main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anyone trying to stay spoiler-free, but still check's the spoilers frequently?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Carbon1985, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Since there hasn't been any major Episode 7 news, we all are still technically 'spoiler-free.' Is there anyone who said to themselves they would stay spoiler-free, but still can't help themselves and checks the spoiler forum every so often? I have no willpower!

Messi and Pensivia like this.
  2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm here until the spoilers begin rolling in on earnest. I don't consider casting to be spoilers, so I don't think I'll be that spoiled for Episode VII given the utter lack of info so far.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I'm all for spoilers, but we haven't seen any. Heck, we only know 3 things from ep7 so far: who writes it, who directs it and who makes the music.

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I said to myself I'll see how it goes then decide. In the end, I'll probably go spoiled as hell, because it won't affect much of my final enjoyment of the movie.
    That, and this section of the boards is way more active, fun and downright insane at moments :p

Immortiss, Ryus and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Me. I probably won't head into the NSA forum until someone spoils something major for me. I just never learn.

6. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I signed up for the NSA boards. I have no idea why though. I'll probably consume most spoilers just short of a full plot synopsis. :p

7. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    This could be me. Since we haven't heard anything spoiler-wise, I'm still curious about alot of things in this trilogy? But I will probably stop once I hear a major spoiler too. 8-}

8. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm on the fence as to whether I will stay spoiler free or not. Of course, at this point, that decision is being made for me. ;)

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm posting at both places to up my post count speculate to my heart's content.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    On what? Free pizza?

12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm also on a diet, but I still go into the cake shop every day

Immortiss likes this.
  13. Jolee anda

Jolee anda Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2013
    If you check you are not really trying.

14. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    I finally figured out that the two things I want to know is when they announce the release date for Episode 7, and when they officially announce the Big 3, and then I am going SW-cold turkey as I am going to try to stay away from SW websites.

15. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm trying to stay spoiler free but that forum is slow as hell.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    There are no spoilers to check

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I feel the same way, Echo. I want to remain as spoiler free as possible but that forum is really quiet. Really the only active thread is the social thread so I tend to spend most of my time here. Of course that's probably contributing to the problem. :p

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, Abrams and Bad Robot co have done an excellent job of keeping us in his mystery box. LOL

What were those red and black scripts for? Does anyone know? I know they were supposedly for "another project." BUT what if they were E7 and he just psyched us out?!

19. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    It's like I have a twin...:p

I signed up for NSA early on but I guess I really haven't decided whether or not I will really try to avoid actual spoilers whenever they do start appearing. I wasn't really on the internet much for the prequels, so I was virtually spoiler-free. I enjoyed all the prequels, but I have no idea if I would have enjoyed them less if I had been spoiled. I can't even use other (non-SW) films as a reference point because the only film I can think of that I've been majorly spoiled for was Star Trek: Into Darkness. I ended up not thinking too much of that one, but I have no idea if it was because I knew too much of the plot in advance.

So...I guess I'm still undecided [face_dunno]...and thus open to being majorly spoiled at some point!

Carbon1985 likes this.
  20. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    If Luke and Leia didn't find out they were twins after all those years, then who knows if we could be twins being diehard SW fans...:p

I was pretty much spoiler-free (I saw trailers and still photos released by Lucas) for Episode I & II and enjoyed them very much. I went totally spoiled for Episode III and it was a bit of letdown. I remember in the first 20 minutes of the movie I knew I made a mistake reading spoilers because I was a step ahead of the movie since I knew so many plot points.

Its the ultimate catch 22! Do you want to have fun for the next 2 years everyday finding spoilers and getting your SW fix? Do you want to wait and go SW-cold turkey for the next 2 years, but walk into the movie that night totally open to ANYTHING that can happen?

I posted this in either this thread or another thread, but after I hear the release date and whether Ford, Fisher, and Hamill are DEFINETLY in, then I am going to try to walk away from SW on the internet. It will be tough, but I keep thinking about my Episode III experience and that kind of sets me straight.

I have always wanted the ST (back in the 80's) before the PT, because there was more suspense to this trilogy. The PT was all about how everything happened, but we don't know what, when and how ANYTHING happens in the ST, and that makes it much more interesting. Plus my biggest fear is reading a spoiler that Han or Leia dies in Episode 7 and that would ruin the drama when it actually happens on screen.

Pensivia likes this.
  21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm trying to be spoiled and failing miserably!:_|

22. Carbon1985

Apr 23, 2013
    There is no try! Do....or do not! :p

Ryus, Pensivia and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  23. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Spoilers aren't always good...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Here are some examples.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, at least we'll have Rebels, starting next year - it'll make it easier [face_peace]

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  25. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    You crack me up JediKnightOB1.

Granek and JediGirl_Angelina like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.