main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Anyone see AOTC at the Senator in Baltimore(12:01 5/16)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by C_3PO, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    I was just wondering if anybody here saw Attack of the Clones on opening night at the Senator theatre in Baltimore Wednesday night. I'm looking for some pictures someone took of me in the drum circle waiting for tickets early saturday morning May 4th. i think the website was something like f2.senator.freeware/episode2 or something like that. Can anybody help? Thanks.

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    A few people here went to the Senator. Just give it some time and they'll post, the weekends are usually slow.

3. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I was there I was there! I had my C2 shirt on, we were sitting under the allfirst clock from 7pm until showing. That was such a fun time. The Senator is one of my favorite theaters and it's always worth the trip.

Toodle pip
    Sam

4. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    I was there and took some photos that are online, but not of the drum circle. I'm not familiar with any URL like the one you mentioned. I would think your best chance for those photos would be at The Senator's website.
    I was going to check their 'gallery'last night, but the site seems to be down again... Still is, too. [face_plain]

5. C_3PO

Aug 20, 2001
    Wow! I slept under that AllFirst sign to get tickets! Actually I didn't really sleep, but I was sitting there playing SW trivial pursuit and jammin with some other fans after a nice game of A-hole and about 8 shots of vodka! That night went by so fast. It was fun drumming with the owner of the theatre at 3:30am til the cops came and respectfully shut us up! he's a cool guy that owner. I checked the Senator's website but they don't have the pics I'm loking for. I think some fan took them and put them on his site. It was weird, when I first got there Wednesday night, some dude came up to me and said he saw a pic of me drummin on my jembe on the net and gave me a URL but i couldn't remember it. Somethin about freeware and f2 or episode II. I dunno, but thats a great theatre. the sound was Friggin awesome! when the senator's ship flew overhead in the first scene I was vibrating more than, well, lets just say it had good bass!

Anyone else care to share their experience from opening night or ticket night in Baltimore?

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    If anyone has any pictures from getting tickets or opening night, send them to me and I'll get them up on the site.

7. C_3PO

Aug 20, 2001
    All pics are in my memory banks. I can't believe I forgot my camera! There were some cool people there that I don't want to forget.

8. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    Hiya, Mogook! I can send you all of my Senator photos from the ticket & midnight show. Just let me know:
    1) What image format you prefer
    2) What size limitations you want to use ( I tend to limit images so that they should fit a browser on a system with 800x600 display resolution, which usually means images are not larger than 650x500 (The originals are 1600x1200)

C_3PO: The Senator is a great theater in which to see a film and for many years I've felt that they've been the underdog in the midst of the multiplex movie market. This led myself and others to take up the Senator 'banner' in various ways to help support them.
    However, some recent dealings have led us to question the management's public relations practices & priorities. So, while *it is* a great place to enjoy a movie, I don't think the owner is as cool as I once thought did. Nor do I see myself waving any banners for him in the forseeable future. [face_plain]
    ...To be honest, the only thing that kept me from going to Crown with the Fanforce group instead was the fact that Ca-Bal was already in The Senator ticket line because it was announced first.

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd prefer jpeg's. And, for the size, 650x400 sounds good. If that's too big, I can resize it. Also, if you already have the pics online, I can go download them myself or link to them instead of you having to send them to me. Whatever's best for you.

10. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    If you want to snag the ones I've got up that's cool by me.
    Those were my 'Ara-Gorn Selects'. ;)

There are more I just hadn't resized yet. I'll take care of them and send them over as soon as I get the chance... My youngest came down with something last night, so I can't guarantee it will be today. More likely sometime this weekend.
    I'll send along a text file with notes for the images that warrant them.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Sounds great. Thanks.

12. C_3PO

Aug 20, 2001
    Well he seemed cool for starting that drum circle and bringing a bunch of wacky drums, and he did have that cool glowing LucasFilm pen from Skywalker Ranch, but I was a little drunk that night and I guess anyone would have seemed cool. Especially that guy who kept giving us ice cold brews! That guy was cool as Solo!

13. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    I had so much fun that night I too was under the Allfirst sign I was the one with the Darth Maul Mask and the "vintage" Star Wars Sleeping bag.
    Click here to see my my Senator photos.

Tak

14. C_3PO

Aug 20, 2001
    WOW Tak! I can barely see myself in the drum circle pics! do you have any more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.