main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anyone think FN-2187 is the new Son of Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Obi-Wan McCartney, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014

[​IMG]

-Jedi Joe- and DL44Jo like this.
  2. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    My comment here was in reference to the post I was responding to in that we weren't led at all to believe, suspect, or even speculate that Vader was Luke's father - not that they don't have anything in common. Thought I should clarify.

3. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    There is a thread on here somewhere where I said that Finn might be Luke's son. Rey is Han and Leia daughter, the evidence is there throughout TFA, but most people want her to be the daughter of their greatest hero, Luke Skywalker. The realm of possibilities are endless as we are only along for the ride.

DL44Jo likes this.
  4. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    I agree and I'm glad you found this thread!

5. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    It was one of the newer threads so it was not going to be hard to find it :grins:

6. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    It tends to end up a few pages back where people don't come across it as easily due to low volume of posts that are often far and in between.

I agree that Rey could still be Han and Leia's taken from them as a baby or what-not and that there are several things that point to that possibility. I also wouldn't mind if Rey's parents are random that we will get to know in novels and a little from the movies. If she is Luke's it'll be fine too. I just prefer and can see the potential for Finn being Luke's son.

I had mentioned above (for those that don't see the possibility of Finn being Luke's son from what we've seen in the movie) that we didn't see the possibility that Luke could be Vader's son until we heard Vader say it to Luke in V. Although, I can see several small signs of possible foreshadowing in VII. I like that you're able to see the possibilities.

7. Dominus Libertas

Dominus Libertas Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2016
  8. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Is this in response to my post or just the idea of Finn being Luke's son?

9. Dominus Libertas

Apr 23, 2016
  10. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The guys at Collider put it best: there is no need to close the SW universe by making everybody relative to each other.

11. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    That's one reason Rey having random parents might be a good way to go and it's less predictable, yet I would prefer that Luke have offspring and think Finn is a great option and less predictable.

Dominus Libertas Ok

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I just don't get why this is such a huge issue.

13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    seriously are we really revisiting this ole chest nut again?

14. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Dominus Libertas - My 'ok' was a positive, thanks for answering my question 'ok'. I realized that could have been heard the other way.

15. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    I think Finn is actually the son of Han Solo with another woman,than Leia.

16. Dominus Libertas

Apr 23, 2016
    huh?

17. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Oh, I realized when I responded to you with 'ok' that it could have been taken in the negative context of the word so I was letting you know it was to acknowledge your answer to my question and it was appreciated.

18. Dominus Libertas

Apr 23, 2016

[​IMG]

19. DL44Jo

Aug 7, 2014
    Just trying to be polite. I've made a mental note not to bother next time. Thanks!

Edit: And sorry if I confused you. Whoops, there I go being polite again! Sorry, won't happen again! Dang it I can't stop!!

20. Lord Farnsworth

Lord Farnsworth Jedi Padawan star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    The best theory so far, and it makes more sense than some of the other sruff that's going on. The theory has teeth, because you put the other lead exactly where he needs to be. As a lead. All the other theories diminish and importance. Heck some don't even bother to mention his name in their theories, and you know that's not going to fly.

Vader dragged the Skywalker family name down, and Kylo is making sure it stays there. Somebody has to redeem the Skywalker name. Why not his son Finn.

DL44Jo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.