main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone wanna do a fanfilm?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by _-Reborn_Jedi-_, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Wow Anrev that sounds great. Truly an honor to try for the role. There are some drawbacks however, I don't have a costume at all and don't know the first thing about martial arts ( I've watched the Matrix over 100 times and studied their moves does that count? LOL). Well a little about myself- I don't like to give away my age, so lets just say I'm around Anakin's age (EPII Anakin) but I look older. I'm a heavy build (not muscular nor fat either, big boned mostly) and I have short dark brown hair and I sport a goatee, which adds to the evil factor lol. But other than that I can act well and enjoy doing it. If I don't fit the criteria I can understand 100% and that's cool, because you put a lot of time into this and want the right person in a role. But if I'm in, as I said before, it'd be an honor to do it. Thanx!

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I got your PM Anrev. Like I said before, hell yeah, I'd never miss an opportunity to whoop some a$$ and wield my own saber. I dunno how exact you want the actual character to be from the concept art, but I really am having trouble growing facial hair, lol. And my hair on my head isn't that long either, like I said, it'll be like Obi-Wan's episode II cut. (The hair in the concept drawing is a lot longer than mine). I am really pale though, like you were asking about. Don't worry though, I've mastered the famous Jake Lloyd evil squint in the Jedi Temple (and from the eyes up I especially look like him, but older). So yes, I can look convincingly evil. I dunno about prosthetic horns coming out of my face though. Maybe like Maul's coming from the top of his head. But as Reborn Jedi said, it's an honor to even be asked. So we can talk things out and modify things as we need to if and when I start shooting. If all things work out for me with work and stuff, I'll do it.

3. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    ya! give random some prostetic horns or some thing, anything would be considered an improvement.

owned.....

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Dude, I'm coming for you, go back inside your Mullet and hide...

Owned.

~Random

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    THE MULLET SHALL SHAVE YOU BALD!

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Dude, the mullet was a thing of the 80's. The way of the new millenium is the Shag! Yes, I have one, and I know it's becoming big. The Shag would own a mullet anyday! And besides, MY saber is going to shave YOU!

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I WILL EAT YOUR HEART!

8. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Your all fired.

OWNED! HA!

;)

9. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Ok, anrev wins this round. That was a perfict comeback for which I have no futher comment. Great own my man.

10. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    LOL guys!

Hey Anrev, too bad that you don't have everything finished to start filming, then we could do it today! :p

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Mullet, I thought of a reply:
    My hair can always grow back, but you'll NEVER learn to spell.

Own.

As for little bouts online like this, don't expand our boards too much with petty crap like this anymore, so don't post it. If you are going to have funny little bouts like this, then PM each other, or do it in person (esp. if you talk daily like me and mullet). And remember, arguing over the Internet is like the Special Olympics: even if you win, you're still retarded.

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Anrev, you might want to reconsider the name Rite Of Passage now. Copy the following address and paste it to your URL bar, then scroll down the page, and you ought to see what I'm talking about:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2002/04/news20020401.html

13. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    RandomMenace - I think the title is fine, even with your link.
    Anrev - don't change it, bud. :)

14. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I can prove that I came up with mine first if anyone would happen to ask about it after it comes out. I'm not changing it. As for filming sooner. We could but we need costumes and sets first. I learned how to sew on vacation so I will start on costumes soon. But the first thing is we all need to meet. I need to make sure that all of you can fill the roles I need and can do them good enough to make this work. (which I'm sure you will.)

When we do this I will need everyone to commite to this and see it through. I dont want to re cast half way through filming. I'm really fired up that you guys want to do this. We can start rehearsing now if we want. There are severial saber fights.

I figure after AOTC comes out then we can start. Might as well.

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    We didn't post about it, but Anrev told me I'm gonna be Depli now, and Mullet is going to be Ja-Zig. Well, my long hair was annoying the hell out of me, so I buzzed it off. It's a Padawan cut now Anrev, so I look more the part of Depli. I can also do a mean Yoda impression for the scene where he confers the title of Knight on Depli. I get out of school May 10. If I get the job at my dad's work, my hours are most likely going to be 10-6, so the earliest I can film would be like 7:00 PM. We gonna start filming soon? Just thought I would update you on my status for the movie...

16. SWfreak_portmanlover

SWfreak_portmanlover Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    OK, I didn't read any of the other reply's yet so maybe I missed stuff but...I would LOVE to make a fanfilm dude!!! Plus, I'm a writer and have written some Star Wars short stories (nothing published). I have also read most of the books and have a good feel of the Star Wars universe (I've been a HUGE fan since i was 6). I like to think that I'm a pretty good author....so if you want to collaborate on a script I would be more than willing to help out. This will be really cool. BTW...I'm sure most of you know but there's going to be an awards show for Fan Films on the SCIFI channel i don't remember when but soon, check the Jedi Journal for info.

17. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Hey Avery, what's the news, are we going to do this film early? When?

18. SWfreak_portmanlover

SWfreak_portmanlover Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    lol, after reading all the reply's my last post looks pretty retarded. Oh well...it looks like I won't be able to help you guys with making the fan film even though I would LOVE to do something like that...my dad'll never let me do it. As soon as I'm 18 though...if you are gonna make a sequel or anything I'll be happy to help anytime after Nov. 1 of this year, because from then on parental permission won't be a factor, lol. Anyway...I'm going to read the script!

19. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and I have some acting experience. I've read several books on film directing, and I have experience in Premiere, After Effects, and Lightwave.

I would love to help out in a fan film.

20. Darth_Callous

Darth_Callous Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I'd be very interested in joining in a fan-film project. E-mail me and let me know when you're looking to start pre-production.

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Dude, Anrev's movie has BEEN in pre-production... We're just waiting for the production to begin, so I can own some Dark Jedi and show my saber skills...

22. Darth_Callous

Darth_Callous Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I'm guessing that he's got the casting and script pretty much done then? Well then if you need a fight choreographer give me a yell.

23. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Well we need to make sure we have the cast figured out but we need to get get together ASAP. I want to get everything figured out so we can start on it right away. Next month at a meeting we need to sit down and get everything worked out.

24. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    OR WE CAN HAVE A FILM MEETING! Just a sit down discussion with everyone in the film.

25. BobertV123

BobertV123 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    Seems like you guys have a lot of this figured out/set-up but if you need a hand LMK!

I can do some video work...can run a camera well...and do a bit of video editing....sound FX etc. I've also choreographed some 'fights'--I did one a few years ago that my cousin and I performed....about 4 minutes long or so with plastic wiffle bats painted as sabers.... We included different jumps/summersaults and plenty of dueling...So if you need any help there (choreographing a fight or something) I guess thats kinda my specialty :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.