main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Anyone up for a group chat anytime soon?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Jan 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I think it was way back in November when Chicago Force scheduled an on-line chat for a Sunday evening.

Only about 5 of us were there, and we moved it from it's beginning location to a second location, which I believe prevented 2 latecomers from being able to tune in, but it >WAS< fun.

How about scheduling one for sometime in the next couple weeks? Post your suggestions for preferred days of the week and times.

Also, the chat room on the CF board isn't the greatest, so we used AIM last time. Unless someone has a better plan, I suggest we just plan on AIM from the get-go, and assign one person to get the room and do the invites.

For anyone who doesn't have AIM, I actually downloaded, installed and configured it DURING the beginning of the chat b/c everyone else wanted to switch over. It is easy to get and use. Although, unless you have a high-speed connection you probably should get it BEFORE the chat is scheduled. But hey, whatever trips your trigger.

My preferred schedule would be Tue, W, or Thu evening, any time after 6:30pm. Also good for me are weekend times generally - even in the morning.

2. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Girl, you read my mind. It's that Gemini thing again!
    Nights are not incredibly good for me 'cause I'm starting up school again and stuff and I work late on Tuesdays and of course days are not good either.
    Sat or Sun during the day is good, but if a night is better for everyone, I suppose I could find the time, I'm sure.
    I'm so difficult, I know.

3. Polaris63

Polaris63 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2000
    I'm new to the fan force arena...but I'm game.

4. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Welcome aboard, Polaris!

Post your best days and times, if ya have a preference...

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Did you know this is a locked thread on the Mpls forum?

I'd be up for it as long as it doesn't conflict with my polka.

6. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm not sure why the thread got locked over there! I didn't do it!

And I'm interested in doing the chat.

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd be up for it. Bad nights for me are Sunday nights after 8 (Last time was Sunday afternoon as I recall.) and Wednesday nights after 9. Last time was a lot of fun.

Phil

8. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Hmmmm....Phil....I'm reading your mind.... Yes! You have the JediTalk radio show on Sunday nights! I'm so good :)

Okay....now I'm reading my Palm (pilot).....I looks like Sunday at 3 would be best for me...same as last time.

Does anyone else have any problems with Sunday at 3??

Going once....Going twice....

9. Polaris63

Polaris63 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2000
    Hopefully, I'll have my PC working by them, but I'm tentatively in.

10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    And Wednesday nights I hang out with the lovely ladies of Club Jade on IRC.

Phil

11. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Femme and Mara, when would be good and bad times for you two?

12. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm pretty open for any weekday evening (after 7:30). I usually polka every other Sunday from 6:00 to 10:00. Not really in the condition to chat after that--still waiting for the FF boards to go away.

13. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I could do sunday at 3, though probably not if we do it on AIM, as I might be at work, and I have a mac, and my Mac version of AIM doesn't support group chat, only one-on-one. that's complicated. i could just try to be at home, though.

anyway, schedule away.

matt

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Are we doing this particular Sunday at 3 or are we just bandying around ideas still? I'm not sure if I could do the 7th.

Phil

15. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    i would love to be included. sunday the 7th is bad for me though cuz' i'll be flying home to chicago. any other time is fine.

16. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    If I'm the main organizer, right now I was still in the "batting" stage. I thought if we set up a chat around a week in advance or even more, more people could probably make it. Maybe we could set two different times, so people who can't make one, can make the other, and won't feel like they TOTALLY missed on it altogether.

Yo, Springer, are there any OTHER times that ARE good for you? And/or other platforms?

17. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Please this week already. I'm going out of my mind being stuck at home.

18. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    okay, so I don't have to work, but I do have to take down the Xmas tree. so I will try to be at the CF.org chatroom at 3 p.m. CST tomorrow. We can meet there, then move it to AIM after our group has gathered. Just like last time.

Bobafemme, sounds like you're a lock to be there for sure. ;) anyone else? i can't be certain on my part, but I will try.

matt

19. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I will be there. 3PM. (2PM for those of us in Indiana) www.chicagoforce.org chat room. Then we'll switch to AIM Chat. Sounds good for now. Maybe next week we can do a different day for others to join in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.