Anyone Ready To Own Some Wolverines? (And I'm Not Talking About X-Men!)

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    GO BUCKS!!! HERE ARE SOME GOOD ONES ABOUT MICHIGAN:

Q: Why doesn't Michigan sink into the Great Lakes?
    A: Because poodoo floats!

Q: How do you starve a Michigan football player?
    A: Hide his food stamps inside his math book!

Q: Why is ice no longer available at Michigan football games?
    A: The senior who knew the recipe graduated!

Q: How do you get a Michigan graduate off your front porch?
    A: Pay him for the pizza!

Q: What does the average University of Michigan football player get on his S.A.T.?
    A: Drool!

YEAH OSU!!! WE'RE GONNA OWN BLUE!
  2. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Darn, I thaught u were talking about the Marvel comics Wolvie.

:(
  3. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    What????

GO BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    YEAH OSU!!! WE WON!!! WE'RE FIESTA BOWL BOUND NOW!!! GO BUCKEYES, 13-0!!! MAURICE CLARRETT OWNS ALL!!!
  5. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    this team wouldn't be where it is without Krenzel. Give the props where they're due...

-b-
  6. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, and Maurice Clarrett getting like an average of 9 yards per carry didn't hurt either...
  7. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    I just hope the kid stays healthy. My roommate knows a guy that went to HS with him at Harding. Apparently, when it wasn't football season, he was almost always on crutches. crutches daily = fragile.

Is he special? yes.
    Is he talented? yes.
    Is he gutsy? yes.

Is he durable? that remains to be seen.

Krenzel has the big play every time you need it, and he rarely hurts you.

BTW, you want to talk about yards per carry average? Clarett wasn't even close to 9. He was 6.1/carry against That Team Up North (still admirable) and 6/carry on the season (ranked 22 in the nation). Definitely good numbers for a freshman but nothing to write home about if he doesn't stay healthy. Right now, i'll take Larry Johnson from Penn State. He had over 8 yds/carry... for the season. And before you say "aw, he probably only had 20-30 carries." he rushed for over 2000 yds this season with over 250 carries.

Long story short, Clarett ain't the end all be all right now. Although I'll give him time. Wait for Tressel to build around him. Then we should see something really special.

SIDENOTE: The second ranked rusher in YPC was Josh Cribbs. 7.7/carry. Rushed for over 1000 yds. He's a quarterback. Plays for Kent State. Y'know, Kent State.... where those kids got shot... (that joke is for Krash ;) )

-b-
  8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    It's pretty pointless to even say how good any skills player is... because they would be poodoo without a good line anyway... so for simplicity's sake, I'm just going to stop now... (not that I don't have any comebacks against what you're saying, I just really don't feel like wasting a half an hour at a time posting.)
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    It was a big win for the OSU program, I didn't get to watch the game (long story) but I heard all about it on the news later that evening. It's a shame that the victory has been tarnished by the riots.

Kent had a similar situation (you know Kent...where those kids got shot) at a local apartment complex a couple years ago. They found that many of the trouble-makers weren't even students (many of them were from Akron) It's tragic that people use sports celebrations (or just any kind of party) as an excuse to trash everything in sight.

If this is what happens when your teams win something...thank the Force I live in Cleveland, and won't have to worry about it ;)
  10. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Geoff, last time I checked, Cleveland had a little bottle and can incident when they didn't agree with the referees' calls... :D Hehe, chucking stuff on the field is cool. j/k.
  11. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    Most of the riots in Columbus were from out-of-town people and alumni. I don't care what the papers say.

It's also a given. If the Bucks win, there's gonna be riots. Happened every time while I went to college there. Some bigger than last weekend. I'm not surprised. The serious students know this and stay away from High St the entire day of a game.
  12. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'm well aware of the "beer-brawl"...not exactly the way I want this city to be remembered.

"If the Bucks win, there's gonna be riots" The problem is this seems to be the growing sentiment around the country (in any sport)..."your team wins, get drunk and burn stuff." How stupid is that?

I'm all for a good celebration...you ever watch the old newsfilm of the WWII soldiers getting welcomed home...that was some party! And nobody burned anything...nobody destroyed some else's stuff.
  13. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't in any way condone what happened. But the police knew it was going to happen and acted accordingly. It could have been much worse. No one died or seriously got hurt. Property can be replaced/repaired.
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I guess I was looking at it from a more general point of view...why do people today associate their favorite sports teams' success, and public acts of violence?

I see no sense in the matter, and therefore can't understand the desire to do something like that.
  15. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    Violence after sports games has been going on for-ev-er.

I bet no one remembers the Bedford-Euclid basketball incident? If not, GOOD! If you do, well then you know what I'm talking about. Needless to say it was tragic and wasteful.

I'm sure it all goes back to gladiator days in ancient Rome. Violence on the field brings violence off the field.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.