedi in A New Hope now.

7. DarthShaun

DarthShaun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2004
    They did not change the lightsaber sounds in ANH. They are the same. The Prequel lightsaber sounds have a bass hum sound to them which is pretty impressive. I thought that Lucasfilm would enhance the sound for the DVD but sadly they didn't.

8. KMG-365

KMG-365 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    They changed the sound R2 makes when he falls over after being shot by the Jawas.

Ben's new Krayt dragon call is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.