main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Anyone running the SW RPG?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nabooty_Call, Dec 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Either West End or new WOTC versions? I have not done any gaming recently, but would like to get in on one if it's schedulable. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    It's been suggested to start up a game with a few of our members using the new game system. I would imagine that it'll probably happen sometime soon. Anyone else interested in playing?

I've already agreed to GM if we actually do play, so you can bet the games wouldn't be boring, at the least. =)

3. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    Hey Nabooty! I didnt know you were DFW! I posted a reply to the question on the SWC RPG. Check my which SW charactor are you like in JCC.

I'd like to play the WEG also or the new one if I can dust off my jedi or Wookie and convert them.

4. Skippy_The_Klingon

Skippy_The_Klingon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually, I'm not that impressed with the D20 system being applied to SWRPG, I'd have prefered they kept something more like the old West End Games system. It seems like the potential challenges for a high level charcter are kind of limited. At least with D&D you could always throw bigger monsters at them, but what dyou do for a 20th level Jedi?

5. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    JarvisW--
    That was a cool thread. I'm 76% Luke, but I think Lando and Wedge were also in the 70%'s.

I think I prefer the West End version. Somewhat complicated, but seemed more organic and closer to the feel of the movies.

Sundays are probably the day I'm most available.

6. JarvisW

Nov 21, 2000
    What part of town are we going to meet in?
    I live in N.Dallas /S. Plano area off Coit.
    Is there a Comics store or someones place we could meet at?

7. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I also used be an avid player of the West End version. Can I get in on this too? I've been wanting to get back into role-playing games again.

JarvisW, it looks like you might live right next to me. I live just off Coit and Beltline. I'm available Saturdays; Sundays if I have some notice. If needed, we might be able to play at my place...its not really huge but it's got the decor for a good SW game. ;D

8. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    I'm at Northwest Hwy and ~Midway. Does fanforce have a regular D/FW meeting area or something?

9. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    DFF has been meeting at Grapevine Mills' Gameworks or Polar Ice... personally I'm interested in knowing if someone else has a better - quieter ;) - spot more accomodating for largish group meetings....

Good luck w/ RPG's (I used to play GURPS w/ my hubby and his friends, but now the only time I RPG is when my hubby runs a SW game for me here and there). Hopefully we can incorporate that into the dff page and promote it so you guys can "grow" with the DFF as one of the many things we all can do :)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

10. JarvisW

Nov 21, 2000
    Cool!
    Is everyone going to go to the Plano show?
    I am going for a little bit to get my Chewabacca CCG card signed. ( I have one more in mint condition. If someone wants it I can let it go for around half of book value) I will bring it with.
    If we can talk at Plano it might be easier to arrange.
    If not I have stuff to do this weekend so maybe we can set up for next weekend.

11. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Sorry, I missed it (was out deer hunting) and will be busy this Friday and Saturday (12th/13th).

Still interested, though!

12. JarvisW

Nov 21, 2000
    Are we going to try it this sunday 1/13?

13. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Let me know if a game gets started. I will be unavailable 1/20 and 1/21 due to karate events. Thanks!

14. JarvisW

Nov 21, 2000
    Are we going to try to (Stars just pulled ahead of the Pens!) get started this weekend and just include Nabooty later?
    Post here or ICQ me at 100249601.
    Later

15. JarvisW

Nov 21, 2000
    Hello? Nabooty or THX? PM or ICQ me.

16. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Sorry, been busy. PM'd Jarvis; I'll check with my friends who were interested and see if they still are.

Sorry, I'm a procrastinator . . . .

17. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm still in. Any Friday or Saturday will work for me. Sunday also if I have a week or two notice. :)

18. JarvisW

Nov 21, 2000
    Cool, if we go this weekend then we can figure out more than just posting every once in awhile.

I'm free for most nights and anytime on the weekends.

Later!

19. JarvisW

Nov 21, 2000
    We are going to play this sat 2/10 in the afternoon. If anyone else wants to join us let THX, Nabooty or myself know so we can be sure to include you.

Glad to meet everyone at the meeting today!

MTFBWY!

20. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Glad you made it to the meeting, too. Let us all know how the gaming goes, ok? :D

Have fun & MTFBWY ;)
    Cynthia

21. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    This Saturday works for me. We can still play here at my place if everyone wants to. I think we need to make characters when were together. I need to read over my books again to get back into the swing of the game. I'd say we should start around noon.

22. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Glad to meet everyone at the DFWFF mtg on Sat! Will look over my resources of SW gaming stuff this week. I'd like to play a PC if possible, but will GM if necessary. I have a lot of background set up for an OT game that could be translated to PT if necessary.

I prefer WEG version. Will also make up PC this week. Sorry, been out drkg tonight  Not as lucid as usual. PM's to be sent. MTFBWY!

23. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Hey, I might be up for the game, too. I've got tons of the old WEG books, and still have a few old characters, too. I still haven't picked up the new book, but I probably will eventually. It looks like there are a lot more templates for characters in it.

Anyway, I'll check on it, but I think I can make it next Saturday.

24. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, I'll go ahead and post this as a working date since everyone seems to be available:

February 10 (this Saturday)
    2:00 pm
    my place (coit and beltline - more specific later)

Looks like we'll be using the original WEG since thats what we've all been talking about. I'm going to have to make a character(s) when we get here. Looks like your going to be GM Kurgan. I've never GM a SW game before. I think this will be fun. :D

25. jedimiss

jedimiss Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey Hey! I'm in, someone please just let me know. I have always wanted to get into SW Rpg. I am too looking for a Play by e-mail Star Wars sim game. I belong to a Trek RPO. Please let me know ya'll. If you can, please e-mail me. Umm...I hope you guys dont mind a girl tagging along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.