main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone plays Runescape?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Grand_Duchess_Olga, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm just curious if anyone plays on runescape.net. Does that requires Javascript?

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I made a thread about this awhile ago, but, apparently no one else here plays it.

Think playing it from the browser requires JS, but not sure if you download the client.

I had been playing one character off and on for a year, then I stopped. However, I found out a few of my other friends played, so I got one of them to give me his PKing character, which had 36 Ranged. Now I'm working on all of his other skills and such.

I play on World 3, either on Aragorn328 or Semper Monk.

I have privacy enabled though, so I'll have to put your name on my list before you can message me.

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Oh God no! :_|

A few of my friends and my brother play it, and I hate it! We pay tons of money for games like Diablo II and the like that are exactly the same, but with infinitely better graphics, lag, and gameplay, they choose this free thing. My friend ever pays for it!

It makes no sense to me, and has become an arch rival.

4. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I hate people that pay for it. They are dumb.

However, it is *free* and I can play it in school through an easily-closable Internet Explorer window.

That's the main reason I play it. I paid for Neverwinter Nights. Runescape will never be competition for my real games, but if gives me something to do when I'm bored.

5. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Jun 28, 2002
    Aragon327, how long a go did you make the thread? The answer I am looking for might be there.

but anyway, I work in a library. There is this guy who comes in and will sit from 9am till we close (4 days of the week it is until 9pm, other 2 days it's till 6. Sunday we are open 2-6) playing this game. Thing is he does not get up. Really. Everyone gets 30 minutes on the computer; we have a program that logs you out after 30 minutes. But the way I understand it is that if you down load Java script, it bypasses the system that that logs people off.

My beef is that he honestly stays all day on the computer, playing. When we are busy he does not get up for people. When any of the librarians go to him to get him off, he says we are harrassing him. We explain the system, that he only has 30 minutes, but he claims that he has never been on the computer for 30 minutes. Whenever I kick him off he goes complaining to my manager, who does not ask me what happens and appologizes to him!

OK, so my point is, do you know how I can either uninstall Java script, or get him off somehow? That does not involve talking to him, since he is a pain.

Thanks.

6. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm assuming you're using Internet Explorer?

Trying going to tools, then Internet Options. Then go to the Security tab, and you should be able to block the site from there.

I think that'll work. He might be able to get around that, but it could make him go somewhere else.

Perhaps talking to your manager could also help?

7. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Jun 28, 2002
    It's sad, that woman is so non-confrontational. Some of my co-workers will tell him he has been on too long, and he gets an attitude with them. Lot of times he says I'm lying, that I should put my hand on the bible [face_laugh]
    I try to go to start, then programs, but I didn't see it. The IT people proably can, but half the time they do a poor job.

8. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    My friend Austin tried to introduce me to that game way back when. I just don't think it's my kind of game.

9. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    You can get to the Internet Options either by going to My Computer>Control Pannel>Internet Options

Or, upon the top of internet explorer, near the File menu, click the Tool menu, then Internet Options.

10. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Jun 28, 2002
    ok, i will try it. but if you are game, and you are already playing the game, can you hassle tex1? That is what he told another person his name was. could be tx1, or texone, for all I know. Yes, I am petty :D, but honestly at this point I'm at my last straw. Today, he got here at 9 am, and right now it is 5:41, and he has not gotten up at all. But it's not your problem and unless you don't mind, there is no reason to get yourself in trouble, so take what I asked with a grain of salt.

Oh, can you tell me, do you get money from this game? He told someone that you can earn points and get money with this game.

Thanks

11. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    You can earn money in the game, which you use to buy items to kill stuff. The points are skill points, so they determine your strength and stuff.

Also, will try several name attemps to annoy this person. Yay!

12. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Jun 28, 2002
    Your my hero!

13. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Jun 28, 2002
    well, semi-good news. We had a meeting today with the manager. She had this meeting for other reasons, but I brought up the guy again, and told her about -and pointed out- the co-workers who had trouble with the guy. She told me before about making the sit-down terminals as just word processing terminals, so the guy won't have anywhere to sit, he would have to stand, so it seems we are going somewhere with this.

14. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    heh, that's good.

At my local library, they have a system where you sign in for a computer. You have to sign your name, and get a pass, then, after an hour, you have to sign up again, so if there's a line, you wait, if not, you can go back to surfing.

15. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Jun 28, 2002
    Our problem is we have to have an extra person to sign in people, since the librarian has to bother with other problems. Lot of people just got on a computer, and if we are not paying attention, we might not notice it is a different computer (we have about 25 in my dept.) And we put up signs "sign in with the librarian" but no one does. and if we go up to them, they say, "oh I just need a minute" or "I didn;t know we need to sign in" and they won't get off because "they just need a minute" even though someone is waiting to use a computer.

Oh, I tried to go to the start button, and go to programs, but did not find the "runescape" game. even if I took it off, he proably will just install it again.

16. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Jun 28, 2002
    well, update on the guy who I have troubles with:

This is so sad.

The internet went down around 3:30. That guy who is here from 9am-9pm won't get off the computer. We were putting signs on the computers, and he won't get up and when we tell him the internet is down, he looks at us with contempt, and says "It might come up." He tries every few minutes to get on the internet, to Runescape.net (the only thing he does is play that game). How pathetic are you when you won't find something else to do when the internet is down? Well, the internet came up about 15 minutes ago.

17. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    That is the saddest thing I have ever heard...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.