main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Anyone up for seeing Episode II at tinseltown this weekend?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by obi-wan-bartak, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    If anyone wants to go list what day and time is good for you on this message thread. thanks obi-wan-bartak.

2. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I would, but I'm busy Saturday and Sunday is work. :(

3. obi-wan-bartak

Feb 26, 2001
    thanks anyhow bunny, we both seem to post a lot on here, would be nice to finally meet you in person and all. Episode 1 was at tinseltown through the end of september in 1999, hopefully Episode 2 will be there through september also. My sister is getting married on July 12th , so any day but that through the summer im free to see it, see ya obi-wan-bartak.

4. dholme

dholme Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    I seriously doubt Episode II will still be playing in the first run theaters in September. It happened for Episode I because it was required. It opened about May 20 or thereabouts. That makes it roughly 12 weeks that it played. The House Manager at Stonybrook told me that back then the deal for Episode I, among other things, required that it be played for no less than 12 weeks. I understand it was 4 weeks for episode II. It's already down to one screen at Stonybrook. I don't see that lasting much longer.

David

5. obi-wan-bartak

Feb 26, 2001
    It's a shame more people arent going to see episode II, i think its a much better film than episode 1 in terms of action and all, plus less jar-jar lol. Oh well, hopefully some of us in LASE will get together to see it before it goes to village 8, and if we have to see it at village 8 , its not that bad place to see it, plus save 5 dollars. I guess when episode 1 was released it had been 16 years since a new star wars episode had been released . See ya Obi-Wan Bartak

6. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I think that AotC was much better than TPM. But, in my personal opinion, still no where near as good as the Original Trilogy. I don't think Episode 3 will be as good as the OT either. And the hype for Ep2 wasn't as big (thankfully) as it was for Ep1... and as much as I hate to say it, a lot of people were really dissapointed in Ep1 (myself included) so there wasn't this big excitement for AotC. Plus, Spider-Man was HUGE and it has been packed both times I went to see it. There were empty seats on for Ep2 on opening night. :( On the plus side, hopefully a lot of the Episode 1/newbie/poseur Star Wars 'fans' won't turn out for Ep3 either. :D I'm so mean to the people who only became fans after Episode 1. ::evil cackle::

7. dholme

dholme Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    I may have spoken a little too soon. I still don't see it lasting into September, but it actually sold out the 800p show at Stonybrook tonight. I don't recall that happening in the past couple of weeks.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.