main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone Seen SW in Concert?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Jango Fett, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jango Fett

Jango Fett Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2013
    Has anyone Seen SW in Concert?

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I saw it twice. In one day. Hamilton Copps Coliseum (a hockey arena!). Afternoon show and evening show. Drank quite a bit during both. Thought it was badass, really cool to see the Saga laid out. Playing the Imperial March again for the encore was a little odd but it did get a chance to show off the orchestra as opposed to watching the (very awesomely edited) film montage. Applause was much much bigger when they started talking about the OT characters. I remember also when they did a moving, slow musical outro to Leia's bit you could hear a pin drop. At that very moment, I put down an empty beer and picked up a full one. Dropping the empty kinda echoed a bit, my buddy laughed. He said something like in this really artistic moment he could hear me still drinking.

But, yeah, good show. Musta cost a boatload to put out. Scattered all over the place they had Star Wars costumes and props set up. I do remember running into a Star Wars geek who was freaking out at John Williams' personal score notes, which is very cool, but I did point out it was notes for the Ep. 1 march of the trade federation arrival at Naboo. What really woulda made me jump was if it was his personal score for Duel of the Fates or Imperial March or something crazy like that. Nifty to see, though.

3. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    once and loved it

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Saw it once as well, and they did an encore of the Imperial March as well after the "thunderous applause" at the end. It was one of the greatest fan experiences I've ever had.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Once so far and loved it. Hopefully it starts back up with the sequel trilogy.

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    No, unfortunately.

7. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    Saw it in Glasgow and it was awesome!

8. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Missed it by a day. I cried a lot that night.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    I caught it in Dublin a couple of years ago. One of the best nights out I ever had.

10. narkwolf

narkwolf Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2013
    When you guys say SW in concert are you talking about a symphony doing the SW music?

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's a traveling roadshow that does just that. With Anthony Daniels as the host!

12. narkwolf

narkwolf Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2013
    Haha, I'm from Iceland and things like this never come to Iceland so I wasn't aware of this. I went to a show here though. The Icelandic symphony did some well known Star Wars songs and the instructor was wearing a Darth Vader costume and they had like stormtroopers on stage and stuff. Was pretty cool.

13. Sophdeon

Sophdeon Jedi Knight

Oct 25, 2010
    I actually saw it a couple years ago for my 18th birthday. Honestly, it was an awesome experience, and Anthony Daniels does a fantastic job as a host (even if he is biased toward C-3PO). If they continue doing this, I highly suggest anyone who is a fan of Star Wars sees it.

14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I would love to hear the SW music in concert though!

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I imagine it'll start up again with the sequels. Plus lots of local symphonies do Williams concerts-the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra does one yearly, for example.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Saw it when the show came to Atlanta. Absolutely fantastic, from the props to Anthony Daniels to of course the music. They really did an outstanding job.

17. SookMidrub

SookMidrub Jedi Knight

Mar 18, 2009
    Saw it in Baltimore...2009.

18. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    The show was outstanding! Saw it in Charleston, SC. Hope they do another tour sometime.

19. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I saw it once, and thought it was great. It was really cool seeing all the props they used in the film. And of course, Anthony Daniels did a great job narrating.

20. Wookie27

Wookie27 Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2013
    Yep i saw it when i was in 8th grade in san jose! it was awesome, but does anybody know if the are going to do star wars in concert again??

21. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    I saw it in Long Island. "The Battle of Endor" was incredible.

22. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Not in person although I have watched a bootleg DVD of one of the shows from the US.

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Haven't seen Star Wars in concert, but I have seen the first 2 Lord of the Rings movies in concert, and it was incredible. Seeing the 3rd this summer.

24. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I saw it a couple of years ago when they came through my neck of the woods. It was pretty damn cool.
    They had various props and costumes from the saga on display too which was neat. I would definitely see the concert again when it comes around!

25. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I saw it here in Fresno. It was the best concert ever! They need to bring it back

BigAl6ft6 likes this.