main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone taking a "Sith" day from work or school?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by NorCalBirdz, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Off Thursday and Friday! :D

2. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    Perhaps I'm a jerk. I'm taking the day off while my students have to take a final. The only ones that know this though are star wars fans and they're okay with it. I told them if they tell me a spoiler, they flunk. [face_laugh]

3. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    for TPM i was an employee -- old boss laughed and said no way.

for AOTC - went to 12:01 and still went to work in the morning.

for RotS - well, lets just say becoming a partner has its priveleges [sp?]

i have the rest of the week off!

4. Anakin_Darth

Anakin_Darth Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    That's right; as a true STAR WARS fan, I requested 5/18 - 5/22 off from work, and they didn't schedule me until next thursday! So that's over a week of ROTS viewing.

I'll be going with my dad tomorrow(wow, that is so chilling to say; remember when it was three years away?!)to the Midnight Showing at 12:01am, then on Thursday I'm going with my girlfriend to an afternoon showing, and on Friday my friends are booking Matinee tickets, then on Saturday I'm going with my family, and probably Sunday also. This is the last time we'll be able to do this friends, we'd better make the most of it!

5. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    My mom is letting go see the ROTS midnight premeire on even though it's a school night and it will be dark, but I live in an apartment complex across the street from the theatre so I can get home pretty fast and I'm used to sleeping short hours due to the fact that I watch a lot of adult swim and have one day of extra sleeping every week. Also, I saw AOTC 8 times in theatres. My goal is to see ROTS twice that much and since there's a dollar theatre that will show the movie after its out of theatres then I may be able to see it more than that.

6. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Thursday is Star Wars day for me. Midnight premiere, and then watching all 6 (in the right order.)

Well worth 1/20th of annual leave!

7. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I have the next three days off.
    I started my current job in October and I made sure to mention "vacation days I already have plans for" when I was hired.

8. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Tomorrow and Thursday off for me.

!snap

9. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I so badly wanted to take a "Sith" day from school but with finals coming up the following week, I can't afford to miss. Especially Chemistry since that's a tough class as he teaches it like a college coarse (I'm only a H.S. sophomore!) but then again I shouldn't be complaining since it's a pre-ap class.

Oh well, that's why it bites being a minor at times.

10. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    High School is so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Seeing a Star Wars film >>>>>>>>>> HS.

!snap

11. darthchickenwing

darthchickenwing Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    For TPM I saw it at 1 a.m. the second day it was out and worked the next day

For AOTC I took the day off before the midnight premeire so I could get a good seat, but went to work the next day.

Now I have a one year old and no one who wants to babysit at 12:01 a.m. so I will be taking the day off Thursday so I can stand in line and get a good seat for the 3 p.m. showing.

12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    *snigger* Not only am I missing work, I flew halfway across the country because of this movie. Remind me again why U.S. employers are expected to lose $600 million....

13. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Thanks DLM- I don't feel like the most obsessive poster in the thread anymore!
    ;)

14. generalgreivous4

generalgreivous4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    Well I started Study leave this week, so I havent really got to take time off anything...but revision.

15. Darth_Rabe

Darth_Rabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    Off Thursday & Friday. Timing is everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.