main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anyone think FN-2187 is the new Son of Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Obi-Wan McCartney, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollo Tomasi

Rollo Tomasi Jedi Padawan

Jan 18, 2016
    Luke & Anakin were unquestionably the leads. Whether people found their stories less compelling than Han & Obi-Wan's is another matter.

As for Rey's kids last names, it's been said by others, elsewhere on these boards, that if Rey marries a guy with no last name, like Finn, he can take the Skywalker name. I'm still hoping one of the twists coming is that Finn is Luke's kid.

And yes, episode 8 & 9 can't get here fast enough.

2. YoloKylo

YoloKylo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2016

Yeah, once we get down to people's beliefs, everyone ultimately have the right for deciding for themselves until we know canon, since it is fiction. I think that's an odd way to change the rules between Leia's child and Rey's potential children. So if Han had no last name then or took the Skywalker last name, then Ben would be considered a Skywalker? Or Kylo is redeemed and decides to go back to Ben and change his last name to Skywalker at the same time, would they consider him a Skywalker? That all makes it more about semantics, since it doesn't change whether or not Ben has the Skywalker bloodline. If some random character, like let's say Unkar, decides to change his name to Skywalker, it doesn't make him a Skywalker. To Snoke, he considers Kylo of the Skywalker line.

And it's such a fragile theory since the FO didn't spawn Finn, they stole him. So he does have a father and mother and ultimately has a last name we just don't know yet. His last name is as important as Rey's, JJ has said as much. So the probability of us learning Finn's last name, no matter what it ends up being, the probability we'll learn it in this trilogy is high. I've seen on other sites, that statement has made people pause, since they assumed Finn's last name wasn't important. So to base a theory purely on not thinking Finn matters is ignoring that what has been laid as groundwork. In fact, if Finn does learn his last name, it has been pointed out that names are important to him. He never was given a nickname when he was a stormtrooper, which BtA made a point of, made him an outsider. He was so pleased when Poe decided to call him Finn, so he's not indifferent to him having no name. I would say it would mean enough to him to want to proudly use it. And it would tie him to his parents he never knew and give him a sense of belonging. To the turn around and take his wife's last name, he does lose that connection of who he is that he would've just gained.

3. Zalbaar

Zalbaar Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2016
    Can't see at all how he could be, I'd much rather they left him to be unique, and to forge his own path.

4. Green Greedo

Green Greedo Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2016
    No. He's not. Thumbs up.

5. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    YoloKylo Nice pic and quote! Thank you for sharing!
    The actor and longtime Star Wars fan confirmed to E! News' Zuri Hall that the single black glove he wore was indeed a reference to Luke Skywalker, whose hand was chopped off by Darth Vader in 1980'sStar Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. In 1983's Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Luke wore a leather black glove over his prosthetic, robotic hand. "It's as if no one has watched the Star Wars movie," he said when asked about the accessory. "I mean, the fans will get it. This is Luke Skywalker's hand that got chopped off, and replaced with his robotic hand...This is my Star Wars-esque homage."
    "I love your commitment to your craft right now," Hall told him.
    "Absolutely," Boyega said. "I'm still in character."
    [​IMG]

Hopeless and StormScavenger like this.
  6. YoloKylo

Feb 24, 2016
    ok, I had stopped posting on this forum because of the bias was strong with Rey Skywalker but in light of recent events, I'm going to go ahead and post them.

AND I REMIND everyone the Skywalker line is assumed to originate from midi chlorians that are microscopic, intelligent lifeforms that live within the cells of all living beings. So they could contain genetic material from all life forms. We're not saying that Mark Hamill could be the father of John Boyega but that the fictional character Luke in a fictional galaxy with made up rules could have fathered the fictional character Finn.

7. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    He is the son of Leia with Lando Calrissian.
    So he is also a Skywalker.

8. YoloKylo

Feb 24, 2016
    bonus parallel - where Luke's theme plays in Finn's scene.

9. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    YoloKylo nice videos!

And all we need to logically explain Finn is Luke's son biologically is a black wife/mother. For those that feel Finn is too dark to be part black and white - all we need is a mother darker than Finn which wouldn't be hard as Finn isn't that dark. And as it has been mentioned before, Heir to the Jedi shows Luke's attraction to black women. I liked the theory/story line mentioned in the first video toward the end - that would work well.

StormScavenger and YoloKylo like this.
  10. StormScavenger

StormScavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2015
    I totally agree, DL44Jo - those videos from YoloKylo are great! Just got through watching them.

It's unfortunate regarding what happened to Nakari - otherwise I could see Luke/Nakari being a possibility. But I also like that theory regarding Sana. She's one of my favorite characters from the SW comic series (along with Dr. Aphra), so that could be a possibility as well...and it's quite a coincidence that she's with Leia even after the whole Sana/Han "marriage" was revealed, and that makes me think they'll stick together for a while. And this could explain how she could meet Luke (through Leia) once he and Han return from their adventures...

YoloKylo and DL44Jo like this.
  11. YoloKylo

Feb 24, 2016
    DL44Jo and StormScavenger

Yeah, I think the Nakari character was a victim of bad timing (but I named my star wars youtube channel in honor of her :-B ). The Heir to the Jedi was originally supposed be part of a trilogy of books each focusing on Luke, Leia and Han. Leia and Han's books came out and then Disney bought LF. And while The Heir of the Jedi's was already mostly written, the story group gave a lot of feedback of how it could fit into the new canon. I would be completely speculating on what was changed but someone did write how they felt that the Nakari doesn't quite fit the new canon Star Wars women. Which I think is a hangover of not originally being written for the new canon.

StormScavenger and DL44Jo like this.
  12. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Yeah, I read the other two for Han and Leia that were released before the big Disney buy out. Razor's Edge and Honor Among Thieves I believe. The latter was really good actually! It's too bad it's no longer canon. I got that feeling too that Heir to the Jedi was mostly the original writ for it and may have only been tweeked a little to fit the new canon. They'll probably release the novels that cover the story of Luke and his wife after they have revealed who she is in the movies. And that's if he has a wife which I hope and suspect he does.

YoloKylo and StormScavenger like this.
  13. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    The idea that Finn shouldn't be Luke's offspring because he is "too black" is just lunacy. First, this is a fantasy sci-fi film, so the force pretty much destroys any argument there. Second, come on, it's not like we're saying he had two white parents, if Luke fell in love with a black woman then the child, through even EARTH genetics, could end up any magical combination of beautiful races. Look at President Obama, with a white mother, still looks black. Some children take after one parent or another, so no need to use that as a major hangup.

There are lots of plot holes and inconsistencies in the star wars universe, the main question is, does it fit the overall storytelling narrative? Does it make sense from a story point of view?

ABSOLUTELY. The idea of Finn versus Keylo as the grandsons of Anakin is very powerful. It also creates a larger legacy for the Star Wars universe. And when Finn Skywalker marries Rey, she'll be Rey Skywalker after all. :)

14. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    I know it's funny how many people seem to not know how genetics work. So they'll have to make it 'believable' enough so people don't complain. Luckily, most people I've suggested to of Finn being Luke's son in person have responded positively to the idea. So I think there are a lot of people out there that see it as a good and even great way to go.

And yes, thank you - Finn Skywalker hooking up with Rey Random would make both she and Finn a Skywalker. This would be such a great way to take this!

15. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    You know no one has pointed out that Luke didn't feel anything when Alderaan blew up and yet we're expected to believe Leia and Finn both felt what happened and neither were trained?

I still think Leia received enough training to start to train her son Ben until she realised she had made the same mistake Obi-Wan did with Anakin except to be fair in his time no one recognised the threat Palpatine posed whilst in Leia's time it should have been easy to keep Ben out of Snoke's influence.

Now Finn is apparently sensitive enough to sense what only a trained Jedi should have been able to and he hasn't had any training his natural talent alone was apparently enough to break and remain free of the ongoing brainwashing of the First Order!

Rey like Kylo is some kind of Adept unlike Kylo she's had some combat training the likes of which I think Kylo wasn't allowed as Snoke wanted him as a figurehead rather than a replacement Darth Vader which poses its own kind of problems!

Finn strikes me a some kind of natural Guardian, I think I'm using too many d20isms here!

Could he be a Skywalker?

Don't know but he is force sensitive that much I am sure of!

16. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    I'm not going to say I'm sure of either - they are my preferences and I think they would be an excellent way to take Finn's character and the trilogy. If anything though I feel he should at least have the Force.

17. PTdefender3

PTdefender3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2015
    I was so certain that Finn was the lead because of the Lightsaber stuff.

DL44Jo likes this.
  18. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Well, he is A lead and seems to be a co-lead with Rey. Yeah, that has a lot of people wondering if it was just a red herring or actually foreshadowing. I hope foreshadowing.

19. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    I'm convinced he heard the cries when Starkiller Base attacked, but other people aren't.
    I'd love to see Finn develop force power, but I'm actually kind of hanging my hat on him EITHER being a descendant of Obi-Wan OR using his position as a former Storm Trooper to lead a Storm Trooper revolt against the Frist Order.

If the second happens, there's no need for him to develop force powers, as that theoretical story is pretty powerful in itself.

And I do think the ST is doing to come down to a showdown between two descendants of Anakin Skywalker, with the light side winning and thus balance being restored to the Force...thereby making Anakin The Chosen One, from a certain point of view, as events he set into motion brought about the restoration of balance. I mean, Kylo could do it and that would still be true, but then what's the motivation of the other main cast?

Storm_Cloud likes this.
  20. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    Good stuff, fun to watch. But all misdirection. Rey is the new hope to return and help destroy the new menace of the First Orde in the the ST.

GMGalenMarek likes this.
  21. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I would be surprise if he was a Skywalker but I doubt it because Finn's parentage still deserves to be a mystery still the end of the second movie.

22. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I'm sure if Finn were Luke's son he would've raised him. Luke knew firsthand what it was like not to know your father so I'm sure he wouldn't allow Finn to grow up without knowing his father. Plus, he definitely would've prevented him from being in the First Order.

23. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    There are many scenarios that could have separated Luke from his son/child. His wife could have been separated from him (taken by the FO for example) before either of them even knew she was expecting a child. There were no clues or connections that Luke could possibly be Vader's son.

24. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    thats why he needed a pilot to get out right ;)

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I thought about this idly a coup0le days ago.

Not a progeny of Luke, but maybe Leia sought some comfort when Han walked out on her. Lando could be too obvious, but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.