main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone playin' "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" for the PS2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Drew_Atreides, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    I got to the Helm's Deep Protect the wall misiion, and couldn't get any further. My fingers just aren't fast enough to pull off the combos (or street fighter moves). I got sick of having to replay the whole level just to die while working on the catapult.

2. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    That one is indeed a toughy. When you get to the catapault, forget the Uruk Hai and just kill the katapalt. Remember, use the explosive guys to your advantage. Shoot them whenever they get near a group of Uruk Hai if you can.

I love this game!!! Too bad Helm's Deep didn't follow the movie as well. I would have loved to do that last charge of Rohan, and also to do the part when Gimli and Aragorn jump into that entire Phalanx and take em out. But, other than that, no complaints. I love all those little extras!

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I've completed it with both Aragorn and Legolas, not including the secret level.

I ws doing the secret level today with Aragorn, got to Level 19, had only like one more hit to go on the last troll, then died. Sucks eh?

Is it just me or is Gimli really crap? I've trained him up to level 10 and I still can't get past the 2nd last level (the one when you have to protect the small door) I keep on getting to the catapult and destrying half of it but then the orcs break in :(

4. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    I recently picked it up for Xbox and am haveing a great time with the game. I beat it the first day I got it, but the replay value is tremendous. I have gotten exelent on almost every level with Aragorn. Now on to achieving Perfect!

5. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    With Aragorn, I got every level good, except for Weathertop and Hornburg Courtyard, which I got perfect.

I got good for every Legolas level.

Not finished with crappy Gimli yet.

6. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Yep, Gimli's crap. I would have preferred Borimir for the Fellowship part of the game. Then perhaps just Aragorn and Legolas. But Gimli's just a tiny, fat guy with a bullseye on his forehead.

7. RedSaberWarrior

RedSaberWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    I like Gimli. DWARFS RULE!

8. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I bought this for GameCube today...wasn't sure if I should make another thread for it or not.

This game rocks! I do agree it's pretty short...but it has heavy replayability, so being short is ok!

I'm on the Helm's Deep level where you protect the gate. Fun fun.

I think the controls are a ton easier for GC than PS2. All the buttons you need are in one place, so combos are eeeeasy.

When did this come out for PS2? I wouldn't have liked to get it for PS2 before the movie came out, because it ruined a lot of it.

9. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I got TTT for Xbox. Its great. I've got Legolas up to Level 5 and Aragon at Level 4. Gimli is still a 2... heh heh heh.

10. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    I wish the secret character was Gandalf, not Isildur.

11. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`m at The Gap of Rohan

12. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    The second Helm's Deep level is craziness on a stick! I can't beat it!

13. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Ha...beat it. It's a ton easier with Aragorn than it is with Legolas. The next level is something else too. Geez.

14. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    I actually thought the whole gam was fairly easy (I played with Legolas first) but Aragorn is by far the best.

15. The_Ultimate_Fett

The_Ultimate_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2002
    I beat Amon Hen with Gimli.

Gates of Moria-Perfect

Balin's Tomb-Excellent

Amon Hen- Perfect

Fangorn Forest- Excellent

Plains of Rohan- Perfect

Westfold- Excellent

Gap of Rohan- good

Helm's Deep: Deeping Wall-Excellent

Helm's deep 2- Unfinished

16. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    I'm a pro now, I can get to Level Ten with Aragorn before the Helm's Deep levels.

Ive spent so much time on this, even though it's so short. Once in a while (My friend and I have a joke about it) I'll just pop it in and beat it. We'll be like, ya, I beat LotR last night, Oh yea? Sweet, ya, I decided to beat it again this morning too.

17. Darth_Fisto

Darth_Fisto Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    I really like this game. It reminds me of games such as Final Fight and Streets of Rage. Great fun.

Although I find it quite difficult cause I don't play games that much. Still haven't completed it. I'm on the last level with Aragorn, and half way through with Legolas. Only done one level with Gimli ;)

18. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    It's a pretty good game but to me it seemed like a rental kind of game, not one I'd like to spend my money on. ;)

19. JustSaber

JustSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    I love this game! I bought it at Sam's Club for $30 (Gamecube version; they also have PS2 and Xbox versions for $25) and have been playing it forever. It is right up next to Rogue Leader in my opinion. I have played the entire game 3-4 times now. As long as you like LotR, I would buy it. It is short, though.

20. Scrounger

Scrounger Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2003
    One of my friends from College bought this game a fortnight ago and apparently he completed the game in one day. He spent all night and morning to finish the game, even when he had College lectures the next day. He brought it to College and he couldn't stop talking about how good it is and that I should try it. He took it back to our local games store on our lunch break and he told the person behind the counter he didn't like it.

He exchanged it for the new Mortal Kombat game. :)

21. jedi_knight22

jedi_knight22 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I got it for Christmas and beat it in that week. I got all the way to the second to last level but that took me a week to beat. I enjoy the game a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.