main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Anyone remember being forced to watch the OC in 2005?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ditolus, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    u guys remember when lucasfilm told us the ep. 3 theatrical trailer would be premiered during the OC in back in 2005. and of course they put it at the very end of the show. god that was annoying. i have a feeling they did that cuz george lucas' daughter's favorite show was the OC.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It was done because FOX was showing a show that was popular at the time and just as they did with "The X-Files" three years earlier, the network wanted to draw in an audience with the teaser. Lucas didn't choose the show.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My sister was into that show and I never had anything against it but, nah, not "forced" to watch it and don't remember a trailer at all.

I have no memory whatsoever of the ROTS trailers but I remember the AOTC trailer during one of the Harry Potter films and Monsters Inc. Go figure.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  4. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    Fun Fact - Hayden Christensen and Rachael Bilson from the O.C. starred in Jumper together, are a couple, and are expecting a child... so there you go :)

5. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I remember it well! One of my friend's roommates (male) was a big fan, so it meant I wouldn't have to watch alone, plus they had a bigger tv than me to watch the trailer on.

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Maybe if I knew what OC stood for....

7. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Maybe they could attend acting classes togther and get a family discount

TX-20 likes this.
  8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Ok this is seriously bothering the hel out of me. What is "OC"? I suck at acronyms

9. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Orange County - a terrible show

10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

I think that qualifies as an "interesting fact" rather than a fun one. It was an interesting, but did not necessarily bring me enjoyment. :p

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I believe the episode was about the main characters spending the night in a department store for some reason. And if it wasn't, then somehow I've seen more than one episode of the OC.

12. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I know I did this, because I made a point of seeing the trailer, but I don't remember actually watching the show. I must have had it on in the background and only watched the commercials. It must have been easy to ignore.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I just turned that channel on for the trailer. Or maybe the last couple minutes of the show. Don't remember that at all.

14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    nope, i saw it on Access Hollywood.

15. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013

Point taken... :p right back at ya.... but seriously, I actually watched The O.C. and I can't defend it... I just can't......

Some "interesting facts" for Fanboy type trivia completists , George Lucas appeared on the show as himself..and genre appearing Olivia Wilde, Jeri Ryan, Kevin Sorbo all had roles on the show. Future "genre stars?" Chris Pratt and Benjamin Mckenzie as well...(have to wait and see how Guardians of the Galaxy and Gotham turn out)...

Really, it is all just trivia, and the main point of the original poster about waiting to see the trailer on a FOX show... reminds me about the anticipation I would have to see the trailers...I remember where I was when I saw The Phantom Menace trailer, now we got the Internet to see them the moment they drop. I can't wait to see any teaser, trailer, or footage from Star Wars Episode VII, just to get a sense of the look and feel of it. Side note... no 20th century Fox Logo before a Star Wars film this time ?

16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Not sure. If 20th Century Fox is a distributor maybe. Not sure how that arrangement works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Yeah, it was the final trailer that was shown. I just kept bouncing around until the commercials came on and then waited until the show started again. Course, if you had a VCR, DVR or TiVo, it wasn't an issue. But this was back before Youtube got going. Nowadays, you can just wait for someone to put it on there.