Oregon Anyone up for some sort of Halloween get-together?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DARTH_ANN, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    I think it'd be kind of fun to get together sometime before Halloween in costume.

Anybody up for that?
    [face_mischief]
  2. Jaya_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    okay, I live 5 hours from Portland, but if you all are getting together I will walk to join in! ;)
  3. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    Okay that's two of us.
  4. Rickthetamer Jedi Knight

star 1
    That would rock supremely.

I wouldn't come though, because I'm inferior to everyone else around.

And I can practically guarantee I'm the youngest one here.
  5. Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Master

star 4
    Your too young to even be here.
  6. Rickthetamer Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know, I know.

I'm only 12. -_-

But I try to be mature to make up for my age difference.
  7. Jaya_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry, I joined before I was 13 too ;)

Around what day were you thinking? Like actual Halloween?
  8. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    no, Halloween's on a Thursday problably not the best day of the week. Probably the Saturday before would be more convenient for most people
  9. RylaRainGirl Jedi Padawan

Well, since the 31st is my birthday, I'd suggest something either before or after that.
  10. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah, I actually have to work on the last day of every month and do inventory. It really sucks for Halloween, New Years, and this year Easter was on the last day of the month. But my own selfishness aside, I still think the weekend before would be best for everybody.

Of course, only a few people have expressed interest in such an event...

11. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't do the whole costume thing, hehe, I just don't have one, but it would be totally cool to have a costumed meeting as long as not everyone had to have one I guess, I dunno. I didn't want to post here because I sound like a party-pooper saying that, and I think costumes are sweet, but I just don't have one and really wouldn't want to buy one for as little as I would use it. I'm comfortable just being a Star Wars fan without externally expressing it...
  12. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey, it'd be fun to get together with or without costumes.

I'm working on one for my husband right now though. He won't wear a starwars costume for some reason, so he picked out a highlander outfit, complete with kilt and a furry purse. Even if you don't come in costume you gotta come just to see that. :)
  13. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I don't have a costume either, but a Halloween Party the weekend before would be great!
  14. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    I think we've got like five or six people now who have expressed some interest. Any ideas about what we want to do? There'll probably be lots of haunted houses to go to. Or something else maybe.
    ideas?...
  15. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd be interested in showing up to a halloween party, as for ideas... uhhh... not much to do in oregon around halloween time except terrorize the neighborhood (which can be quite thrilling) going to a theater, or hanging out at a 7-11, Winco, or Shari's, lol... well, there's my $0.02...
  16. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    I think we should embrace the Dark Side, grab some eggs, and start creating some havok! :)

haha, j/k.
  17. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    "It is unavoidable..."

Sorry, only line i could think of...
  18. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, if it's going to happen I suggest that someone in charge *nudges Bowen*, set a date, time and place or appoint someone *cough, DARTH_ANN, cough* to do it. The deadline for a Halloween Party is coming pretty close and people like to know ahead of time. Get moving!

:D

-IJedi
  19. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Well hey, you guys get to discuss when you want it, haha. I don't want to be a dictator.

Yes, it is Darth Anne's suggestion so if she has a time that she thinks would work best, I'd be open to that. I can come back any weekend you guys want to set it, so I have no time conflicts unless you make a meeting in the middle of the week, which I imagine would be a major conflict for just about every one of us. :)

I am going to try to avoid coming back this weekend, because I want to spend one weekend partying here at OSU, haha, and then I'm coming back the weekend after absolutely for sure, but I'll be working all of that weekend (movie reviewing) probably. I could make time, but we could even meet the next weekend, which would I imagine be the last weekend in October, and that would also be fine. Saturday's are always best, I would bet. Sunday I know some people might have Church, other people just don't like doing much Sundays, etc. Now for me, I can afford to leave Sunday night at 10 p.m. back for college, so that's fine too if people conclude Sunday is the better day. Friday night even is ok with me.
  20. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    Okay,
    What do you guys think about going to a haunted house on Oct. 26th? I'll look around and see if what's available on that date and see when they're open.
    Sorry it's been awhile since i've said anything. My ISP was not working.
  21. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    Okay How about this? 7pm on Saturday, Oct 26th
    They've got two haunted houses. I think one is a kiddie one though.

"Haunted House at Pioneer Courthouse Square: 612 SW Sixth Ave., Portland. Admission $7.50 for 1 structure, $12 for both structures. $1.50 off if you bring two cans of food to benefit Oregon Food Bank. Open Oct 11 - 31. 7 pm to 10 pm. Sunday-Thursdays, 7 PM - 10 PM Friday & Saturdays 7 PM - 1 AM. Also Open till 1 AM on Oct. 30-31! Call (503) 768-5634 for more info"
  22. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Sounds good, I'll get back to you on if I can go...it's the middle of the night and that makes it difficult to ask my parents, seeing that one's sleeping and the other is at work.

-IJedi
  23. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    How much time would that be?

I'm just worried about getting all of my movie going done that weekend because I already have so much work... Hmm...

Well I can make time when necessary, so if it works for you all, that is ok. I'm not sure if I'd be up for 7 to like 1 a.m., hehe, but...
  24. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I am going!!! Is there a way to locate fan force members? Anyone have a lightup lightsaber? Anyway, see you there.

:D

-IJedi
  25. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, I'll be there with two or three other people in Jedi robes.

Are any of you going to the midnight showing of AOTC Halloweeen at Omnimax?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.