main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Anyone seeing Return of the King this week?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I'm going to see it Wednesday and possibly the 22nd or 23rd. Which theaters plans on showing it? Wynnsong or Hamilton Place? I suppose the Bijou is also an option. BTW, what do you guys think is the best place to see a movie? I've always been partial to Wynnsong, but maybe it's because most of the stuff I've went to see has ended up being there.

2. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    actually i'm going to ky to see mybest friend and i'm gonna see it with her.
    generally i prefer the wynnsong (though most of the time i end up in hixson). i saw tpm at the wynnsong. 5:30 am, wrapped around the building line. *sigh* fun times.

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah, those lines to see the "big" movies are fun to be in. Unless you run across a few morons who act like everyone around them are geeks for seeing a midnight showing (and why are YOU here, hmmmm?). I'll probably catch it at Wynnsong. It's much better than the crappy theater we have in Ft Oglethorpe. I saw TPM there (only place that had midnight tickets left). It was ok, although I would have rather beem in a place with better sound.

Have fun in Kentucky. I'm going to watch TTT tonight to get ready. Take care!

4. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    ahh, much different area from me. i live in hixson and went to school in cleveland. so i'm never down near ft oglethorpe, really.

wynnsong is pretty good. i see a lot of stuff there. and the line for tpm was so much fun. it was actually cold ( :eek:) and we were all freezing our bums off. great fun.

have fun tomorrow.

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Everything was sold out yesterday. That's what I get for not planning ahead. All 3 theaters at Wynnsong were sold out until Thursday morning. I didn't try the ones near Northgate, but I would assume they would be too. As a last ditch effort, I stopped by Southgate (in Ft.O) and even it was sold out. I guess I'll try again today!

6. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    awww that sucks.

and that is exactly why the girls i went with bought tickets in advance. (14, since so many of us went. heh...)

i refuse to go to southgate. it just scares me.... last ditch. absolutely

7. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Planning ahead.... Yeah, i could see how that might work... LOL. Good for you! And 14 of your friends went? Nice. I finally saw it (twice so far, and at Wynnsong) and it was well worth the wait. I'm sad that it's over. They were all so well made. Now I could go back and re-read the books (been avoiding that until after all the movies came out).

And yes... Southgate does indeed suck. It's the closest to me, but with the huge theater going up where the old East Ridge movies used to be, it looks like Southgate may be on it's last legs (like their so called seats).

8. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    *snicker*
    didn't know they were making a new theatre... hmm...

i've only seen it once but i'm probably gonna drag my best friend to it again on saturday. i actually haven't read the books. only fotr and ttt. there's an excuse for why i finished ttt in 2002 but never read rotk. i'm too obsessive compulsive. i couldn't find rotk in the same style of book as i'd bought fotr and ttt. i'm so pathetic. [face_blush]

9. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    LOL! You didn't read ROTK because you couldn't find one to match the other two? Ooooookay... Actually, I could see that. When you look at the books on a bookshelf, you do want some sort of balance. So... are you a Virgo (perfectionist)?

Anyway, good luck in finding your book match.

10. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    actually, i have no clue what i am. i was born in may... *shrugs*

and yes... [face_blush] i had to have matching books. i don't know if it's my perfectionism or my ocd or both... heh.

anyway, i finally did find the book, but i just haven't had time to read it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.