main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone Read the Force Unleashed Graphic Novel?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GreenLantern_Jedi, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenLantern_Jedi

GreenLantern_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2007
    According to Amazon.com it was released in February.

Worth reading?

2. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    :confused: I never saw it. Amazon's been mistaken before. When I see it, I'm buying it, that's for sure.

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think it was pushed back.

4. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Amazon's wrong. Was pushed back to August to coincide with release of Book/Game.

5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Which sucks, since I've got the Secret Apprentice figures sitting on my dining room table right now and a Maris Brood fig in my closet.

Figures for a multimedia event coming out months before the actual media portion.... the Force is truly unbalanced.

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Actually DHC has it set for release in early June. Course I expect that date to change to August soon.

7. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Blame LFL for not getting the game done on schedule.

8. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    The sad thing is, with a release of late August, TFU will be completely overshadowed by the theatrical release of The Clone Wars. Fans will still be all over it, I am sure, but the masses and casual fans probably won't give it the attention it could have gotten because of the larger media buzz around a theatrical film and a new ongoing TV program hitting at the same time.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I feel its more likely to have the opposite effect, personally. People will be so wrapped up in the Star Wars craze again that when the kids see "Star Wars" on a new video game they'll instantly want it. The cynic in me feels the Clone Wars film is the reason they're holding the game back in the first place.

10. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    After what happened with KOTOR2? I'd rather see a delay than LFL forcing a game out before it's finished.
    (Besides, I heard a reliable rumor that the game was delayed to put the finishing touches on the "ultimate rendition of the Battle of Hoth" [face_whistling] )

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You've never TRULY experienced the Battle of Hoth BEFORE NOW!

12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    The Battle of Hoth... Unleashed!? ]-}

13. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Agreed. Hasbro dropped the ball. I can pretty much put the entire story together Light side or Dark side gameplay-wise through the figures descriptions.

14. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    George was never able to show you the battle of Hoth the way he envisioned it so we decided to go back and [face_beatup]

So, Dawud, you get the action figures, huh? I think it's kinda cool that you have them long before the rest of the stuff is out. Seems exclusive... Reminds me of 1979 Boba Fett.

15. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    So it wont be out for at least another three months. :(

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Bah! A mere few months? This is nothing compared to Dark Horse's other titles! (cough**Dark Times**cough)

17. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    Thats not a valid comparison. Kotor2 stood by itself, TFU it seems has both a novel and a comic to back it up, if they cut out portions of story from the video game, it's presumably supplemented via the other two tie-ins.

18. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It's a valid comparison because KotOR II's quality - all over - suffered because it was forced out early.

It wasn't just "oh, some story's missing". The entire game needed another polish. Not least the woefully bad influence system.

19. JediMasterNicolas

JediMasterNicolas Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2005
    The novel version was intended to come out today. I didn't get a chance to go hunting for it, but I suppose it was pushed back as well?

20. RevanTheOne

RevanTheOne Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2006

I hate when games do that. I learned a long time ago, not to trust gaming magazines, or Amazon for that matter...

Sheesh. Oh well, here's hopinh TFU, will be better than Kotor 2. In a LOT of respects...

But how will the secret apprentice play in the OT? I mean.... why go after Luke at all then, if this new guy is wandering around?

[face_peace] Tis very inconsistant

21. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    TFU: A Star Wars Miniatures Game expansion: Nov. 20, 2007

TFU Novel release date: August 19th

TFU Graphic novel release date: June 4th

TFU Art of TFU release date: June 24th

TFU: Prima Official Game Guide: April 8th

TFU Game release date: June 29th

So of course this doesn't make much sense to me so I'm sure all the dates will change yet again.[face_not_talking]

22. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    Wait, is this for all versions, or is LucasArts going to release different versions on different dates?

--HW

23. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    Playstation 3 and 2, PSP and Xbox 360 are all listed as coming out on June 29th. Nintendo Wii has it coming out in a month.

24. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Yeah. The Evolutions sets are awesome right now. I'm hunting the Sith Legacy evolution. Bane, Nihilus, shirtless Maul(who cares???).

25. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Not to derail the thread, but since we're talking about the mini game, can someone point me to a good thread or website that discusses the mini game? I've seen the packs in the store but never got into it, and I'm wondering how it works as I haven't played a miniature game since my Battletech/Warhammer days, and these seem a LOT different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.