main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone playin' "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" for the PS2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Drew_Atreides, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ....i JUST picked up my copy.. Have to go to work tonite, but hope to be playing it early tomorrow morning...

Anyone else tried it out? How is it??

I've read it some reviews that compare it (favourably!) to "Devil May Cry"...

This, to me, is a good thing....

2. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    this guy is. maybe you should keep it in that thread. not sure though.

3. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ...naw, that's a thread for "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"...

This is a different game..

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    It's a game I would like to buy but with so many good ones coming out soon (I should say, hopefully good ones), I feel a little strapped for cash. And I definitely prefer the concept of this game to the literary version (unless I get to kill Tom Bombadilo... several times... slowly... with a hammer...)

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The Black label version of FOTR for PS2 isn't that good. The Two Towers looks a whole lot better. My roommate should have it soon...

6. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I bought it today and I am enjoying it VERY much.

7. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Not but I plan to soon.

8. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    Its a pretty good game. Rather short though. Only took a few hours to beat. But it is fun. Especially the Helm's Deep levels. Just a multitude of orcs. You'll have a blast killing them.

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Legolas is the ELF!!!! ;)

10. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Here's a question for anyone that's played both of the LOTR games that are out. Which is better? I'd also like to know what the differnce in gameplay,if any, there are.

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Anyone got any advice on how to beat the level where Boromir dies? That level has me SO pissed off!

12. Estranged

May 3, 2001
    Where exactly are you? Are you fighting the head uruk hai? Or are you still running around Amon Hen looking for frodo?

Well when you first start the level notice there is like a count of like 75 Orcs on the screen. Kill every orc you see as you make your way down the hill. And do it fast.

Once you fight the head Uruk Hai first you have to fire arrows at him. Use a quick combination of firing arrow then parry. Cause you have to block the arrow he sends at you. Then once he picks up his sword run your ass off cause he is fast for a big dude and you cant fight him to a stand still. Stay close to those statues. He will swing and hit a statue with his sword and stay there for a few moments. Thats when you attack. Just repeat that.

13. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Hell Yes!

14. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    I'm glad to hear all this postive stuff because I'm planning on buying it when it comes out for cube. We tried to rent it this weekend for my friends ps2, but to no luck. Couldnt' get a ride, Damn I need a drivers license.

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks I'll try that!

16. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    ..yeah, those Helm's Deep levels are awesome..

The game is a tad on the short side, though.. Only purchase this game if you're a fan of LOTR, and more particularly a fan of Peter Jackon's movies...

You know, it's funny.. I had almost NO problem beating the game with Aragorn.. I couldn't even be TOUCHED with that guy, but now that i'm trying to make it thru using Legolas and Gimli, i find a die much more frequently..

Must be Elendil...... ;)

17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    My roommate got it yesterday and stayed up all night and beat the game once with Legolas. Now we are halfway through the game again alternating between Gimli and Aragorn...

I'd play this one anyday over the PS2 Black Label Fellowship of the Ring game. If you wanna play that one, play it on X-Box...

18. Estranged

May 3, 2001
    I know Drew the same goes for me. Fighting a cave troll with Aragorn is so easy but with Legolas its so freaking hard.

19. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    That's odd, seeing as in the movie Legolas does most of the killing or the Cave troll.

I've been "out of the loop" for a while now - but these (mostly) positive words are encouraing. Hopefully the LOTR games released for PC will be as good. :)

20. Estranged

May 3, 2001
    Has anyone unlocked the secret level yet?? I have its just arrrggghhhh!!!!! I thought it'd be easy but it started to wear me down. I dont know maybe its cause I had'nt sleep in awhile and I was playing at four in the morning. But damn.

21. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Oh, I'm really looking forward to picking up this game! As a huge fan of the books and the movies, it will be really fun to finally kick some orc butt!

Hey, Estranged, did you get that sig from those Lord of the Rings journals? If anyone else is confused, you can find hem here.

22. Estranged

May 3, 2001
    Yeah I did get the sig from there :D

23. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Hey,Did anyone know if you win the game with all three characters Aragorn,Legolas, and Gimli you get to play as Aragorn's heir
    Isildur. Hope it helps!

Obi-wankenobiben!

24. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    what does this have to do with star wars anyways? lotr sucks! SORRY TO SAY..

25. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    Um, homeless? This would be the games forum. Where people discuss... wait for it... games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.