main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone seen the new promo for Season 3 on Cartoon Network Yet? --Now: Video and Screenshots inside!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IrishThunder, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pitsburySC

pitsburySC Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2003
    Thank you YodaJeff.

Qui-Gon? : Your final test is at hand. Trust in the force.

Anakin : I won't fail you.

Qui-Gon? : Don't fail yourself

Padmé : The Republic needs you.

Darth Sidious : Now is the time to strike...now is the time to launch a final operation.

2. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    I think the line "No Anakin. Don't fail yourself" is spoken by Obi-Wan, instead of Qui-Gon, as the poster above me stated...

This trailer was awesome...

Mace in a Jedi Interceptor...:cool:

3. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I think the line "No Anakin. Don't fail yourself" is spoken by Obi-Wan, instead of Qui-Gon, as the poster above me stated...

I think it is too. It sounded like Obi-Wan to me.

4. KillaBeeSwarm

KillaBeeSwarm Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2004
    Thanks YodaJeff. Did you do something different when encoding the third commercial? I normally use the VLC media player, but it had problems with the audio on the newest file...

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Yeah, I ended up changing the audio codec to a MPEG Layer 3 codec, since I was having problems with how I did things before. It resulted in a file that was about 1/3 the size, with no major noticable differences.

I just tested it with Windows Media Player and DivX player, and it seemed to work fine for me. If a lot of people start having problems, I'll try to reencode with a different codec. :)

6. KillaBeeSwarm

KillaBeeSwarm Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2004
    Ah yes, Windows Media Player. That one worked. Cool.

I never see the commercials on Cartoon Network. Maybe cause I watch it during Adult Swim late at night. Don't they know grown folks like Star Wars too?!?

7. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    There's a nice little interview in the Mail on Sunday Magazine, Night and Day today. Nothing new for the likes of us, mostly pics (Series 1&2 pics too, the only new one I could see was a new Clone Trooper), and a chat with Tartakovsky about Greorge asking him to do CW. I'll type it up if anyone's interested?

It was a pleasant surprise anyways, as there was nothing about it earlier in the magazine. I just turned the page and started going "ooh! oooh!" like a child :p

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting in here (rather than start a new thread): Does anyone know who's voicing the characters in this series? (IE ones we didn't see in the other shows, Mace etc)

I remember seeing a cast-list for the old series, but I haven't come across an equivalent for Season3/Volume2 yet. Ta in advance...

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. pitsburySC

pitsburySC Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2003
    Ho yeah, you seem right guys

Qui-Gon : Your final test is at hand. Trust in the force.

Anakin : I won't fail you.

Obi-Wan : No Anakin. Don't fail yourself

Padmé : The Republic needs you.

Darth Sidious : Now is the time to strike...now is the time to launch a final operation.

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks YodaJeff, yo-da-man!

10. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Sounds good Blackout, I'd love to read it :D

11. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Canny ;) ...

*** MINOR CW3 SPOILERS AHEAD ***

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
    The Mail on Sunday magazine: Night and Day 13th March '05

Send in the Clones

The final installment of the six-part Star Wars series isn't released until May, but a cartoon featuring new villain General Grievous gives die-hard fanatics a taste of what's in store. Rob Waugh reports...

'George Lucas came to me last year and said, "We're going to have a new villain in the Star Wars film this summer - do you want to have him in your TV show first?"' says Genndy Tartakovsky, creator of the Clone Wars cartoons. 'At the time, the villain, General Grievous, was just two drawings. No voice, nothing. We had to do a lot of work with George to turn him into someone who could fight Anakin Skywalker in our cartoon.'

The latest Clone Wars series - which screens on Toonami, a Cartoon Network channel, next month - is no run-of-the-mill animation. It fills in the blanks between 2002's Star Wars movie Attack of the Clones and this year's Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, and features all the best-loved characters from the series, such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, C-3PO and Yoda.

It's all part of the saga, rather than just a spin-off, offering essential backgrounds that no fan of the sci-fi films will want to miss - and it moves at such a speed that it tells as much of the Star Wars story as any of the films.
    'All the first episodes of Clone Wars were only three minutes long, so I don't waste time,' says Tartakovsky, the animator begind hits such as Samurai Jack, which combines the genres of Sci-Fi, Westerns and japanese Manga. 'At the speed I tell stories in these cartoons, I could get through Star Wars Episode II in 30 minutes, no problems.'

Clone Wars is light on dialogue, fast-moving and intense. Masked Clone Troopers battle through ruined cities, communicating using hand-signals, while Anakin Skywalker snatches a love-affair with Queen padme Amidala (played by Natalie Portman on the big screen) and slowly gains power. The characters converse in glances, and the action moves at breakneck speed.

'Dialogue eats up time', says Tartakovsky. 'I could use up 25 seconds having a character say something - in the same space of time, I could have 15 action scenes.'

The fast-forward storytelling of the 25 episodes of Clone Wars takes in an entire intergalactic war between the Republic's Clone Troopers and the merciless driods of the Trade Federation. But Tartakovsky had limits as to how much he was prepared to condense his storytelling. 'When George Lucas first approached Cartoon Network, he wanted them even shorter - one minute each' he says. 'I said, "Sure, I want to do Star Wars, but one minute is just an advert. I won't do it"'

'They went back to George Lucas and they told him I had said it was too short, and I was the guy who had done Samurai Jack. Lucas said "oh, I like Samurai Jack, they can have three minutes"'.

In the event, when the first two series of Clone Wars aired from the end of 2003 onwards, George Lucas loved them - and their two million-plus viewing figures - so much that he has allowed Tartakovsky 12 minutes each for the last few episodes of the third series which will screen later this month.

But while Tartakovsky was 'relieved' to have a little more time, he hasn't slackened the pace. He's just crammed in even more of the story, developing a plotline that leads up to the awful destiny that awaits Anakin Skywalker in the third film.

'You'll definitely get more out of the film if you've seen Clone Wars,' says Tartakovsky. 'You know those letters that scroll down the screen at the start of a Star Wars film, where it says, "A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away", then it gives you the history? That's what we're doing - the story of the scroll. Lucas let us read the script, and go right up to the start of Revenge of the S

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks, it's appreciated :)

13. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    No sweat, ma man :D

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

14. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    God damn these promos have me psyched for the new season.

15. ShiriKeiCelisoe

Jan 8, 2002
    I just tested it with Windows Media Player and DivX player, and it seemed to work fine for me. If a lot of people start having problems, I'll try to reencode with a different codec.

I've been using Winamp with the Divx codec and ffdshow. I haven't had any problems watching the commercials. I might have a new version of the codec and ffdshow. /shrug

16. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    I should mention that I uploaded a new version of the third commercial, which was re-encoded for slightly higher audio and video quality.

17. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Just added another new commercial. The entire version is 15 seconds long, and can be found on the same page as all the others:
    http://www.yodajeff.com/jc_stuff/clonewars/

Thanks to outcastja for the capturing this one. :)

18. Krados

Krados Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Once again YodaJeff, thanks so much for all you do!

19. ShiriKeiCelisoe

Jan 8, 2002
    Thanks a million, YodaJeff. You're awesome. :)

20. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
  21. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Just when you thought things couldn't get much better...

New 60 second promo added

Fifth Commercial - 60 seconds, 4.55 mb

http://www.yodajeff.com/jc_stuff/clonewars/

This season looks awesome. :cool:

Also, Cartoon Network has started having little advertisements in the lower left corner of the screen to remind people that the new episodes begin next week.

Edit: They also just re-aired the third commercial, with one minor edit - they removed the quick blur of Grievous in the static near the end.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    The fight/training between Dooku & Grievous is going to be AWESOME! (Grievous is alot better than Ventress.)

23. Borges

Borges Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    Wow, that last commerical gave me chills. Must be the music. And of course the awesomeness.

24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes, there was quite a bit of awesomeness there.:D

25. Melancholy

Melancholy Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks for all the work, YodaJeff.

By the way, doesn't anybody have the first commercial in its entirety that they can send to YodaJeff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.