Anyone wanna do a fanfilm?

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by _-Reborn_Jedi-_, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey I was wondering, considering we all really love Star Wars, and we all pretty much live closeby in the vicinity of Cleveland, why not show our talent in a fanfilm? It would be a heck of a lot of fun. All we need is a script and good actors/actresses, maybe a couple special effects and some props/costumes, and we're set! As for the script I suppose I could write one, but I have never ventured into writing ANYTHING in the SW universe, even though I have a deep love for the series, I'm afraid to write anything of it for fear of messing anything up. So if anyone else wants to do a script that'd be cool. I want this to be original too, original characters, maybe a lot of Sith and Jedi fighting,a deep, moving story, maybe some stuff from the EU thrown in too. We could work all of it out as we go. I just wondered if anyone wanted to do this. I know I'm up for acting ; I'd do very well performing as a sinister Sith Lord hehe. Lemme know what you guys think!
  2. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Had you been at the first meeting, you would've known that a good chunk of people TBX Productions are going to be in the Cleveland Fanforce. They have previous experience making fanfilms, and asked for the names of everyone there and how to contact them. They said if you show up, you're gonna be in the movie! I'd love to do one, and I could introduce the world to Jedi Master Etra-Sco Pilna! Plus I could light Mullet on fire, hehe.
  3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    That sounds cool. I couldn't be at the first meeting tho, as much as I begged and pleaded at work to get the day off. But my managers happen to come straight from the pits of hell, so...grrrr. I hope these guys come to future meetings!
  4. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    We'll try to have at least one person from TBX at all meetings. No promises though ;)

(shamless plug - check out the link in my signature for our website ;)
  5. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Funny you guys should mention this. I have been helping TBX with their films as I could and in return some of them are going to help me with mine. However I still need to cast some parts. I plan on starting filming some next summer with the bulk done the following winter. I have a story and concept art (costumes) on my website. Click on the link for Rite of Passage. The story is posted there too for all to read. Anyone who would like to help PLEASE let me know. I could use all the help I can get.
  6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Is the part for Dante Xelis taken yet? If not, I'm more than willing to try for the part (I'd prefer to play Sith, after all, they are my favorite side) but if not that's ok too, I really enjoyed that script. It's a shame to see Dante die though, I'm the type who roots for the bad guy lol. Good work on the story!
  7. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm a tv/movie actor, so sign me up, I've always wanted to play a villian.
  8. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I am also an accomplished actor (I won best supporting actor in high school), and I've always wanted to light Mullet on fire. I think it'd be cool as long as I get to be a Jedi, Sith, or Bounty Hunter/Mandalorian. Let's get this party started!
  9. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey let the little guy get some action here! You say you've done big things, so let someone else get a piece! I've always wanted to do something like this! I may not be a big shot tv actor or whatnot but I CAN act, I have previous experience in "local" plays and the sort. Don't mean to step on your toes man, but I really want the chance to do something like this. Don't like the idea of being cut diagonally in half though...BTW don't mean to be a snoop...but what tv/movie stuff have you done? Must be pretty cool.
  10. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I know Mullet won't be on again tonight, so I'll answer for him. He was on Jerry Springer. He also did an HBO movie, American Splendor. He's going to appear in the movie Sultana, about a riverboat that really did sink, sort of like the Titanic. But don't worry, he hasn't had any major roles in movies, plus he's a really nice kid, this isn't a competition. The people from TBX said if you show up to filming, you're guaranteed a spot in the movie. It ought to be a blast.
  11. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    This is going to be fun! Thanks for thr responses guys. I have asked Douz to play Dante and Grn to play Ja-Zig, but that is not set in stone. They are going to be busy doing COTS III and might not have the time to do the parts. They were the only ppl I knew in town and so I asked them.

Depli is going to be played by my Brother-in-law.
    I play Anrev (but that is not set in stone either. If I find someone who would do it better then me I will gladdly stay behind the camera.)

Do any of you have costumes yet?
  12. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I have tan ER scrubs and a monk's robe. I am currently building my own saber hilt. I don't have any boots though, and my Jedi robe (the monk's robe) is connected in the center; it isn't split down the middle like the Jedi robes in the movies. But I don't know how anal you'll be about little details like that. I didn't read the script yet, I'll see if any characters sound cool to me.
  13. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I really like your script. It has a lot of good dialogue and action for a fanfilm. To give you an idea of my physical appearance, I'm 6'3" (tall, imposing figure!), blond hair, blue eyes. I would love to play Depli (who is taller than Anrev), although you seem to have him cast. The fallen Jedi also sound interesting. My least favorite character is Thrad, but I'd even be willing to play him. Here's an idea... now that you know there are more people wanting to make fanfilms, maybe you could elaborate the script for a bigger saber battle...
  14. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    What ever you have for a costume will be fine. Beats me trying to have them made. :) 6'3" you say? hmmmm. You dont by chance have long hair do you?

As for sabers, I will be making all of the fight sabers. The belt sabers we can use what you have. I will be using wood dowls for the blades. Nothing else I've tried can take the beating.

Do any of you know Martial Arts?
  15. Douz Jedi Knight

star 3
    As it was said earlier...somewhere up above....when we have a film shoot, basically if you show up, we'll put you in it. You may not have any lines, but you'll more than likely be in the final cut of the film.

We are currently in post-production on our latest film Star Wars: Conspiracy and we are waiting for spring/summer to finish up filming on Challenge of the Sith II: Darkness Descends. Challenge of the Sith III probably wont start until Summer 2003.

We are always coming up with new ideas for films (I can think of at least 4 off the top of my head).

You can better believe we will be contacting people from FanForce Cleveland to help out in some of the roles.
  16. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Anrev, as a matter of fact, I do have long hair. A couple of week's ago, it was the length of Obi-Wan's Episode II cut, but I got a hair cut so that it will be that length when AOTC comes out. (I'm trying to grow a beard out too if possible to pay homage to the Obster). So it's relatively long.
  17. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    I haven't read your FanFilm yet, (will do soon), but do you have any parts for Female Jedi?
  18. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    There's the part of a female Jedi in his script, yes. But I don't know if you will like how her characterization plays out. I don't want to ruin the script for you, so I'll just leave it at that.
  19. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay, thanks. Like I said, I'll read it soon, I was talking to someone about the EU, but he had to go for now.
  20. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Anrev_the_Jedi, I have long hair, and am a black belt in karate.
  21. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey Anrev, great story!

I'm wondereing, is the Female Jedi Master at the beginning and end Master Rezvan?

If it is, I'd like to play her, but although I should tell you that I'm only 18, but my friends say that I look older. ;)
  22. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Just Anrev is fine guys. I had to use Anrev_the_Jedi cause I forgot the password I used for "Anrev" and the email is no longer active.

The Jedi Master at the beginning and end is OLD. Very Old. Were talking 70 to 80 here. I want to use my Grandma.

Rezvan is not that old. If you want the part JJJ then its yours.

Random Menace - I'm thinking Ja-Zig for you.

Reborn Jedi - You asked for Dante

Pas Jo Dacle - How bout Anrev

And if there is someone who would be willing to play Thrad the pilot. Great. If not then I will.

As for stunts...I have an air bag... and in the story I have three ppl being force pushed. I want to film Anrev, Rezvan, and Ja-Zig falling off of a 6' ladder into the air bag. Then fix it in post production to look like a force push. I also have Depli doing a flip out of a tree into the air bag.

I'm glad you guys like the story. My sister is doing the script right now. I have all the software and the Mac to do the post production. I have a Sony camera. I am going to build the interior of one of the space ships in my garage. (could use some help with that) It will be filmed durring the summer of 03 and winter of 03-04. I want snow on the ground for the planet Bexar. I figure we will film one day at a time. Not everybody will be able to have 2 or more days off in a row. Especially when we do the scenes in the snow. It will melt in a day or 2 and we will be lucky to get in a full days worth.

Is anyone interested in helping with post production? Sound effects and rotoscoping? (that means drawing the lightsaber blade on the film) How bought CGI? I will do the editing.

WOW long post. I think thats all for now. PM or email me if you have any questions. Or post them here too I guess.
    Thanks guys, This is going to be great.

Anrev

23. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds cool. I'd be a sweet villain, hehe. I'd like to play Depli, but Ja-Zig sounds cool too. I'm down. It'll just depend on when I'm working so that I can come and film. Cuz I usually work during the day during the summer, but that may be subject to change in a year or two. But I think I'd have a lot of fun doing this! Go Cleveland Fanforce!
  24. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    Summer of 2003? ****, I'll be living in hollywood then, if you do it earlier then, email me.
  25. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Sure Anrev, I'll play Rezvan. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.