main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone read all the novel in chronological order?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bishop2knight, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bishop2knight

bishop2knight Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I recently caught up with the NJO books by reading them all in order. Now, I'm considering going back to the beginning and reading all the novels in chronological order (maybe throwing in some of the comic stories as well).

As anyone done this? The only problems I see in this idea is that I'll get bored with the stories, or I'll get half way through there'll be new books published that come before the book I'm currently reading.

Anyway, just curious on what others have done....thanks.

2. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    I am reading the novels in Chrono order... though I started with the X-wing novels... then I started to read them in Chrono order. I am currently on Crystal Star. I know I have a Long way before I catch up, but i'll do it eventually.

3. Shave_the_Ewoks

Shave_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    I'm trying to go through the WHOLE thing. I'm at "The Hutt Gambit" right now after about a year of it. I've skipped the little kid books and the Tales of the Jedi comics (I couldn't find the first one by the time I decided to start so I jettisoned them all) and a few other non-important ones I didnt' get by the time I got to them.

4. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Good luck. I tried to do this, but with all of the new stuff coming out I couldn't pull it off. Now I go back and pick up where I left off when there's break in the NJO/movie/bridge novel cycle.

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Nop, dont plan to either.

6. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I won't read them all in chronological order, but I may read a small section of books in order.

7. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    The closets i can come to doing that is reading the series in chrono order, and i can't even do that well.

Miin Bodenna
    Co-CEO of Massassi
    Defense Department

8. Darth_Melkor

Darth_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I've already read all the novels out of order.But if you're new I would suggest reading them in order starting with Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

9. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I would agree with Darth_Melkor. I did not have the opportuntiy to read them in order, since I started whenZahn fist came out and went from there. But those who want to read on chrono order, I would start with the Han Solo trilogy by A.C. Crispin.

10. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    It's even harder to read the children's books in chronological order, considering some of them are hard to locate. For example, I've read the JJK starting from book 6, then to book 3 and then book 4. I have yet to read #1,2 and 5.

11. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I attempted reading them in chronological order about 5 years ago but I had no idea what that order was. I happened to pick up Truce at Bakura so that was a good starting point and I was for the most part successful from that point on, then I had to go back and read the ones that took place pre RotJ. Now I just read them as they come out. Besides a few young adult books the only novel i haven't read is Tales From Mos Eisley Cantina. I got so confused in the order that I set out to make a web site about the order of the Star Wars books and I just finished making a pdf checklist of all the books and where they take place in the timeline. I think some of the young adult books are just as much a part of the story, especially the newer ones. I deffinatley recommend going in order, I think it helps. But if your not interested in reading them all then at least read the NJO series, since that is the most up to date series right now. As far as getting bored reading them, I would recommend taking a break once and a while and read other stuff, that is what I did for about 3 years straight, though my concentration was mostly on Star Wars. I think reading the books gets you even more involved in the story. I love the EU!

~Natalie
    http://www.jediquest.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.