main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Anyone play softball?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by CINCYFAN, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CINCYFAN

CINCYFAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    I'm trying to get a softball team organized either for start in early July or in the fall. I've got about half a roster together and was hoping to fill it out with friends, fellow club members and their friends. Not looking for superstars here, just people who can play and want to have fun. If we do well, that's even better, but I've been on losing teams before and still had a great time. Anyway, if intersted, let me know and I'll get the details out here. It'll be at Rumpke park most likely and they have leagues bases on talent, so you'll play against similarly skilled teams.

2. Wes-Janson

Wes-Janson Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2002
    I play softball every saturday morning, but that is literally the only time I get to play. I would love to play with you, but with my new position at work, all of my free time is now going to be taken. sorry

3. CINCYFAN

Apr 10, 2005
    Hey, that's cool. I have a pretty busy schedule myself. I just haven't been on ANY organized sports team in several years and it's drivin' me nuts (kinda like the steering wheel in the pirate's pants:D...ANYWAY...). I've got a partial roster right now, so maybe by the fall I can get into some friendly competition.[face_praying]

4. Darth_Clayton

Darth_Clayton Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2005
    I would love to!! Problem is I live in S.E. IN (20 W of Lawrenceburg) and it would be some what of a drive for me (depending on where we play). I live about 35 min. from CVG and 45 from Florence. But I am missing it to, I used to play 3 times a week when I lived in FL, but when I moved back to IN the league I used to be in had been dissolved (BUMMER!!)

But depending on where we would play I might make the drive.

D_C

5. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Count me in here. It's a been a long time since I have played, but I would be more than happy to play again.

6. True_Killer

True_Killer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    I play softball..i'm good

7. CINCYFAN

Apr 10, 2005
    Alright! Good to hear, I think that gets me enough for at least the minimal 9 players I'll need. Now I just have to figure out who can play on what days. I was thinking weekends would be good, but there are also several weekday leagues available. If you all could let me know when you can play and if the fall league is alright with you that would help a lot. I'll get the fall league info and pass it along soon. The plan is to play at Rumpke fields, which is off of state route 27 out past Colerain.

8. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I can play weekends as I am off on the weekends.

9. CINCYFAN

Apr 10, 2005
    Here's the fall league info: 4 weeks of double headers, sometimes back to back, sometimes a game of rest in between. It all depends on how many teams we get. Tues, Wed , and Thurs are the nights, sorry, but no weekend dates in the fall. Game times are 6:30 7:35 8:40 and 9:35. Cost per person will be determined by how many team members we have and it starts in late August. Any questions, feel free to ask.

10. Darth_Clayton

Darth_Clayton Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2005
    I'm In!! Are we going to have uniforms? Also is the park name Rumpke Park? (just north of Miamitown)

Thanks in advance!

11. CINCYFAN

Apr 10, 2005
    Yep, I belive the name is Rumpke park and as soon as I get the final word from everyone on what day they want to play and if their still in for the fall league, I'll let you know about costs for play and things like that. No uni's unfortunatly unless I can get some sponsership through OSWCC or one of their friends. I haven't looked into it yet, but think it would be cool if I could work it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.