main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Anyone up for this?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by corran_16201, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Courscant formal? I'd say a night under the stars but I think we used that for prom last year.

We have a basement it couldn't be used its too messy even after cleaning. Umm local firehall would only be good for a few of us. Would your living room be big enough though even cleared out of furniture? Anyone have a really big yard or a yard period we could set a stero or a car up on for sound then dance on the grass?

2. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    O.O oh my gosh- coruscant formal!
    (goes and gets book)

Leia in COTJ (children of the jedi) talks about some sort of dance thingy during the imperial times- a 'coming out' for teenagers of royalty and senatorials.

There was some sort of 'presentation' of the children to the emperor (hunts frantically) sort of like the presentations that some teenage girls get. Apparently, (AH-HAH! GO SPEED READING SKILLS! ^_^) they would basically meet & mingle, then have this little prominade when they would all line up and meet the emperor.

If the child was a girl and found to be beautiful, and not royalty, usually she became a consort to the emperor (EWW!), if she was royalty (aka leia) she was given some sort of nod or favor, present.

If the child was a male, usually the emperor (again not royalty) was given a high rank in his commanding fleet. If royalty, the male was given some sort of present, like female royalty.

Just a bit of info. ^_^ Although I think I want to be considered royalty, and not a consort to an emperor. ^_~

3. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    hmm roaylity and get woman for present or not and get fleet command oh decisions decsions.

4. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yes I think i'd like to be royalty then...

5. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Just a thought - maybe redundant but King's in Harmarville has that meeting room. If the tables are arranged properly, might make a nice dance area. If we want we can eat there ~ if people would rather eat somewhere else, we would only have to chip in $45. If this sounds like an idea that y'all like I can call and find out if they are okay with us playing (blasting) dance music (aka Star Wars soundtracks) Maybe this would be an idea for the Christmas party or the Halloween party. Let me know and I see about setting it up!

6. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    First I need directions to this King's! (sobs)

7. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    I like the King's idea I don't see why we couldn't have it I mean don't they have other parties there. So we got a possible place now we need a stero the 5 sound tracks and we be good to go I think. Hmmm what else....

oh yeah I need a date. Eh I'll work on that on my own.

What could we decorate it like something temporary but cool. OHH I had a cool idea:

You think our Royal Guard friends would stand at the door for the admission?

8. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    okay ~ here are my ideas:

OMG!! the guard would look sooooo awesome at the door!!!

We have a 5 disc changer stereo that would be perfect

and do you honestly have to ask about the soundtracks?????? ~~I am almost ashamed of you! We have them young one you needn't worry about that ~ you just find yourself a date. (and no cows are allowed (Elderton joke))

So, how does this sound for the Christmas party/formal:

December 14th at 4:30 - whenever
    at King's in Harmarville

Tony & I will bring the music & music box

King's can provide the food

We wine, .... we dine, .... we dance the night away under the stars::...... errr I mean under the lights of the meeting room (OOPS)

Well, whatta y'all tink?

And afterwards the adults can adjourn to go play games and the little ones can go to bed. (OOPS soory :D )

9. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Perhaps this could be our winter or christmas party as well? ^_^

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I like the idea of a dance/formal for the Christmas/Winter/Lifeday party in December. But would Kings let us set up music and decorations and such? Also, if we are going formal (does that mean for us Jedi we polish our boots and wear the 'good' robe ;) ) perhaps we should consider someplace a little more upscale than Kings. Not much more because we don't want to go broke . . . Isn't there a hotel near the Kings in Hamerville? Wonder how much a small dining room (since there's only about 25 of us) with dinner would be?

I think a 'formal' dance would be much much fun.

11. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey if someone went early where ever we could dance under the stars. take like the white Christmas lights that come in net form and spread that over the ceiling of the place then turn the others lights down or off and bingo.

King's would be good if they let us if not I think your right there is a hotel down there beside Kings and in front of Jetz I'm pretty sure its a Comfort Inn but not positive.

So Dec. 14 for a tentative date sounds good not late enough to conflict with the holidays and such.

12. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I like Master Greencat's idea of having it someplace a little 'fancier' seeing it is supposed to be a formal, and our Christmas party. I think it would just be nice for a change of pace from our normal meeting settings there at King's. Just me 2 credits.

And I wouldn't mind guarding the doorways either, it is my job after all! lol Just as long as we aren't left out and can participate in the fun as well! lol Remember, Imperial Guards are people too! ;) [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.